Posts: 827
Threads: 26
Joined: Dec 2019
Reputation:
2
09-02-2026, 05:25 PM
(This post was last modified: 09-17-2026, 05:29 PM by Lilium Mortem.)
Posts: 827
Threads: 26
Joined: Dec 2019
Reputation:
2
09-02-2026, 05:43 PM
(This post was last modified: 09-03-2026, 04:54 PM by Lilium Mortem.)
Authors Note:
Show Content
SpoilerWelcome to Strike Out!. This Fanfic has been a long time in the making. The first three chapters are pretty rough, and the rest of them have been written a significant time after the first, so it's gonna be shakey for a bit. but! you get updates daily until we hit that magic fourth chapter. I hope you all enjoy, I know I did writing it.
EDIT: Due to some feedback with my beta reader, King-Clod, I've decided to space out releases some more to make sure no one feels like they're too far behind. I'm unsure of how often, but we will be getting to weekly releases by chapter 4, and that schedule will remain the standard once we reach that point.
Strike Out! Chapter 1
Its important to understand that I didn't want to be out in a rainstorm at night, it was just a series of bad fucking decisions.
First was a friend online had tracked a package they were sending me and it had just arrived. I said I would get it tomorrow, but they really wanted to share it with me nowwww. so I reluctantly agreed to walk out to the mailboxes and get it.
Second was seeing the weather outside, hearing the thunder and deciding I had already decided to go out in the dark, might as well just take an umbrella with me and make it quick.
The third, and final mistake, was leaning on the metal mailboxes, inspecting the package with my phone light trying to figure out what the hell it was and why it was so weird shaped.
Each of these on their own aren't that bad, and in the moment I didn't think anything of them. But in hindsight, I was asking to get struck by lightning.
So it was surprising, that after that bright green flash and world of pain, I woke up sprawled at the bottom of the hill alive. I mean I knew people could survive lighting strikes, but it still felt like a miracle.
Getting my bearings, I figured out my phone was fried, and the package was gone. There were some burnt pieces of brown packaging material scattered around, but no object. It was also a sunny morning. Had I been out the entire night?
Bearings haven gotten, I made my way home. The door was locked, which was probably my dad, the car wasn't in the driveway either so he was out. I went for the key hidden in the front porch light but it wasn't there for some reason. Dad must have moved it, or forgot to put it back. I didn't take my keys with me, just the key to the mailbox, so I couldn't get in.
I resigned to wait, sitting on one of the front porch chairs.
He didn't come home.
After a panic attack and a mumbled planning session with myself I decided to walk to the library. Three miles away. Look I haven't had to manually type in anyone's phone number in two decades, I couldn't just ask for the phone at the gas station.
The grueling process of walking there did give me some time to think, though.
What kind of lightning was green? And why weren't any of my clothes singed? And where did my umbrella go? The only thing that seemed to be burnt at all was what remained of the mysterious package, and some grass near where I had fallen. If this was a story, I'd expect the package to have some mcguffin that caused this. But this was real life. And I had just suffered an accident. Right?
Navigating library bureaucracy to get some computer time was difficult, especially with exhaustion buzzing in the back of my head. They didn't seem to have my phone number on file and I didn't have any other proof of identity, so they couldn't issue me a new card. But they did give me a code slip I could use for thirty minutes of computer time. So mission accomplished.
My plan was simple: Make a new discord account, join a public server I knew I had some friends in, and get a message passed to one of my sisters. why did I need a new discord account? my phone was fried and that had my password manager on it, shut up.
The plan went smoothly enough and I logged on to Luxury Gay Furry Communism as ThunderFlower. Look you try being creative on a burner account after being struck by fucking lightning.
→ Welcome, ThunderFlower. We hope you brought pizza.
BagelEnthusieSusie: Hello @ThunderFlower, please read the rules and make a post in the introductions channel.
ThunderFlower: Susie Its me aster, Corpse_Aster. I got locked out and my phone broke so I'm at the library with a fresh discord account.
Clambert: days wizhout server drama: 0
BagelEnthusieSusie: ...aster, you realize how Phishy that sounds, right?
ThunderFlower: shit yeah, you're right. You don't have an opinion on pinaple pizza, Your favorite kingdom hearts game is the original GBA version of chain of memories, when you were four you broke your arm falling off the roof of your grandma's condo in florida.
ThunderFlower: that enough to prove I'm me?
BagelEnthusieSusie: good enough that I'm not immediately blocking your ass. what do you need?
ThunderFlower: I just need you to send a message to one of my sisters so they can get in contact with my dad.
BagelEnthusieSusie: Why not your boyfriend? if you're locked out. last time I checked you still live with him.
ThunderFlower: my what.
My WHAT?!?!
Corpse_Aster: My Boyfriend. Susie send this asshole to the shadow realm
Clambert: OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
And then the screen went back to the default 'you've got no friends or servers' page discord has. Did I just get banned by myself? Wait no, that's stupid someone has hijacked my discord account. Fuck.
closing down the computer I walked out to the garden for some fresh air. I sat down on a bench and did some breathing, massaging my temples as that stupid exhaustive buzzing in my head wouldn't go away.
Felt like the entire library was filled with electricity. as if I could just snap my fingers and-
*BOOM*
In a flash of green I'm plucked out of the garden, dissolving into electricity as I careen for the heavens, only to just as quickly fall back to the ground with another explosive bolt of lightning.
" JESUS FUCK!!!" I yelled, grasping my heart.
What the hell. What the goddamn hell?!?! I looked around and saw myself on a fogy road through the woods. did I fucking teleport? Was I going insane? I took a breath and looked around. There were some lights up ahead so I walked forward.
It was a sign illuminated by old lights.
'Welcome to Silent Hill'
"Nope nope nope nope." I muttered, turning around and speedwalking away.
I didn't know much about silent hill, but I know that the town was sort of alive, and it'd reflect your inner demons as actual demons. Was it even possible to run away? Assuming this was real and not a coma dream I'm in after getting struck by fucking lightning.
I stopped and took a breath. at this point it was obvious, if totally batshit insane, what the weird green lightning was. I was planeswalking, or dimension hopping, or universe jumping. Whatever you'd like to call it I had gained some kind of power to go to other worlds.
I would unpack that later, I had the more pressing concern of getting the hell out of there.
The buzz in my head that lead up to this lightning strike based universe jump was gone, but there was something else there. Three stars glowing in my head, one was glowing green, and I felt like that indicated this place. connected to it like a constellation was another star, just white. Probably where I came from.
And off on the distance was a third star. Glowing so dimly I nearly missed it. Home. it had to be. I reached out but couldn't grab it. But the weird boyfriend universe was within my reach.
So I grabbed the star and-
*BOOM*
-Re-apeared in the Library garden. Oh thank god. The Boyfriendverse star was now glowing green, so that must be some kind of 'you are here' marker.
Before I could collect my thoughts A librarian opened the door and looked at me, concerned. "What was that?!"she asked.
"Lightning Strike" I said without thinking.
The librarian looked up at the clear blue sky and back down at me.
"...Two of them?"
Shit I forgot That The lightning struck as I left too. I just nodded. The librarian sighed.
"Fine, You look rattled enough, and I'm no cop. Just don't make any trouble, please?" She asked, before ducking back inside.
I collapsed into a bench in a heap. That was. A lot.
I didn't think I was built to deal with mortal terror, and my head was swirling from all the implications of what I just learned. I needed to figure out how to find more stars. If I could go anywhere... well that was one hell of a power fantasy... And maybe the path home.
Why was my home so dim and far? Could I build a path of stars home? What does it mean that fictional places are Real?
Feeling lightheaded, I realized my breathing was heavy and I was having a panic attack again. There was no use worrying, I could think about it later. I just needed to calm down and figure out immediate survival needs. Food, Water, Shelter.
