Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[QUEST] Bits and Baubles for the Banished
YOU: ...You're right. I can't avoid the canyon forever, nor do I want to. Dealing with customers can be engrossing, but also...repetitive. I think I need to stretch my legs a bit. Get an adventure in. I'm a bit rusty, though...

FREDERIQUE: Boo, bad pun.

YOU: ...Wasn't intentional.

FREDERIQUE: Ah - my bad. Carry on.

YOU: I think I'll take your offer to come with me, at least for getting back into scavenging. I can know that if anything happens, you'll be able to pick me back up, and we won't have a case of you being unsure of what happened to me or where to find me. I'll put up the closed for business sign, and we can set out.

FREDERIQUE: Actually, let me do you one better.

He holds out a hand towards the goods in the shop, a sigil of arcane light glowing on his palm.

GLAMOUR SPELL: SUCCESS

The goods in the shop vanish before your eyes, all except the rock. Frederique puts his hand down and turns to you.

FREDERIQUE: Alright, you can put the sign up now. Don't worry, I just made it all invisible. Hopefully this way, no one will swipe anything while we're gone.

You nod.

YOU: Understood. Thank you.

FREDERIQUE: Don't sweat it.

The two of you make your way to the canyon's edge, a relatively short walk from where your shop is set up. Some dust
trickles over the edge, falling down into the dark until it's out of sight. You hesitate. Frederique is waiting. You can do this.

FREDERIQUE: ...Think you're really up for it?

YOU: Yes. Let's just...make it quick. A few rooms, and then we're out.

FREDERIQUE: Copy that.

The two of you descend down makeshift stairs carved into the wall of the canyon. The scenery changes from an endless desert something a touch more claustrophobic, almost more of a dungeon than a canyon, though you know you're nowhere near the bottom. The room is overflowing with trash, narrow hallways carved out between towering piles of it. Frederique grimaces and plugs his nose. Right. Times like these make you grateful you weren't built with a sense of smell.

FREDERIQUE: Gods. I didn't miss this. At least there's no sun here, otherwise it'd reek down here.

You give a grunt of approval.

FREDERIQUE: Alright. I'm gonna search through this pile on the left. Gimme a shout if you find anything.

He starts fishing through one of the stacks to your left.

There are about four different stacks in this room you can search through, though from the shape of them, it looks like they've already been picked apart for anything good. You can also go to a different room to see if you can find anything more promising lying in plain sight, or possibly try to find the stairs to go to a deeper level. The deeper the level the more dangerous it gets, but, the more interesting things you find.

What do you do?
[Image: lil_lesbian.png]

[-]
Quick Reply
Smilies
Smile Wink Cool Big Grin
Tongue Rolleyes Shy Sad
At Angel Angry Blush
Confused Dodgy Exclamation Heart
Huh Idea Sleepy Undecided
[get more]

Human Verification
Please tick the checkbox that you see below. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [QUEST] Bits and Baubles for the Banished - by Guest - 09-04-2023, 02:11 AM
RE: [QUEST] Bits and Baubles for the Banished - by King-Clod - 09-05-2023, 08:44 PM