Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[????] Mortis Character Ramble Thread [18+ edition]
ok it is. rin tonight, hi

i am not usually nervous about rambling about characters but it has been a bit and today we are talking about caine. which is, uh, a weird subject for me.

a lot of our recent characters have been autobiographical to some degree due to that being interesting for us to explore as a system, and caine is also that in ways i have not explored, at least not on this level. i wanted to make sure that even though he touches on similar subjects to wilson (namely, being uncomfortable with his interests/sexuality), it's explored differently, and in a way that ties in heavily into the comorbid system's internal and external struggles. caine is also an exploration of how certain dynamics i've had in the system would go if they were applied to one  with a different situation- while i've been the primary fronter of our system for many years (up until this one), what would happen if someone had similar complexes but in a different situation- one where people wouldn't be so biased.

that said, he's not directly me, and i prefer to leave a lot of the specifics of where those lines begin and end more mysterious for the sake of my own safety and comfort. be cool about it and don't ask anything of me personally, just focus on the guy. the failguy.

krowling has talked a bit about caine before, and if you've been keeping up with this thread, you know already that he is kind of a huge danger to the comorbid system at large. his inability to feed without completely freaking out has lead to way too many near-shifts into terror state, and in general, people prefer him to be locked the fuck up. locking him up never seems to work, however- despite him being relegated to the basement of one of the cabins in headspace, he has a tendency to manifest in other parts of the headspace without actively deciding to be there. this is extremely awkward for everyone involved, especially since caine in headspace is a 7 foot tall fleshy wolf monster that can and will jumpscare people when he materializes behind them and gets just as panicked.

that said, he has a strong relationship with delaney, a slug dopple in the same system who takes interest in him as something new to try on for size (interpret as you will). the two of them's bond is very hard to explain, but delaney appreciates having a massive guard dog at her disposal (especially against the headspace's many monsters and threats) and caine appreciates having someone to scratch him around the neck and encourage him instead of shoving him in a basement. when asked if their relationship goes beyond sordid flings and more into romantic territory, caine stops talking and looks incredibly embarassed, while delaney asks "wouldn't you like to know?"

del convinces caine to start feeding on willing external participants eventually, which everyone is INCREDIBLY relieved by, even if caine himself has mixed feelings about it. he's still wildly uncomfortable with the fact that his brain likes the sensory experience and act of feeding a bit too much, but finding people who are surprisingly down for that cough ivory helps a lot. the other people del hangs out with in system- river, maddie, and johnny- do not approve of her relationship with caine and think she is fucking insane for palling around with him. however- this does not stop them from letting her have him tag along on their adventures/patrols around headspace, with the caveat that she keeps an eye on him at all times. he's very useful against headspace monsters, as mentioned.

so yeah. this guy. if anyone has any questions, go ahead, i'll be back to ramble more either way.
[Image: TCP%20customs.png][Image: 2411]

[-]
Quick Reply
Smilies
Smile Wink Cool Big Grin
Tongue Rolleyes Shy Sad
At Angel Angry Blush
Confused Dodgy Exclamation Heart
Huh Idea Sleepy Undecided
[get more]

Human Verification
Please tick the checkbox that you see below. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [????] Mortis Character Ramble Thread [18+ edition] - by skinstealer - 11-22-2023, 04:09 AM