"Here's the list of homeless shelters in the area" The librarian said, giving me a printout.
My eyebrows raised. There were a lot of different options "Do any of these need ID? I lost my wallet."
"I'm not an expert, but some will ask for some kind of proof, others take in any they can, and there will be waiting lists. Government funded ones will probably be the ones that require identification."
That made sense, a lot of these were Catholic, while also being separated into temporary and long term stay. There were some listed requirements, like trying to find a job, not drinking or doing drugs, being a victim of sex trafficking... Holy Shit this painted a bleak picture.
I mean I knew it was bad out there, but Its one thing to hear about it and another to suddenly be living it. Hopefully I can find the gold dimension and get some cash because If I was forced to find a job I was cooked. I... don't fit the mold the job market puts people in.
The librarians let me use a phone in the back offices and I started making calls, prioritizing places close, Since I'd have to walk... maybe I'd be able to beg some money for the bus. Though there weren't many routes outside the city center, so... still a lot of walking.
Soon enough I was riding downtown in the bus. Then I noticed the Buzz in the back of my head. I sat up straight. It wasn't strong enough to pull on, but it was getting stronger, and stronger, and I watched as we drove passed the Museum Center, sorry, The Cincinnati Union Terminal. It served in a reduced capacity as a train station these days, with it holding science and history museums within its grand halls. Nostalgic place for me.
And then the buzz got fainter. and I Realized I found my next world. I got an inkling for what governs their placement, but two points of data was not a pattern, so I pushed aside those thoughts.
Besides, I was tired. I'd wait until tomorrow to see what my next world would end up being.
Posts: 827
Threads: 26
Joined: Dec 2019
Reputation:
2
09-02-2026, 05:45 PM
(This post was last modified: 09-02-2026, 05:46 PM by Lilium Mortem.)
Aster's Guide to the Mutliverse: World 0
First appearance: Chapter 1
This issss... earth. The 'real world'. The world everything else will be compared against. My home. Or maybe there's a purer world out there, one never touched by whatever power threw me into the deep end of the multiverse.
This is labeled as world zero since it's not a place I'm visiting. it's not the first world I traveled to. It's where I've traveled from, and where I hope to get back to, for all the hell it put me through, my loved ones still live there.
I'm making an assumption, dear readers, in that you are from this world, or a world very much like it, so you know its history, its culture, and at least some of the media whose worlds I explore.
There's nothing more to say really, if you want to learn more open a history book or look outside. Don't use Twitter though, you'll learn a negative amount that way.
Posts: 827
Threads: 26
Joined: Dec 2019
Reputation:
2
Aster's Guide to the Mutliverse: World 1
First appearance: Chapter 1
Source
Seems to be a parallel universe to the one I'm from.
Description
Not much has diverged from my earth. The most things different are that the me from here has a boyfriend and is living in Seattle.
Characters of note
N/A
Story Summary
N/A
Posts: 827
Threads: 26
Joined: Dec 2019
Reputation:
2
Aster's Guide to the Mutliverse: World 2
First appearance: Chapter 1
It's Silent Hill. this place is Silent Hill. I'm not fucking around in Silent Fucking Hill. You don't get a guide. Fuck you, It's Silent hill.
Posts: 21
Threads: 0
Joined: Mar 2026
Reputation:
2
Oh this is shaping up very interesting, I like the premise and the style. Good luck getting some rest, really seems like you'll need it.
Posts: 827
Threads: 26
Joined: Dec 2019
Reputation:
2
Author's note and comment replies
Show Content
Spoiler
(09-02-2026, 06:13 PM)DanZapman Wrote: Oh this is shaping up very interesting, I like the premise and the style. Good luck getting some rest, really seems like you'll need it.
Thanks so much for the kind words, Dan!
Author's note
This one is a little short. And I'm not that happy with it to be honest. But I'm not here to make the perfect fanfic, I'm here to have fun. I hope you have fun too.
[CW: Transphobia, Slurs]
Strike Out! Chapter 2
*BOOM*
The sounds of the city assaulted me immediately, alongside a loud honk and screeching breaks.
" GET OUTTA THE ROAD!" A red face man yelled at me from the car that nearly crashed into me.
I quickly scrambled onto the sidewalk on instinct and fell flat on my ass, heart pounding. After taking some deep breaths to calm down I took stock of my surroundings.
Nothing later than early 20th century construction, streetcar rails in the road, and palm trees lining the road. The cars were all old, but I never knew much about cars, so the best I could say is that they weren't the first cars, and were probably something before the 70s.
And god the smell. Cigarette smoke and car exhaust far worse than anything I had ever dealt with. Sent me into a coughing fit. I wish I had any of my N95 face masks with me, but I was broke and homeless at the moment. I crushed the worry of inter-universal germ contamination and stood up.
Wandering for a bit, I came to a newsstand. I blinked, I had never seen something like it before, newspapers and magazines all lined up for sale like some kind of outdoor comic con booth. I quickly went to check the date, but the headline caught my attention first.
'TOON KILLS MAN
MARVIN ACME KILLED AT HANDS OF JEALOUS RABBIT'
I was in Who Framed Roger Rabbit. It certainly was a step up from silent hill, but still shocking to my core. Living cartoons. I could meet Mickey Mouse, Betty Boop, Bugs Bunny.
Then my train of thought halted. This was the daily news. The plot was still ongoing. I wracked my head for everything I could remember. The judge owned that cloverleaf company and was going to build a freeway through Toontown, using some weird chemical to kill everyone in his way. He was behind everything, but I didn't remember the details.
I did remember that there was at least one more murder before the plot resolved. I could save a life, I just needed to get to... what was his name? Valiant? I had to get to him and point him in the right direction.
After asking around a bit, I got directions to his office. I knocked and tried the door, but no one was in. I felt the buzz of a connection to a new world in the back of my head, but now wasn't the time to zip off somewhere new. Sighing, I leaned on the wall to wait. God, I wish my phone worked right then.
A few minutes later the elevator dinged and out came a woman pushing a stroller. I didn't think much of it at first until a gravely man's voice came from the carriage.
"Who's this clown?" A cartoon baby said, pointing his dinky at me dismissively, before popping it back in his mouth.
I stood there slack jawed. I was being sassed by a living cartoon infant. Then the woman spoke up,
"Sherman, be nice." She chastised.
"I don't pay you to get uppity toots, I pay you for your looks" The baby shot back. Then he looked back at me, "What's with the getup, bub?"
I looked down, I was wearing a fairly standard white t-shirt under an emerald green zip up hoodie, lightly distressed jeans, and sneakers. Jesus I was out of place here.
"I... like wearing it?" I said, hesitantly.
Sherman shrugged. "Suit it yourself, pal. You got business with Eddie?"
"Yeah, I got-" I stopped myself, I couldn't just blab to anyone, and I didn't know if I could trust the baby, he certainly didn't strike me as a kind and empathetic soul. "-I got business with him."
There was a pregnant... There was a silence between us as we stared each other down. The woman, Sherman's assistant, Just rolled her eyes and pulled out a mirror to check her makeup.
"Gimme a Cuban, Nancy." Sherman said, making a grabby hand towards the woman.
As soon as she pulled out a fucking cigar, I stepped forward and put a hand up to stop her.
"No." I said.
"Hey, what's the big idea?!" Sherman yelled, pounding his fists against the Carriage.
"Sorry, I'm sensitive to bad air" I said, "Smoke will get me in a coughing fit."
"I have been telling him to quit." Nancy said, folding her arms.
"Awww what do you know you dumb broad?"
"Well I Know," I interrupted "That they're addictive, build up tar in the lungs, and cause cancer. Every breath of smoke is a little less you can breathe normally, until you're constantly out of breath or dead."
"Fuck you too, dumb bitch... Bastard? What, you some Kinda transvestite?"
"Yes, and damn proud of it." I shot back.
