Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Masa con Papas: Proxy's Memory
THE MAGICIAN PART 1
CW: None

[Image: unknown.png]

Faster than you can process, you find yourself in a train station standing in front of a stranger with eyes as red as yours. She has a look of surprise but only in the slightest.

Something about her is incredibly familiar.

???: Another kid from nowhere huh?

???: You’re the second one I’ve seen this week. Usually folks show up through one of the gateways. That’s how my grandpa and I did anyway.

???: You might be someone we need right now anyway.

???: Anyway, say something yeah? What’s up?

Her tone is familiar, she couldn’t be…

???: I’m willing to help you out kid, talk to me.

Charon: Kid?

???: You’re a kid ain’t you? Until I get a name I’m gonna keep calling you that.

Charon: Charon, Charon Judgment.

???: Seriously? I guess you did look kind of familiar actually…

Charon: Oh god, are you saying…

???: I’ll let you finish.

Charon: Is your name Erica..?

???: Bingo, hit the nail on the head.

Erica: Erica Judgment. I can’t say I was ready to meet a future boy like that… Guessing you know me at some point?

Charon: Absolutely, you’re… wait can I-

Erica: Don’t say anything about the future, I don’t wanna know too much and then watch you disintegrate out of reality you know? Gotta say though I can absolutely see the resemblance.

Erica: Also gotta say you’re absolutely green if you just have your proxy out like that.

Charon: My proxy?

Erica: That ghost behind you, you know what that is right?

[Image: unknown.png]

You look over. A tall mesh of rose and metal hovers behind you with a watchful aura. It parrots your little movements with a nonchalant look about it.

Erica: That is yours right?

Charon: I.. I guess so. Didn’t have one before I don’t think though….

Erica: Could be this world, it does weird things like that to folks. It’s got a pretty look going on so that’s promising.

Charon: You think so?

Erica: Yep. These things are supposed to be manifestations of inner self and potential and all and yours looks warm as a light.  If you just got it like this that means you’re hella off to a good start.

Charon: I guess so.

Erica: You should probably give it a name. Something that sounds strong you know? Giving your proxy a name is good luck they say.

Charon: Oh god I got no clue… Um….

Erica: Just go with your gut.

Something strong…

Something cool…

Extreme is a pretty cool word.

But… you want to also give a sense of endurance and wit.

You have no idea how long you’re going to be here so…..

Charon: Extreme Retention.

Erica: Going hard off the bat huh?

Charon: Is… is that too much?

Erica:  Nah, that’s perfect. Knew a kid who discovered his and went pretty hard. Called it Sixth Ranger. Uh…

Erica: Actually, you might be who he was looking for. Weird rabbit boy with long hair? Said he was with his cousin at home and suddenly woke up here. Called his hair pretty and he got offended.

Charon: Geezer?!

Erica: Yeah! He stuck around in town, decided to relax at the library while me and my grandpa quested out here. You know how it is?

Charon: He’s safe then?

Erica: Yeah, should be. He’s in a part of town where the church’s stranglehold isn’t too bad.

Charon: The church?

Erica: Yeah, we got a lot to fill you out on. We should probably find my grandpa first though.

Charon: Mm! I’ll help you out. What’s he look like?

Erica: Tall, big hair, has a couple of horns on one side of his head? I mean they’re technically mandibles but…

Charon: I can help out with that.

Erica: Nice. Walk with me and I’ll catch you up on stuff. There’s a lot you gotta learn if you wanna survive in this world. 

[-]
Quick Reply
Smilies
Smile Wink Cool Big Grin
Tongue Rolleyes Shy Sad
At Angel Angry Blush
Confused Dodgy Exclamation Heart
Huh Idea Sleepy Undecided
[get more]

Human Verification
Please tick the checkbox that you see below. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Immortal Husk - by ThreadLurkingComorant - 10-31-2021, 03:49 PM
RE: The Immortal Husk - by ThreadLurkingComorant - 11-04-2021, 10:01 PM
RE: CORAZONES - Masa Con Papas (Formerly the Immortal Husk) - by ThreadLurkingComorant - 04-21-2022, 05:15 PM