Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Masa con Papas: - A Punch Clock Animal Story
[Image: NwM1FVv.png]

The Homunculi: You got one in mind yet? Taking your time. If you can't make a big choice on the flay it's all downhill from here kid.
Charon: Yeah... That one, I like it's style.

You feel like you signed something and didn't even notice it. Not picking anything might've been a way better answer. Nothing feels quite right suddenly.

[Image: aInxVNc.png]

Someone in front of your face goes off at you.

"It's awfully invasive to spawn in that close. Could've telefragged me!"

"I didn't mean to... what?"

"Telefragging! I'd explode!"

"I don't know what that is..."

There's almost a blur and nausea at first but after a bit you ground yourself from the haze.

[Image: cDN6XxN.png]

"Another newcomer, looks like you're too lively to be here."

You can't see much around you.

"Can you help me?"

"Sure could but I don't deal strangers in a void... you kinda look like someone I know though. You mind if I do a quick read?"

"A read?"

"Hold out your hand kid."

She's probably not more than a little older than but you're not going to complain right now.

"What's your name?"

"Erica. You?"

"Charon, Charon Judgment."

"Ah... that explains it. Now hold it out."

[Image: zjaHRGS.png]

You hold out your hand for her to take a look at.

Erica: "Take off those fancy gloves, you some kind of star man?"

Charon: "They're prostheses actually... They're part of me."

Erica: "So... like a part-construct?"

Charon: "I mean not really that but...."

Erica: "Aw shoot, you're sensitive about those aren't you?"

Charon: "Maybe a little."

Erica: "Sorry about that, where I come from those aren't commonplace you know. By the look of your face and the mark on them I'd assume you were something Aunt Faris cooked up but... this place is a bit chronologically difficult I reckon so you're probably waaaay down the line."

Charon: "I'm sorry?"

Erica: "Yeah uh... we're not in the best place right now. Other planes don't follow the same time flow and all. You're probably some descendant from a world where we've gone to the moon."

Charon: "Haven't gone that far yet."

Erica: "Really? You're telling me they put limb replacement and medical advancement above world domination for once? Dang. Must be some kind of utopia... hope I get to see it. Don't give me details, I don't wanna break rules."

Charon: "So are you talking about Faris Judgment?"

Erica: "Yeah that one. You know her?"

Charon: "Yeah.. Well I never met her myself but I've heard of her. Read her docs on lost tech."

[Image: EyWs35R.png]

Erica: "Ah.. archived. Probably never gonna meet me then yeah? Don't say that either. Looks like we're fam' though. Figured as much, we got a bit of a common soul thing going on."

Charon: "Common soul?"

Erica: "You got a few little leanings but... yours is much more lively you know?"

Charon: "Please explain."

Erica: "Ah! You aren't sensitive!"

Charon: "Nope."

Erica: "Then this is new to you. We're in some kind of weird mixture of time, space, and a vague scrap composite. It's like a subspace of sorts. Normally only sensitives and people who mess with magic too hard end up here but it's not one way and you don't seem like you messed up too hard."

Charon: "I mean I might've... I should get back soon though before things get worse. Grandma's gonna tear up the town if I'm spirited away too long."

Erica: "Fucked with magic type, gotcha. No problem, even though I can't read your palms I can see you got a hell of a lot of potential with that arcana if yours. Kinda pretty honest, wish you could see it."

[Image: EPVVh0J.png]

Charon: "Really?!" 

Erica: "Yes, why'd I lie about that? You know it's awful rare I meet a guy who actually takes that a a compliment.  Most get insecure when I don't mean one lick of malicious. Honestly for something that fragmented I'm surprised it's so healthy. You're pretty strong."

Charon: "Guess so huh?"

Erica: "Not as strong as mine though, mine could probably bench press yours right now."

[Image: hs3U5jc.png]

Charon: "What's that?!"

Erica: "Inner potential. Now granted it's a little variable as time goes on but it's been stable for awhile. Looks like your eyes are adjusting to the place, only way a non-sensitive can see this sort of thing is when all the phantasmagoria is at a high activity level. "

[Image: 6OxvTaK.png]

Charon: "You're saying I could punch a ghost."

Erica: "I mean if you wanted to? Yeah." 

Charon: "As in right now?"

Erica: "Maybe? Should probably bask in the realm a bit more before trying first. Or get your friend there to help you."

Charon: "Who?"

Erica: "Over your right shoulder.

[-]
Quick Reply
Smilies
Smile Wink Cool Big Grin
Tongue Rolleyes Shy Sad
At Angel Angry Blush
Confused Dodgy Exclamation Heart
Huh Idea Sleepy Undecided
[get more]

Human Verification
Please tick the checkbox that you see below. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Masa con Papas: - A Punch Clock Animal Story - by ThreadLurkingComorant - 07-23-2019, 08:11 PM
RE: Masa con Papas: - A Punch Clock Animal Story - by Guest - 01-01-2020, 07:28 AM
RE: Masa con Papas: - A Punch Clock Animal Story - by Guest - 01-18-2020, 08:56 AM