This chucklefuck was starting to really piss me off. But before I could do anything about it, A man in a Fedora and a trench coat walked up the stairs. That must be our gumshoe.
I saw his tired eyes flick over the scene before he pushed towards his door.
"Valiant?" Sherman and I asked at the same time. We whipped our heads at each other, staring daggers. Him literally, Eyes turning to daggers that pointed at me. Which caught me off guard and made me step back. Bastard laughed at me.
"What the hell is it? I don't got time for Toon antics" Eddie Valiant asked, waving in our general direction.
"Ladies and/or gentlemen first." Sherman said, dramatically bowing to me.
"I have info on the Roger Rabbit Case you'll want to hear," I said. "I-"
"You're here about Roger too?" Sherman asked, surprised.
"Yeah, but I don't trust you, so I'll only give it Valiant alone"
"The 'case' is over, and that murder is none of my business." Valiant said, pushing past us to unlock his office.
"Wait!" Sherman shouted, desperate. "Roger is innocent, he'd never do something like that! Acme was offed because of his will! Take a look at this."
Sherman pulled out the newspaper I had seen on the stand. And handed it to Valiant. As he started reading, Sherman continued, "They say he left no will but that's total dookie, every Toon knows Acme left a will. He'd give Toontown to us Toons."
"It's true," I said. "That's part of why I'm here. I don't know this guy, by the way, I'm here on my own."
"Any evidence of this will, besides hearsay?" Valiant said, eyeing me.
"Two different people show up at your door, to give you the same lead, and you don't think it's worth investigating?" I ask, raising an eyebrow.
"Even if it was, it's not my problem" Valiant grumbled.
"If you ask me," Sherman said, "You got Roger into this mess, so anything happens to him, it's on your head. If that ain't enough for you, I'm willing to pay"
"I. DON'T. WORK. FOR TOONS," Valiant bellowed, looming over Sherman and nearly kicking his carriage.
This wasn't working, and I didn't know enough about the moment to moment of the movie to know how much I might have screwed things up. Thinking quickly, I spoke up, "Then work for me"
The gumshoe turned his fury towards me.
"You were willing to work for Roger's boss." I reasoned, "So why not me?"
"The way you're dressed, you're practically a Toon yourself." Valiant Scoffed.
"Is everyone going to insult my outfit today?"
"I think it looks nice" Nancy said.
" STAY OUT OF THIS!" Valiant and Sherman shouted back at the same time.
"Oh my god." I mumbled, holding my head in my hands.
"You used to be our hero, Eddie," Sherman said, glare softening, "You and your brother both. Any Toon could count on you, even when the coppers wouldn't give us the time of the day."
"yeah, well I'm not a hero, and I don't want to be." Valiant said, slipping into his office and slamming the door.
"Guess that's that then. Nancy, to my next appointment." Sherman said, before slapping Nancy's ass. God, what a bastard.
I leaned myself on the wall and let myself slide down into a sitting position. What a clusterfuck. Where had I even gone wrong? Was Valliant's judgment really that clouded by the death of his brother? I know at some point in the movie roger handcuffed them together, is that what it took to get the guy working on his case?
I considered staying out of it. Things would still work out in the end, right? but I couldn't be sure, and at least one other person was going to die. So I got up, dusted myself off, and knocked on Valliant's door.
Posts: 827
Threads: 26
Joined: Dec 2019
Reputation:
2
Aster's Guide to the Mutliverse: World 3
First appearance: Chapter 2
Source
Who Framed Roger Rabbit, a 1988 film hybrid live action and animation based on the book Who Censored Roger Rabbit, by Gary K. Wolf.
Description
Who Framed Roger Rabbit is a classic. I remember I didn't actually watch it until well into my adult years, but when I finally sat down with an, er, Legally Acquired Copy, it blew me away by just how well it held up on a story level, and how amazing the animation work was.
The film is a Noir Detective style.... thing. Look I'm not a Wikipedia editor give me some slack. It follows the Detective Eddie Valient, A Drunk and down on his luck detective that gets wrapped up in a murder case dealing with a Toon Rabbit, our titular character. The film had cameos from lots of Disney and Warner Bros cartoon characters, and its legacy of a world where 'Toons' are just some oddball form of life that gets filmed to make cartoons lives on in furry kink circles to this day.
Characters of note
Eddie Valient
Our main character. The drunk detective down on his luck looking to make a quick buck. Hold on lemme find the wiki page for this, everyone thank Fandom.com(i'm kidding fuck them)
Alright paraphrasing time. Back in the day, Eddie made a name for himself with his brother Teddy, As PI's that worked ToonTown. When a Toon killed Teddy, Eddie fell apart, got lost in the drink, and swore to never work with or for Toons again, hating them all for the death of his brother.
Roger Rabbit
Our other main character. And title character!
Roger Rabbit is a decent actor, making cartoons alongside Baby Sherman. He's a goofy, happy-go-lucky guy that loves his wife and would do anything for her. He might not always be the brightest, but he's got a heart of gold and two lucky rabbits feet.
Jessica Rabbit
The loving wife of Roger Rabbit. Jessica works as a lounge singer for an establishment that does primarily Toon acts. She's sexy, confident, and mysterious. She loves her husband more than anything in the world. It may seem like an odd pairing, but Jessica loves roger because he makes her laugh. Sometimes love is as simple as making each other happy.
Judge Dread
Our villain of this piece. One might say he's cartoonishly evil. The joke is that he's secretly a Toon. Ok, ok, context: some years ago Eddie and his bro were working a case chasing down a toon that stole a gazillion simoleons(this isn't paraphrasing) from the bank of toon town. Chasing the perp down he dropped a safe on Teddie and Eddie lost him. Fast-forward and judge dread bought his position as judge in the Toontown jurisdiction, and his way into being the sole stakeholder for Cloverleaf Industries, a company that has been buying up and shutting down LA's trollies. why? So they can build a freeway through Toontown. Thaaaat's the evil plan. Guy doesn't have much more going for him aside from being a Toon pretending to be human. Just pure evil. Yep.
Marvin Acme
you know ACME? Maker of famous random nonsense seen in cartoons? Yeah, this guy owns it. He's a clown and a lover of all things Toon. He also owns Toontown. So when he gets murdered and his will is nowhere to be found, a will that is said to give the town to Toons(idk why he couldn't do that while alive, c'mon man you ain't hurting for money, don't landlord it over people), It raises questions.
Baby Herman
Roger's costar. 30 years old. Stuck as baby because of cartoon logic. Womanizer. Extremely creepy. But still Roger's friend, and is doing his best to look out for Toon's interests.
Story Summary
You know what? Fuck paraphrasing on this part. In the other parts there was stuff I felt like I should say in my own words, or highlight things I thought had specific importance with regard to my travels. But here? I'm just summarizing the plot. So I'm just gonna steal it from Wikipedia. Here's the Wikipedia article for Roger rabbit I'm stealing from btw: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Who_Framed_Roger_Rabbit
In 1947 Los Angeles, animated cartoon characters, or "toons", co-exist with humans, often working as film stars. Private detective Eddie Valiant, once a staunch ally of the toons, has become a depressed alcoholic following his brother Teddy's murder by an unknown toon five years prior. Maroon Cartoon Studios owner R.K. Maroon, upset about the recent poor performance of his toon star Roger Rabbit, hires Eddie to investigate rumors that Roger's glamorous toon wife, Jessica, is having an affair with Marvin Acme, owner of both the Acme Corporation and Toontown, the animated metropolis in which toons reside.
