Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Masa con Papas: - A Punch Clock Animal Story
[Image: wyuoGex.png]
"So the path of most suffering. Hmm."
"It's a lot less grim than destroyer of worlds, isn't it?"
"I suppose it is Charon..."
"Is something wrong?"
"It's odd... Even though your face hasn't changed all that much you're barely recognizable.... as your Grandma it's a little worrying."
"I'm close enough."
"Maybe... but after so long I'm just glad you're here at all. Are you holding up okay?"
"Best I've been in forever. I think I feel you though, hard to say if I'm the same me... I think I'd hate myself from a year ago."
"Hate's a pretty strong word but honestly, think everyone would be embarrassed to meet their younger self."
"You too?"
"Course."
"...."
"Charon?"
"Do you... remember?"
"I'll be honest, it kinda blanked until the day of it all Charon. Your face kinda just vanished between everything that went down. Angels, the abyss, all of it."
"You didn't think about stopping it?"
"Feel like if I did something would break I guess... glad you weren't alone out there though. Glad you got to meet the fogey."
"What happened to him?"
"I'm not sure. Still bothers me almost every night."
"And the other?"
"They aren't around no more."
"They remind me of the dog from solitude.. just a little."
"I mean we're all blood Charon, it's bound to happen."
"Wish I could've been as strong..."
"Those two are made from fantasy and had a hell of a lot of divine intervention Charon, it's not worth regrets."
"I know... I got Geezer out though so I can't say I have any."
"You did good. You really did."
"But... I guess I'm the reason I'm like this right now right?"
"You're gonna be okay Charon, just plenty of bed rest should fix most of it."
"Doctor said not all things though right?"
"...Yeah... you still got the other one though at least but it's pretty gone. You got a hell of a lot more done though as a Knight than most do at your age though so.. take what you can there."
"Hard to call it a win Grandma."
"Never said it was. Gotta say though, hope your witching days are done after that."
"I'm taking a hiatus."
"I'd rather you just drop it kiddo, not a fan of brewery in the house."
"Have something against it?"
"I just don't trust like that. Folks come here with their fancy goggles with the pointy striped noses like a marx brother went over the rainbow and then wanna pitch me some weird stuff they say can help you romance a phantom."
"....Is that a thing?"
".....I'd rather it not be. Love potions are a cursed concept and some punk in a coat covered in adhesive medical strips is gonna get popped if they try to sell me one."
"Heh.. you might need to date a ghost though these days right?"
"......"
"I'm sorry."
"Charon I swear to god if you weren't my grankid I'd yell til the swear jar is full. I appreciate you still got some sense of humor after everything though."
"It's what kept me going honestly. Smiling and laughing through it even when it hurt.... even when it was hard... even when someone had to die it just..."
"Relax Charon."
"I kinda want to cry after it though but I can't make it happen."
"It's hard stuff for all folks."
"Gotta stay tough though right?"
"Nah, now's the perfect time. Like, I know I tell you to walk things off and bare the little scrapes and bruises when you fall but... there's no shame in a little healing when it's all done and over."
"Grandma..."
"You can do it. It's all good."
"....."
"Just keep letting it out, you're okay now."
"I know..."
"You're safe kid, and you did damn good."
"....."
"And I'm never gonna let that sort of thing happen again."

[-]
Quick Reply
Smilies
Smile Wink Cool Big Grin
Tongue Rolleyes Shy Sad
At Angel Angry Blush
Confused Dodgy Exclamation Heart
Huh Idea Sleepy Undecided
[get more]

Human Verification
Please tick the checkbox that you see below. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Masa con Papas: - A Punch Clock Animal Story - by ThreadLurkingComorant - 09-06-2019, 07:45 AM
RE: Masa con Papas: - A Punch Clock Animal Story - by Guest - 01-01-2020, 07:28 AM
RE: Masa con Papas: - A Punch Clock Animal Story - by Guest - 01-18-2020, 08:56 AM