Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
skinstealer journal- a misc collection of postings
percy mortis

thinking a lot about old style blogging lately. about how social media used to be, and the fact that our interests remain in a weird quantum state of "being talked about frequently but desiring deeper engagement even if it's just with ourselves." we've run a dreamwidth account before and did very much enjoy that, but didn't stick with it for whatever reason. tumblr blogging feels like it falls under shit that's just too close to Modern Social Media Tactics and maybe we just want to have a little corner of the web that's ours to post stuff in. as it turns out, we do in fact have a website and that website has a forum and you can make little blog posts on forums. no one can stop you!

so fair warning: this is gonna get self indulgent. really self indulgent.

we'll try to image describe where we can!

things this blog will probably contain
- petz gameplay and graphics experiments (vs Hexing Work, see petz general thread for that)
- second life avatars, adventures, photography, etc
- misc OC work unrelated to official projects
- pokemon, especially romhacks/randomizers/fangames
- system ramblings, both on mundane shit (probably nothing super personal, just things we'd casually talk about in morbchat anyway and think is interesting for people to know) and "mechanical" stuff- we find it's really valuable to read about how other systems work, and would love to contribute our own stuff to the discussion
- toys, both collecting, photography, etc
- rambles about object sentience and attachments
- kin....things....? maybe?

subject to change and include more stuff. enjoy, and feel free to comment/discuss!

today's topic...i'm revisiting a personal pet i made last year as an attempt to make a petz "kinsona" i could use for photography. i decided to make a cat based on the animal crossing wild world horse mackerel, seeing as i've got big time feelings about a lot of our experiences with that game. aquatic cats seem to be a big thing for me, and i had a lot of fun making this guy...and then proceeded to do absolutely zero things with him. he doesn't even have a name yet! but now he is here, and i'm going to try playing with him a little every day while fronting. i hope you like him!

[Image: 2_14_02_24_2_13_25.png]
[image description: a collage of petz screencaps, featuring an unnamed petz hex based on the animal crossing horse mackerel. he's a soft looking, chunky cat with big, shiny fish eyes, blushing cheeks, a dorsal fin, and a little fish tail. he's got a blue gradient on his body, with white and yellow accents. he's in a mix of poses, but they all show off his massive, silly eyes. to top off the nautical feel, there's a AC:WW wallpaper texture depicting a seafaring ship for a background.]

trying something a little new with the graphics here...what do you think? i think if i make any more animal crossing guys (tempting....it'd be fun to make him an apple companion, or something more based on fashion design for krowling...or more fish and bugs!) i'll do similarly for a background, seeing as the textures are pretty readily available on nookipedia, and they look super nice!

[Image: 2_14_02_24_2_13_33.png]
[image description: more screencaps of the horse mackerel cat, this time wearing orange heart glasses and a matching starry party hat. he is playing, sleeping and posing! the background's also changed to a seaside wallpaper texture.]

dressup was fairly simple. i considered trying a proper sweater/pants combo like we usually do, but it didn't feel right to cover his body gradient. maybe i'll make some proper animal crossing shirts for him to wear. orange seems to be a good accent color, which is awesome considering it's a favorite of mine. plaid orange shirt maybe...

[Image: 2_14_02_24_2_13_44.png]

[image description: another collage of the horse mackerel cat on the same background, this time featuring silly faces and a new toy based off of a horse mackerel 3D model.]

@gyiyg hexed us a special toy for this guy!! he is so spoiled already. he loves playing with it and i hope he loves this thing forever. it looks so good next to him!

[Image: 2_14_02_24_2_13_54.png]

[image description: one last petz collage, featuring the horse mackerel cat making disgusted faces at a little mouse treat. he hates it.]

last discovery of right now: this guy fucking hates most food. he is picky as hell. he apparently has high food finickiness, which we're not super familiar with! our toxic trait is not actually feeding our petz often, whoops. but this guy HATES most treats and we've yet to figure what types he's actually good with. maybe another thing to hex him when we do figure it out? extremely funny though considering my attachments to food and being a lazy villager.

but yeah, this guy! please tell us your thoughts on this guy. open to name suggestions, but i'd like it to be animal crossing themed in some way.
one more thing: some custom infinite fusion plushes we ordered got here today!

[Image: 2_14_02_24_2_14_03.png]
[image description: two infinite fusion plushes facing the camera, based on porygon-z/jolteon fusions. they have wide eyes and little noses! the one on the left is relic, a blue and red poryeon, and the one on the right is phong, a white, purple and yellow one.]

we love them very much! they're about beanie baby size, and are made to take a variety of poses without needing wire. we'll probably take lots of photos of these guys.

off to go watch yu-gi-oh with como and write a oneshot! enjoy!
[Image: TCP%20customs.png][Image: 2411]

[-]
Quick Reply
Smilies
Smile Wink Cool Big Grin
Tongue Rolleyes Shy Sad
At Angel Angry Blush
Confused Dodgy Exclamation Heart
Huh Idea Sleepy Undecided
[get more]

Human Verification
Please tick the checkbox that you see below. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.

Messages In This Thread
skinstealer journal- a misc collection of postings - by skinstealer - 02-14-2024, 03:07 AM