After watching Jessica perform at The Ink and Paint Club, Eddie secretly photographs her and Acme playing patty-cake. He shows the pictures to Roger, who becomes distraught and flees, refusing to believe Jessica was unfaithful. The next morning, Acme is found murdered and evidence at the scene implicates Roger. Eddie meets Judge Doom, the sinister human judge of Toontown—having bribed the electorate for their votes—and his five weasel minions, the Toon Patrol. Doom reveals that he will execute Roger using the "Dip", a chemical concoction of acetone, benzene, and turpentine, which can destroy the otherwise invulnerable toons.
Roger's toon co-star, Baby Herman, suggests to Eddie that Acme's missing will, which supposedly bequeaths Toontown to the toons, may have been the killer's true motive. Eddie returns to his office and finds Roger waiting. Roger insists he has been framed and Eddie reluctantly agrees to help after finding evidence of Acme's will; he hides Roger in a bar tended by his girlfriend, Dolores. Later, Jessica tells Eddie that Maroon threatened Roger's career unless she posed for the compromising photos. Meanwhile, Dolores uncovers that Cloverleaf Industries recently bought the city's Pacific Electric railway system and will purchase Toontown at midnight unless Acme's will is found. Doom and the Toon Patrol find Roger, but he and Eddie escape with help from Benny, a toon taxi cab. Sheltering in a local movie theater, Eddie sees a newsreel of Maroon selling his studio to Cloverleaf.
While Eddie goes to the studio to interrogate Maroon, Jessica abducts Roger. Maroon denies involvement in Acme's murder, admitting he intended to blackmail Acme into selling his company as otherwise Cloverleaf would not buy the studio. In the middle of his confession, Maroon is assassinated and Eddie spots Jessica fleeing the scene. Assuming she is the assailant, he reluctantly follows her into Toontown, choosing to discard the last of his alcohol. After saving Eddie from being shot by Doom, Jessica reveals her actions were to ensure Roger's safety and it was Doom who killed Acme and Maroon. Acme gave his will to Jessica for safety but, when she examined it, the paper was blank.
Doom and the Toon Patrol capture Jessica and Eddie, bringing them to Acme's factory. Doom reveals he is the sole shareholder of Cloverleaf. He plans to erase Toontown with a Dip-spraying machine so he can build a freeway in its place, and decommission the railway system to force people to use it. When Roger fails to save Jessica, the couple is tied onto a hook in front of the machine's sprayer. Eddie performs a series of pratfalls that cause the weasels to laugh themselves to death, kicks their leader into the dip, and then fights Doom. After being flattened by a steamroller, Doom reveals himself as a disguised toon and Teddy's murderer. Struggling against Doom's toon abilities, Eddie empties the machine's Dip supply, spraying and dissolving Doom. The machine crashes through the wall into Toontown, where it is destroyed by a passenger train.
As police and toons gather at the scene, Eddie realizes that Acme's will was written on the blank paper in temporarily invisible ink, confirming the toons inherit Toontown. Having regained his sense of humor, Eddie happily enters Toontown alongside Dolores, Roger, Jessica, and the toons.
Posts: 21
Threads: 0
Joined: Mar 2026
Reputation:
2
Toontown's a good place to mess around in and I think it's a good section of the plot to start meddling with. Curious how it'll unfold.
Posts: 827
Threads: 26
Joined: Dec 2019
Reputation:
2
Author's note and comment replies
Show Content
Spoiler
(09-09-2026, 08:13 PM)DanZapman Wrote: Toontown's a good place to mess around in and I think it's a good section of the plot to start meddling with. Curious how it'll unfold. Sorry Dan, not much time spent in Toontown proper. And we won't be back proper until chapter 15, and even then it's more of a sidequest.
I may have said this before but these three chapters were written before I commited to actually write any more. It was an experiment to see if It was any fun. And it was! Chapter 4 onward were written some time after the first three, and I feel a lot better about them. Don't expect any new worlds anytime soon, next chapter we'll get introduced to somewhere Aster actually gets to know the characters and the plot can't be solved with a single car chase.
[CW: discussion of queerphobia]
Strike Out! Chapter 3
"I wonder who it was." Aster mumbled into their milkshake.
"Try not to worry about it too much, Hun." Daniel said, pulling out of the in-n-out and into traffic.
"It's just weird!" Aster said, throwing their hands up, clutching their milkshake between their thighs to keep it secure as they gesticulated. "Dude seems to have intimate knowledge of Susie, pretends to be me, but doesn't know I've been dating you for the past two years? What were they trying to pull?"
"Who knows? Maybe they got chat logs from a public server Susie was in, maybe it was a troll trying to stir up drama. You don't need to understand every bad actor on the internet, Aster, you'll go insane." Daniel said, sparing a glance towards the passenger seat before returning his eyes to the road.
"I know, I know." Aster said, sighing and taking another sip from their milkshake. "Its just... weird. I can't really describe it, just a feeling."
The two sat in silence until they pulled into their apartment building's parking lot. Portland was a nice place to live, Aster thought. It was still wild to them that they were living outside their parents house. This sort of thing had seemed impossible until it actually happened.
Daniel didn't care that their mental disability left them unable to work, he just loved them. His simple smile could light up a room and it was infectious. Aster would do anything for him, but just being by his side seemed to make him stand up straighter, smile wider, and be kinder.
And to think, they met because of that silly cartoon they both happened to see as kids.
"I DON'T KNOW HOW TO WORK A MANUAL TRANSMISSION!" I yelled as the car sputtered under my control and gunfire from cartoon fucking weasels whizzed by.
"THERE'S NO OTHER KINDA TRANSMISSION!" Valiant yelled back.
"I can drive!" Roger stated enthusiastically, gloved fingers moving slowly towards the steering wheel.
" NO!" Me and Valiant both yelled back at the rabbit.
This was crazy and stupid, but There wasn't time to switch drivers. Valiant managed to coach me through how to use the clutch and I staggered us into higher gear, dodging around traffic as he shot back towards the weasels.
Roger was contorting in the back seat in various odd shapes to avoid the cartoon bullets whizzing by, which honestly made for a decent distraction. It was also distracting to me, so I tried my best not to look in the rearview mirror more than necessary.
I swerved past a streetcar and used its cover to drift into an alleyway. Holy shit. I couldn't believe I had pulled off something like that!
"Take a right at the end of this, town hall should be just another two blocks away!" Valiant said.
After explaining what I knew, the gumshoe had pieced together things about the case I had forgotten from watching the movie. We had Marvin Acme's will, but the weasels overheard us. I was able to give us enough breathing room with some prop comedy(There was this whole thing in the movie about them laughing themselves to death), that we were able to jump on a streetcar. Then we jumped off into a convertible when the weasels caught up and knocked the streetcar driver out, and I had taken the wheel. Valiant said that if we got the will to town hall, even Judge Doom wouldn't be able to do anything about it.
I don't know if the law actually works like that, but there was a cartoon rabbit backseat driving my ass right now so anything's possible.
The screeching of wheels heralded the weasels turning into the alley behind us. I sped up. Then a police officer on a motorcycle pulled into the alley in front of us. Shit. Fuck.
"AAHHH!!!" Roger yelped, his eyes bugging out so far that they nearly slammed into the windshield. Scared the shit out of me.
I only had one idea, I sped up more.
" ARE YOU CRAZY!?" The rabbit asked me.
I didn't have time to answer him. Worst-case scenario? We were a couple of tons of steel barreling at 50mph and climbing against a single motorcycle. But I'd bet money on the average cop being too much of a coward to win at the classic game of chicken.
I was half-right.
Right before we crashed into the motorcycle, the Cop jumped to the side. The motorcycle, still carrying its momentum, used the hood and windshield of our car as a ramp and sailed clean over our heads and into the weasels. That series of events didn't seem physically plausible, but I shoved that thought to the side with half a dozen other impossible things I'd break down over later.
It didn't stop them. However, they had to push the mangled motorcycle out of the way as they drove down the alley. So it slowed them enough that I was able to turn out the alley before they even shot at us that time.
