Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[????] Mortis Character Ramble Thread [18+ edition]
he definitely sees the plant thing as something he doesn't want to get super involved with, yeah. while part of him misses being able to do some things as easily as he did back when working on his family's farm as a child, the amount of hard labor involved and subsequent chastising when his motif would damage plants post-metamorphosis put him off of getting much enjoyment out of any of it by the time he's in the artist's colony.

i'd say he'd do some minor painting to his carvings, mainly just eyes and decals. he likes natural wood grain and the different colors it comes in- and you can probably get some super wild wood colors in calliope, it's a weird zone. i like to think he'd go for animals...which makes me wonder more about morbit creatures he would like. more inspiration to draw fauna, i guess? animals kind of spook him in person due to his body's fragility, but he really likes them from afar, more than he'd probably initially let on. he gets used to ivory's many living plush cats, though, and i can picture him letting them crawl all over him (up until they start kneading and poking holes).

arrow would probably feel a little weird about it. it doesn't have a lot of connections to back when it was a child- possibly due to another system member merging with it, or something? we're rotating arrow in our mind as we make these posts, tbh. perhaps it would make arrow feel a bit of nostalgia, but in a way that makes it uncomfortable...

i'm hanging out with remora tonight, and we realized that i've been working on frost so much with pecan and lore that i completely forgot about the other system members, including remora's character, nibbles. so we're going to go over the deal with everyone. no images right now, i just want to ramble.

starting with the character at hand: nibbles. nibbles is a whale shark gummi catfish that lives in the beach/ocean biodome in headspace, specifically in a large cave under the waters themselves. sometimes people scuba dive deep down there to visit her, but it's more likely that they use an inner tube while she paddles around the surface. at first i didn't think much of what frost would think about nibbles, but then after talking with remora and realizing we have a lot of personal history stuff we want to address with each other, it feels right to make them interact more. they won't be a parallel exactly, seeing as remora has a different character, shane, that addresses things that are more directly her deal, but there's going to be some interesting stuff there.

as such, frost and nibbles are...budding friends. both of them kind of avoided each other for a long time, especially once frost's thoughts of sexuality and desires for intimacy resurfaced after spending a good few years outside of a relationship. while it's hard for either of them to articulate Why this bothered either of them, it mainly comes down to two things: nibbles is Very, Very interested in having at the very least, a romantic relationship with someone, internal or external, and frost feels like his interests are inherently kind of too much to push on anyone. nibbles can sense frost's insecurity with it and doesn't want to push anything, and frost knows that she would possibly be interested in sharing intimate moments but goes "nope i dont want to go there". nibbles is also very impulsive and easily speaks her mind, even if it's overwhelming to others- something she tries to avoid by just being shy around him and not super talkative to.

once ivory helps, though...frost ends up talking with her, and while it's clear frost hasn't really come to terms with the idea of a relationship with Anyone, she's very happy to listen to his stories about doing stuff with ivory, be it sexual or otherwise. in return, she tells frost about some of the dreams and fantasies she keeps to herself, and the two have nice talks while floating in the sea.

also, looking back at notes- lore and frost did a lot of fronting during childhood, which probably explains a lot of why they're comfortable being bratty at each other. they're basically childhood....Something. not siblings, and definitely not the standard definition of friends, but they went through things together that tie them to each other, whether they like it or not.

back to other guys, though.

prickle is the primary fronter of the system, played by echer. he's a kangaroo snuglin who is endlessly devoted to his work, full of a deep and powerful love for plants and farming. he loves nothing more than getting his hands dirty and spending time outdoors, and can usually be found shirtless and covered in soil. people generally regard him as a cool guy, even if he doesn't really talk much to people outside of work and his online friends. he and frost get along fine, with prickle giving him a lot of respect due to frost's history of taking care of the system during rough times. prickle knows that he's been dealt a hard hand in life, and tries to cheer him up whenever their paths cross- though it doesn't often work. frost respects prickle in turn, but not enough to actually talk with him.

seaview is another common fronter, and is a seagull corvice. they live in a small beach shack by nibbles' cave, and are a sweet, giggly kind of person. they're probably one of the people who has the most casual friends out of the system, along with pecan- though neither of them have a lot. seaview thinks that frost should lighten up a bit, but not out of malice or misunderstanding- they just see how much everything seems to weigh on him. frost thinks seaview should step off, either way.

as mentioned before, stras is one of the few people frost Has been able to talk to for any significant amount of time since childhood. stras was also a childhood split and while his memories of their childhood are a lot fonder than the ones that frost or lore had, he's not ignorant to the kind of backbreaking labor the rest of the system was put through, and is able to sympathize with frost heavily. frost feels comfortable around him enough to probably talk about the ivory friends with benefits situation after it happens, to which stras is overcome with pride at frost stepping out of his comfort zone and trying something so huge.

and now, the primarily internal guys...

pluto and vein are interesting cases, being space-themed dragons that reside in the moon biodome (in their own little moon base). pluto controls the headspace's weather and environments, so frost always goes to them to badger about changing the seasons On Time (if you are late with winter he WILL complain). they don't have much of a relationship beyond that, though pluto takes extra care to make sure that things are handled to frost's preferences during the winter. vein is kind of always around when this happens due to living in the space biodome with pluto and not venturing out much, but she likes to poke fun at him to the point where frost is easily irritated by her.

astro also lives in the moon base, as the name would imply, but it's often too busy exploring to really interact with frost. it has a lot of dissociation and psychosis issues and is kind of hard to talk to as a result, so frost kind of just steers clear out of fear of screwing up with it.

ovie is a near-completely internal system member aside from cofronting and a cool, huge fire elemental, and sometimes frost calls it over to help get bonfires going by his cabin. the two are respectful of each other, even if not super talkative. frost knows that ovie will take care of things to the best of its ability, and ovie knows that frost has done the same for many years, albeit in different ways.
[Image: TCP%20customs.png][Image: 2411]

[-]
Quick Reply
Smilies
Smile Wink Cool Big Grin
Tongue Rolleyes Shy Sad
At Angel Angry Blush
Confused Dodgy Exclamation Heart
Huh Idea Sleepy Undecided
[get more]

Human Verification
Please tick the checkbox that you see below. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [????] Mortis Character Ramble Thread [18+ edition] - by skinstealer - 11-13-2023, 08:08 AM