Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Masa con Papas: - A Punch Clock Animal Story
[Image: 6EuyFNz.png]

The Homunculi seemingly manifests a set of 3 cards in its mouth and leans toward you.

Homunculi: Do me a favor and grab these yeah? 
Charon: Don't you need to lay them out?
Homunculi: I'm a little tied up so you're gonna have to for me. Now whatcha need to know is that these are drawn from your personal deck right? That means each one of these is a piece of you so be gentle with them.

You follow instructions, placing them face down.

Homunculi: Now, flip them one at a time. From left to right, you got your Blood, your Body, and your Endgame. 
Geezer: That's a step above the usual past, present, and future. Think that's too much info there?
Homunculi: If you're gonna manifest your potential into a potato ghost you might as well get your money's worth before you dismiss me. 
Geezer: In that case you mind doing me next?
Homunculi: You really want that?
Geezer: I had to sit for hours waiting for this cursed shit to happen, I want in all the way.
Charon: I told you to watch your fucking language!
Geezer: You're swearing too!

The Homunculi smirks

Homunculi: Why don't you go and flip the first card.

You do so.

[Image: ojeYcQz.png]

Homunculi: Number 13, pretty foreboding. The Nameless card, the Reaper itself.
Charon: Pretty sure that one isn't inherently bad right?
Homunculi: Nah, from my guess you just started from the end of something. Bunch of glowing eyed monster dogs becoming a hero to anyone sure seems like a from the ashes situation to me. Gotta say though, real fancy take going on there, for being the nameless card it's awful lively. Almost festive even. Don't like what I'm seeing in the back though.. guess change is a real big thing that got you here.
Charon: I think I know enough about where I came from. Can we move on to the next one?
Homunculi: You don't gotta wait on me, but I'd appreciate if you did. Flip it.

[Image: OgTBEC0.png]

Charon: That's Number 0 yeah?
Homunculi: Sure is, and based on you being... small years old I'd say it's about right. The Fool, A fresh start with maybe a few fumbles here and there with you edging near that cliff a bit. Hard to say if you're going places but you'll see everything you gotta and the end sure doesn't look too far from the beginning. Typically that can be a sign that you won't move past your hometown but In this context I'd bet more on it being a thing of heart. You're gonna start with your heart in the same place you will at the end I think. 
Charon: I don't mind being a paradigm. 
Geezer: Pretty sure he was politely calling you a grandma's boy.
Homunculi: I mean I wouldn't use that word but... I think it's time for your next card before I can call it that.

You flip over the last card.

[Image: h2eoccd.png]

Charon: XX. 
Homunculi: That's the numeral for 20 you know. Judgement... 
Charon: Sounds like hoopla.
Homunculi: Pretty sure it's roman.
Charon:.... what's a roman?
Homuncili: You'll understand when you're older. Now on its own it's the start of new things at the end of everything.
Geezer: Are all these cards like this?
Homunculi: I mean 6 and 12 are kinda adjacent but it's all about different tones and shades you know? Just be lucky none of those are next to a number 16. That said... when most people pull a twenty it's a pretty optimistic but mildly intimidating thing right? But here you're just asking for trouble. 
Charon: Yeah I... don't think that looks quite right. 
Homunculi: Resurrection is kinda tricky if you're struggling to make it out of that grave to begin with.. and based on that toothy little sword there I don't think your journey went too great. A mighty one, probably from the mouth and bones of the elder destroyer itself. You know that segmented hand looks a lot like yours too... A unmarked grave so far from home only makes you a sad reminder that the world is cruel... but you're not quite done there right? 
Charon: I feel like I'm going to die.
Geezer: That's a mood.
Homunculi: Maybe. For your sake I need you to pick one.
Charon: For?
Homunculi: Depends how real you want to be about this. Some people jump for the thing closest to them, which I'd do the same frankly. Others go for what they could be, the perfect version inside their head. Now I don't like to call this casting judgment but..... I am a bit curious. Do it fast too, your friend wants a turn at this. 

Who are you? 

Edit: Vote Now closed

[-]
Quick Reply
Smilies
Smile Wink Cool Big Grin
Tongue Rolleyes Shy Sad
At Angel Angry Blush
Confused Dodgy Exclamation Heart
Huh Idea Sleepy Undecided
[get more]

Human Verification
Please tick the checkbox that you see below. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Masa con Papas: - A Punch Clock Animal Story - by ThreadLurkingComorant - 07-09-2019, 04:34 AM
RE: Masa con Papas: - A Punch Clock Animal Story - by Guest - 01-01-2020, 07:28 AM
RE: Masa con Papas: - A Punch Clock Animal Story - by Guest - 01-18-2020, 08:56 AM