Town hall was in sight, if the sign out front could be believed. But... if we slowed to a stop, the weasels could just pump us full of lead before we made it up the steps.
Oh god, I had a horrible Idea.
"I'm gonna make a U turn at town hall so I can keep our friends company." I said, trying to keep my voice level, "You two take that opportunity to jump out, If I slow the car down it'll just make us easy targets. I'll buy you some time."
Before either of them could object, a Police car in front of us swerved to block half the road and the judge stepped out to block the other half. Shit. Fuck. Damn. Fuck.
I couldn't just run over some guy even if he was evil. I wasn't a killer. Then it hit me. I smiled, new plan. I pushed down on the accelerator.
"You can't be thinking of running him over too! You'd kill him!" Valiant objected.
"No I won't," I said with a deathly calm that surprised me, "He's a Toon."
And that's how I ended up in a cell. After flattening the judge and revealing he was a Toon I had no problem turning myself in. No cell could hold me anymore. I was exhausted anyway, and as I watched Valiant and roger enter town hall in a hurry, I had no problems putting my hands up. After I barfed.
It apparently took some convincing from Valiant(Apparently he had friends on the force?) to get them to drop the murder charges. Which was helped by the testimony of my passengers that I had called him a Toon before I rammed the bastard.
I still had to wait a bit to be released, but Valiant walked in with a cop to let me out.
"There's something I've been meaning to ask," Valiant said as we made our way out, "How do you know so much? You gave me your name, but no one's heard of you, I just don't see how you fit into the picture."
"If I answer you honestly, you're going to think I'm crazy." I said with a shrug. "But your choice"
Valiant rubbed his chin before nodding at me.
"I'm from an alternate far future of 2026. They made a movie about this, Who Framed Roger Rabbit. Was one of my favorites. My ability to travel between different alternate timelines is mostly blind, so when I ended up here and realized what was going on and decided I wanted to help before anyone else got murdered."
Valiant stared blankly at me. "You're right, I do think you're crazy. Or a liar."
I just shrugged. "Told you."
Framing my world hopping as time travel did tickle something in the back of my head, though. I was sure I could make money with this. I needed a place to sleep that wasn't a homeless shelter.
I couldn't bring gold into the future, they tracked that shit. But I could probably bring things into the past. They don't track things here nearly as well. There were plenty of ideas I could steal, but that was more of a long con. I couldn't exactly start belting out Beatles songs and expect a windfall.
And any advanced tech, no matter how small would raise too many eyebrows, and also probably cause a ton of unforeseen consequences. I needed something that they already have or could conceivably have.
As much as I tried to brainstorm I just couldn't think of anything.
"ASTER!" I heard a shrill voice yell before being tackle hugged by a cartoon rabbit going about a zillion miles per hour.
"Hey Roger," I said, sitting up from where I was sprawled on the sidewalk and giving him a big hug back.
"Thank you so so so soooo much!" He said.
"Thank you as well, Aster." The silky voice of one Jessica Rabbit said, walking up slowly behind roger. "For looking out for my husband and letting him know that Maroon forced me to pose for those pictures."
"What am I, chopped liver?" Valiant asked.
"You already got your thanks, Eddie." Jessica said, "This is our first time seeing Aster after everything that's happened."
"Guys it was literally one afternoon. I gave Valiant the info he needed and then got roped into a crazy car chase, I've been in LA for all of two days. I think your gratitude may be overblown."
" Naaaaaaaaah," Roger said dismissively, "Toons just make easy-peasy friends!"
An Idea that I was sure to regret blossomed in my mind. But! Desperation makes fools of us all.
"Well if that's the case would you mind if I stayed at your place for a while? I actually don't have any money... at all. Long story short my wallet's gone forever."
"Sure thing pal!" Roger said, shaking my hand so much I vibrated. God, Toon stuff's weird.
To say Toontown was magical would be an understatement. To say it was nerve-racking would be a disservice to heart attacks everywhere. The Rabbits lived in a rather nice townhouse(that thankfully wasn't alive like many of the buildings.)
Roger made a comic mess of doing chores while his wife unwound on the couch with a glass of wine. She watched him, smirking and giggling at his antics. I was reminded of a line from the movie. Valiant asks her what she sees in roger, and she simply replied: "He makes me laugh".
"You really love him, don't you?" I said, settling into the... well the cartoonishly comfy couch across from Jessica.
"With all my heart."
"I can see why." I said, "I've. Well I've never had much energy or ability to explore relationships, but the ones that always stand out to me are the ones where partners make each other happy just by being near one another."
"That's rather astute of you, Aster. And something that humans seem to have a hard time grasping sometimes."
I nodded. A lot of relationships were based, at least at first, on physical attraction. I was asexual, so I didn't really understand what that felt like, but I could see how the focus on appearances had warped the popular conception of romance.
We spent some time talking, getting to know each other. Roger popped in with a question now and then, between cleaning, cleaning the mess he made while cleaning, cleaning the mess he made while cooking, and cooking dinner. I was relieved that when I expressed the concept of being nonbinary that they understood.
Turns out that Toons could relate a lot to the outcasts of human society, especially the ones that don't play by the rules of 'polite society'. There still was quite a bit of qeerphobia, but it was mostly bleed over from the fact that no Toon(or human for that matter) could get a job if they were or hung around queer folk. Toons themselves were so diverse and colorful that things like sexuality and gender only mattered to them for gags, or whatever roles they would play.
I figured the 1940s would end up hurting me, but at least Toontown was safe.
Dinner was surprisingly good. I wouldn't have guessed that Roger was a house-husband, and I guess he wasn't, since both he and Jessica held full-time jobs. For all he plays the goof, and he is genuinely clumsy, the sheer effort Roger put in made up for it. He waged war to cook us a cartoon Turkey and didn't even look winded after the show he put on.
I retired to the guestroom and quickly realized how loud Toontown was. At all hours. Everywhere. Eventually, though, I was able to drift off to sleep.
Posts: 21
Threads: 0
Joined: Mar 2026
Reputation:
2
(09-17-2026, 01:32 AM)Lilium Mortem Wrote: I retired to the guestroom and quickly realized how loud Toontown was. At all hours. Everywhere. Eventually, though, I was able to drift off to sleep.
Couldn't be me personally, I'd just sleep right away. Glad you got some rest though. Looks like it'll be needed.
Posts: 827
Threads: 26
Joined: Dec 2019
Reputation:
2
Authors Note:
Show Content
Spoileroh this was hell to get out. between all the edits I had to do to the following Aster's Guide to the Multiverse, writing that AGttM, the vacation I took last week, and how busy I've been this week it's a miracle It got out at all. enjoy.
Strike Out! Chapter 4
[CW: someone being a bit weird about someone being trans, accidental deadnaming, body horror]
Ugh... Waking up was an ordeal. The bed was nice, too nice. Plus I had a headache. I couldn't find it in myself to move for the longest time, but eventually my need to use the bathroom overcame my laziness. Waking up in a cartoon house felt like I was still dreaming, so it was extra disorienting.
Checking the clock revealed it was... 2PM. Fuck. I found a note in the kitchen, the Rabbits(surname, not species) were both at work today. I rummaged around their cupboards and bathroom for some ibuprofen, but found none, just a few nonsense medicines like literal snake oil, and a bottle that just had a skull and crossbones on it. Of course living cartoons wouldn't have painkillers, they can spring back from any injury.
I made myself something to eat and considered my options. I still needed somewhere more permanent to stay, and a source of money without having documentation. So far, no world I've been to could offer that. So far I've been to three worlds and one of them was Silent Hill. I supposed I could find a job, there were probably plenty of jobs that didn't mind paying in cash, especially in the 1940s, but I didn't plan to stick around, so there was no point.
I also racked my brain for ways to leverage the fact that I had a modern day universe and a 1940s universe to make money, but any scheme I could think of was at best medium term. So I settled on checking out new places.
Stepping outside the Rabbit's house there were stars buzzing in the back of my head from all over Toontown. I just plucked the one centered on Roger's house and disappeared in a bolt of lighting, not caring if anyone saw. It was Toontown, who gave a shit?
*BOOM*
The first thing I noticed was that things looked strange, in this world. Colors seemed more vibrant, light danced in weird ways, almost like the world was painted. But I couldn't be sure because of the actual place I found myself in.
At first, I thought it was a forest in autumn, but the trees were coniferous, like pine trees, just with red needles. Then I noticed the alien ambiance, animal cries that were like nothing else I'd heard. And some stuff that sounded disturbingly like screaming.
I could have called the world a bust like Silent Hill, but despite how unnerving it seemed, there was also something... magical about it. This was truly another world, something alien, something exciting. So I pressed on, walking downhill in hopes to find civilization.
My walk led me by humongous bugs, plants with... teeth?, and even something I swear was a fairy in the distance. Eventually the trees parted and I saw something magnificent.
It was a fantasy village, no, a town. Quaint houses shared the space with towering cathedrals and an imposing fort. The town was nestled on the coast in the depression between sets of truly gargantuan bones that curved up into the air like skyscrapers. There was even what I think was an aqueduct running over the town built from giant bones with massive banners hanging from it...
Oh. I know that sigil. A winged sword on a golden triangle. I was in The Boiling Isles. In The Owl House.
I had to take sit down at that. Magic. Real magic, not weird cartoon bullshit. Well ok it was weird cartoon bullshit but not weird Toon bullshit. The point is: I was in a lovingly rendered fantasy world filled with mystery and magic and...
And if those banners were still up, it also meant the plot to kill everyone on the isles by a megalomaniacal immortal witch hunter and the godchild he tricked into helping him hadn't happened yet. Okay. So, some good, some bad. But I still had time. I could fix things again.
I pulled my hood up to cover my ears. Didn't want to stick out amongst the witches(species, not profession(elves, really)) and demons.
The town was enchanting when it wasn't horrifying. Pulsing flesh mounds that patched cobblestone, a store that sold every kind of crystal ball or mirror you could think of, a giant rolling egg that hatched at buss stops to let passengers on and off, Bat winged sneakers worn by teens doing magically animated graffiti on a wizard's tower, a bus sized centipede with a baby's face, A massive cathedral of a library where books flew between shelves, █████ the █████████ destroyer of █████ ████ ███████ and ████ █████ it's visage unknowable, and everything had a face or teeth or horns or eyes for some reason. And I don't mean decorative stuff, this was biological. The eyes followed people and blinked.
I stopped when I found a store that had active crystal balls in its front display window, broadcasting the news like a TV. That should tell me about where I was in canon. I just had to sit through a sports segment about lower than expected fatalities this Volleybomb season. I decided to ignore the implications of that.
The newscaster started talking about The Day of Unity preparations. Oh. Oh, that was bad, the day of unity was the season two finale and lead up to the three special episodes that comprised the entire rest of the series because of its cancellation. More directly, it was the day when the evil emperor Belos aka witch-hunter what's his face(I haven't seen the show in a while ok?) would use a massive spell to kill everyone unless he was stopped. And something worse ended up happening when he was stopped in canon. The Day of Unity would nearly doom them all.
"And just Sixteen days until the day that saves us all! Back to you, Breant-" the tinny sound of crystal ball informed me before I started walking away.
I think that's all I'd get from the news. I needed better intel, I needed a wiki trawl. Ugh that means going back to Boyfriendverse. I did pick up a connection to an unknown world at the library, so I could just forge ahead. I had sixteen days to do something about this one, right?
But what if what happened when I showed up in Roger Rabbit happened again? I was two for two on entering worlds mid-plot. That didn't feel like a coincidence. I bet dollars to donuts that something was going down in Silent hill too, I just didn't stick around.
With that decided I blasted back to the Boyfriendverse(I really needed a better name for that place), and took the bus back to the Library. I was about to do the whole song and dance I did last time to get internet access without a library card when-
"█████? Is that you?" my blood froze when I heard my deadname and realized the librarian I was walking up to was none other than...
"Devon?" I asked, surprised. I hadn't seen him since grade school. I shook my head to clear my thoughts. I wasn't this world's Aster, I had to keep that in mind. "I'm sorry, I didn't expect you here."
"Me either, Man, I can't believe I haven't seen you since Mother of Mercy." Devon said, shaking his head. "How are you doing?"
"Ok, I got by Aster now, by the way. My pronouns they/them." I said, hoping he wouldn't make a big deal out of it.
"Oh wooooooow-" oh god he was making a big deal out of it, "-That makes so much sense in retrospect, with how you never really fit in and all the teachers gave you special attention."
"Devon, that's because I was autistic, not because I was trans" I said, having pinched the bridge of my nose and knocked my glasses down a bit. I sighed and pushed them back up.
"Right right, I just meant like, I dunno... It chafed? For you there. You were always reading or drawing or something, and you didn't have many friends."
"It would have helped if the friends I actually had wouldn't lie to avoid hanging out." I said without thinking. Shit.
"Woah, calm down." Devon said, putting his hands up, "My parents never wanted you over, ok? Not exactly thrilled they screened who I could be friends with either."
"Sorry, I'm not here to dig at old wounds, or however you say that. Can you just get me an access code so I can use the internet? I lost my wallet and my phone's fried, so I don't have my library card or my password manager, so I can't really identify myself for you."
"I can print you a new card, since I know who you are. Not 'supposed' to do it, but whatever, you're you. Is your account under the name Aster Moore or did you change the last name too?"
On the one hand, I'd be basically stealing someone else's identity. On another, if I ever manage to get in contact with my other me, I'll get them a real master sword or something as a gift. I accepted the new card and not only do a wiki dive, but also check out a box set of The Owl House on Blu-ray. I put it in a free library tote bag and went outside and out of sight to Lightning Strike the hell out of there.
"What the fuck?" Aster said, squinting at their phone.
Daniel paused his Zelda game on the big screen to look over at his partner. He sat there for a second before raising an eyebrow and gesturing for them to go on.
"It's an email from the library back in Cincy. They said they printed me a new library card? Am I getting my identity stolen?"
"Something like that has happened to me before, hun. Just call and set things straight, if it gets any more complicated I can help, I know you've got a low tolerance for Bureaucracy."
"-and math!" Aster joked.
Then their phone buzzed in their hand, a new email popping up.
"Shit, my evil twin is checking out a box set of The Owl House."
"Oh, we should watch that together at some point, Hun. I never actually finished it after the news of its cancellation came out. Got too mad about it."
"Sure, but I better call the library right now to get this sorted." Aster sighed, sliding down in their chair.
"And I'll add the show to our home media server while you're at it." Daniel said, pulling his laptop off the coffee table.
"If I didn't know I'm gonna need a relaxing cartoon after this phone call I'd call your priorities wack, Bunny. Instead, I'll just say awww and prepare myself for phone hell."
Posts: 827
Threads: 26
Joined: Dec 2019
Reputation:
2
Aster's Guide to the Mutliverse: World 4(part 1/2)
First appearance: Chapter 4
Source
Disney's The Owl House, animated TV show(2020-2023)
Description
This world means a lot to me. It feels magical in the same way that a certain YA magical school book series felt magical as a kid, but with the opposite of a certain popular magic school kids book author's transphobia(There's multiple canon nonbinary characters!!!).
The basic premise is a sort of western Isekai. Luz Noceda Is a teen that doesn't fit in. She's a weirdo, she's got a special interest in these sapphic witch YA novels, and constantly thinks out of the box for her school assignments which earns her scorn from her teachers. At the end of the school year, her mother and the principle talk to Luz, saying her antics are out of control and she needs to get her act together, so she'll spend her summer at 'Reality check summer camp', tagline: think inside the box.
When Luz is about to leave though, a mysterious owl steals her trash and leads her to an old house in the woods where there's a portal to The Demon Realm, and more specifically: the boiling Isles, the carcass of a dead titan collapsed in a boiling sea.
Witches and magic are real, demons of every shape and size walk the street, and wonderful and terrible sights abound in equal measure. It's not a traditional magical world. It's grosser for one. Lots of flesh and bile and goop. But the magic is real and so are the people, and Luz decides to go behind her mothers back and learn to be a witch, even though she doesn't have the organ that makes magic like witches(the species) do.
Ok so I may have spent a bit longer than I should have on the premise, but It's just so cool! It's a stunningly realized fantasy world, where the jokes come in subverting fantasy tropes with gross stuff, or horrifying monstrosities. Where there's an evil emperor that's put a stranglehold on the kinds of magic people are allowed to perform. Where massive bones dot the landscape, and red vegetation makes up the majority of the plantlife.
It's a story about the outcasts, the weirdos, and how even if you do conform to the system, it will still break you eventually, because its roots have always been evil. It's about loving something with all your heart, about having passion for a subject, about screwing the rules and living on your own terms. it's a lot of things.
Sadly it was canceled after two seasons, though they were able to get a compressed season three in the form of three hour-ish long specials. I personally think they tied up the story pretty nicely, but It's clear to see the things that they wanted to expand on that were glossed over for time, and that's. Really sad. Maybe I can explore those things myself. If nothing else I can explore this world as much as I want, finding all the nooks and crannies of lore that I have questions about, and just seeing the sights. If I have time. I still need to find my way home.
Characters of note
Luz Noceda
Luz, our plucky 14-year-old Dominican-American bisexual protagonist. She is the hugest geek. Loves these Azura the Good Witch YA books, AMVs, fanfiction, and magic of course.
She's a bundle of energy and always down to clown. Never having fit in on Earth, Luz oozes weirdness in the best way. She's unapologetically herself at all times. But this honest earnestness can sometimes become stubborn bullheadedness and a pension for leaping before looking.
Despite lacking the organ that makes it possible for Witches to perform magic, Luz has found another way, 'Glyphs', symbols hidden in the nature of the dying titan the show takes place on. By drawing these glyphs on slips of paper, the ground, or anywhere, really, Luz can activate them for one off effects before the glyph destroys itself. The main four glyphs are Light, Ice, Plant, and Fire, and all further glyphs use these incorporated into a larger pattern that speaks the 'language' of the titan's magic to perform different spells.
Hooty
![[Image: asu5c8.png]](https://files.catbox.moe/asu5c8.png)
Sorry for the two pics in this one, it's just. Really hard to describe Hooty in text. In picture 1 we see that he's an owl head embedded into a door. In the second, we can see that he's capable of extending himself out an absurd length as some kind of weird. Bird tube.
He's the comic relief character, always the loud, annoying idiot. Honestly, I never liked his character. He never learns. For all that he can be kind, he can be obvious. For all his caring, he's impulsive. He's a creature of extremes, always dialed up to 11.
No one really knows what he is. there's times he's been referred to as a 'house demon', and that he is the Owl House. Something like him seems to be growing out of an empty eye socket in The Titan's avatar form, and has been confirmed to be something akin to a maggot in a corpse by the show staff.
King Clawthorne
![[Image: 8xl66k.png]](https://files.catbox.moe/8xl66k.png)
King was found as a small(er) child on a strange Island by Eda. She didn't realize he was anything but an animal, and through his playing made him look like a little 'king of demons'. By the time she realized he was a person she had enabled his belief that he really was a king of demons. still, she raised him as her own.
King's mother is unknown, if it even works that way for his kind, but his father is The Titan, the decaying corpse that makes up The Boiling Isles.
Eda Clawothorne
![[Image: vjojtk.png]](https://files.catbox.moe/vjojtk.png)
Eda, Aka The Owl Lady, was the most powerful witch on the boiling isles, with a bounty of one trillion Snails. Be practicing 'wild magic', AKA not restricting her magic to one specific, arbitrary kind, as well as many, many regular crimes, she has earned the ire of The Emperor of the Boiling isles.
Cursed during her teens unknowingly by her sister Lilith, Eda has to take regular 'Elixirs' to keep a monstrous demon possessing her, 'The Owlbeast' at bay. However, The Owlbeast isn't there by choice, the curse binding it just as much as her.
Lilith Clawlthorne
![[Image: 5wdx4u.png]](https://files.catbox.moe/5wdx4u.png)
Lilith was the head of The Emperor's Coven, the enforcers of the tyrannical rule of the throne. By cursing her sister on the day of a duel to see which of them would get into said coven, she thought she earned her spot, only for Eda to forfeit. worse, the curse, which was only supposed to last a day, turned into a condition that has continued to impact Eda to this day.
Lilith spent much of her time fruitlessly trying to catch Eda, as the Emperor promised to cure her, except when she was captured Eda was sentenced to petrifaction(Death).
Once outside of the Emperor's coven Lilith Cast a spell to share half the curse with her sister, making it more manageable by sharing the burden. She spent some time not knowing what to do with her life's work a sham, she eventually followed her passions and became a historian.
Willow Park
![[Image: z85g6s.png]](https://files.catbox.moe/z85g6s.png)
Willow is a mellow tempered young witch with an affity for plants. Originally trying and failing at a different school of magic when luz offered to pretend to be her 'abomination' homework, that set off a chain of events that led to her switching tracks.
Willow has been learning to speak up for herself and be there for her friends, as well as branch out and try new things, coming out of her shell
Agustus 'Gus' Porter
![[Image: b0av50.png]](https://files.catbox.moe/b0av50.png)
A prodigy of illusion magic and an exitable nerd of all things human, Gus has been friends with willow for a while, having found it hard to make friends after skipping a grade.
Amity Blight
![[Image: so8e06.png]](https://files.catbox.moe/so8e06.png)
Amity blight started cold and overachieving, even stooping to bullying her former friend, willow, about how bad she was at 'abomination' magic which was the school track they shared.
When Luz burst into her life, the chaos that followed started breaking down the walls Amity had put up, letting her reconnect with willow, be kinder, and find shake off the influence of her demanding family.
She's also gay as hell and Luz's girlfriend.
Hunter
![[Image: 1w227t.png]](https://files.catbox.moe/1w227t.png)
The "Golden Guard", a special rank close to being the right hand of the emperor, Hunter is a Grimwalker, one in a long list of clone like copies of the human Caleb Witterbane.
Raised as a toddler as the 'nephew' of Emperor Belos, Hunter never had a reason to question the status quo, only interested in making his 'uncle' proud and to serve the 'ideals' of the empire.
Without the ability to use magic, he feels inferior, even with the artificial magic staff Belos gifted him. when the staff breaks, an orphaned Palisman(Living wooden familiers that can turn into staves) named Flapjack chose Hunter to bond with, and with his repeated clashes with Luz and friends, has started questioning his role as a cog in Belos' machine.
Emperor Belos/Philip Wittebane
![[Image: z48m0f.png]](https://files.catbox.moe/z48m0f.png)
Phillip Witterbane Is genocidal maniac obsessed with making himself the hero of the story by slaying the 'evil' witches. He is an irredeemable monster that cannot connect with anyone, only seeing pawns in the people around him.
In the 1600's, in the small colony town of Gravesfield. Phillip and his brother Caleb, were orphans. To support themselves, they took up the profession of witch hunters.
A witch, Evelyn, wandered into their world and Caleb fell in love with her. When Phillip found out, having tracked them to the demon realm, he murdered his brother with a knife before starting to look for a way home.
His plans only grew in boldness, and he didn't want to return to the human realm without killing every single witch. by taking advantage of Glyph magic, and the knowledge of the childish godling The Collector, he set on a centuries long plan to take over the boiling isles and turn the residents into a massive ritual spell that would kill them all on the day of a solar eclipse.
The Titan
![[Image: 8jdgiq.png]](https://files.catbox.moe/8jdgiq.png)
The Titan of The Boiling Isles, known by no other name pronounceable to non-titans, was the last of his kind. Having believed himself tricked by The Collector into revealing the titan's weakness only for their siblings The Archivists to start slaughtering them. He trapped The collector and his soul in a realm between worlds and hid the egg of his unborn son, King.
His dying and decaying body eventfully gave rise to life, including Witches and Demons, who revered him as god, based on what they could discern of their origins and the enormous corpse they called home.
Eventually his son's egg hatched, and Eda Clawthorn found the island nursery to adopt king. using the unique magic of the In Between Realm, The titan watched his son grow up, unable to be there for him.
He is known to be good humored and jolly, with an ancient wisdom underlying the heavy dad vibes.
The Collector
![[Image: wubdbw.png]](https://files.catbox.moe/wubdbw.png)
A millennia old child godling. Naïve and fickle. The Collector has deep trust issues and a hard time seeing other people as people, and is generally more interested in playing. Though he is capable of making friends, he tends to dehumanize others into playthings, unconcerned with the harm he can do because he believes he can use his god like powers to fix anything.
Ages ago the world in the demon realm that now holds The Boiling Isles was filled with living Titans. a group of godlike beings from beyond the stars, The Archivists, arrived and found that the power of the Titans could harm them. Devising a plan, they sent one of their young, The Collector, to make friends with the young of The Titans, in hopes of finding their weakness.
While this plan worked, The Collector was clueless, and truly loved playing with The Titans. The last of the titans, who would become The Boiling isles, having felt betrayed and fearing for the safety of his unborn son, Sealed his soul and the collector in between realms.
about two centuries ago Philip Witterbane found a mirror tablet that acted as a window into The Collector's prison. He then made a deal to release The Collector in exchange for the plans for a spell to kill all the witches on the boiling isles. Of course, Philip has no intention of keeping this promise, but to a desperate Collector, Philip, AKA Belos, is their new best friend. And soon, when the spell is complete they're sure they can finally be let free and play again.
Camila Noceda
![[Image: dtjhts.png]](https://files.catbox.moe/dtjhts.png)
A stubborn and fiercely loyal mother, Camilla exemplifies kindness and looks out for kids whenever she can, regardles of if they're hers. This bitch takes no shit.
She lost her way by trying to force her daughter to go to 'Reality Check Summer Camp', not knowing another way to deal with the constant trouble Luz got in for reckless aplication of her creative mind. Such as filing a taxidermied pidgeon/squirel gryphon with live spiders for 'authentic spider breath', or hiding susauge links in her costume for the school play so she could do a gory death scene.
Late in the show its shown that other parents and adults keep saying mean things about luz, and everytime Camilla fights it, and it wears on her more. until the principle of Luz's school gives her a pamplet about the summer camp and urges her to send luz there.
Vee
![[Image: 670v6z.png]](https://files.catbox.moe/670v6z.png)
Vee is a shy, Anxious girl, with deep trauma from being raised as a test subject. She revels in the normal life she has found for herself on earth, and has taken to earth culture like a fish in water.
Subject V(five), of restoring an extinct species known as Basilisks in secret by Emperor Belos to study their ability to eat magic(presumably to help with the spell that Belos was developing to kill all witches by draining all the magic from the Boiling Isles). After escaping containment along with her siblings, Vee stumbled through the gate to the human Realm after seeing Luz leave through it. When Luz's mom comes to check up on her, Vee reflexively uses her natural shapeshifting to turn into Luz.
She then takes Luz's place at camp, eventually taking the place of Luz, who by that point she assumes wasn't coming back. Eventually Luz gets in contact with the human realm via the in between realm, befriends Vee, and helps her come out to Luz's mom, who accepts her and continues raising her as one of her own.
Posts: 827
Threads: 26
Joined: Dec 2019
Reputation:
2
Aster's Guide to the Mutliverse: World 4(part 2/2)
Story Summary
Note: I show up at the end of Season 2, Episode 12: "Elsewhere and Elsewhen"
Season 1
Episode 1: A Lying Witch and a Warden
Luz Noceda, A creative but friendless teenage girl, was meant to be sent away to 'Reality Check Summer Camp' when she stumbled into a portal to another world, The Boiling Isles in The Demon Realm. After helping the oddball witch Eda and the tiny demon King get back his keepsake from a prison for the weird and socially unacceptable, Luz Decides she'd rather try to become a witch than go to summer camp.
However, Witches can do magic thanks to a Bile Sack attached to their hearts, which humans lack.
Episode 2: Witches Before Wizards
frustrated by being forced to do Eda's chores and not being taught any magic, Luz goes on a quest from a wizard against Eda's wishes. However, the perfect fantasy quest was an elaborate ploy so the wizard, a demon in disguise, could eat her. She was saved at the last minute by Eda and they make up.
Episode 3: I Was a Teenage Abomination
Luz Makes friends at the local magic school, Hexide, by sneaking in as a goo humanoid 'Abomination'. Which is the homework of Willow, a shy and kind witch that isn't good at that kind of magic. She also meets Gus, a prodigy in illusions that's fascinated by tales of the human world.
Episode 4: The Intruder
Frustrated by her lack of progress, Luz demands Eda show her how to do a spell when she's already exhausted, which Luz records with her phone. Eda faints from exhaustion and after running from a demon loose in the house, King and Luz learn it's eda, and that she's cursed. Looking back on the light spell Luz recorded, she notices her phone glitching out in an odd pattern. Tracing that pattern out on a leaf with a pencil causes a ball of light to appear. After figuring out light is the weakness of Eda's cursed form Luz draws a massive pattern- a glyph, on the wall to stun Eda long enough to get her her medical Elixirs that keep the curse at bay.
Episode 5: Covention
Luz, Eda, King are attending the 'Covention' a convention to show off all the Covens, groups of witches that a witch much join when they come of age. There she runs into Amity, Willow's bully, who feels humiliated by the stunt Luz pulled at the school. Luz impulsively challenges her to a Witch's duel where she then learns that Amity is the protégé of Eda's sister Lilith. Who is the head of the Emperor's coven, considered the best. The duel is a wash when both Eda and Lilith cheat on their apprentices behalf, and Luz shows Amity her light spell to show she's earnestly trying to be a witch and isn't playing around.
Episode 6: Hooty's Moving Hassle
Willow is sad because Amity is holding a magic ritual/party at her house and she feels left out. Luz decides to invite her and Gus to have one of their own at The Owl House. However, the ritual animates the entire house and they take it for a joyride, ending up having to evade Demon hunters.
Episode 7: Lost in Language
While at the library, Luz spots Amity reading to the kids, acting kind in a way she hadn't seen the witch before. She then meets her siblings, Emira and Edric who peer pressure her into breaking into the library during a special night were they learn that the contents of books come to life. Em and Ed proceed to edit books to change their meaning, and do so to the children's book amity was reading, turning a children's character into a monster. Amity finds out what they're up to and helps set things right with Luz, while Em and Ed skedaddle.
Episode 8: Once Upon a Swap
King gets mad that Luz doesn't stand up to her bullies, Luz gets mad that Eda is worried about the law with all her power, and Eda is mad that king doesn't appreciate the 'easy' life he gets as being pampered as cute critter. So naturally, to settle this argument Eda casts a spell to swap their bodies, putting Luz in Eda's body, Eda in King's body, and King in Luz's body. They all learn how hard being each other is and run away from the massive pile of trouble they all stirred up in each other's shoes.
Episode 9: Something Ventured, Someone Framed
In a bid to one up a rival in the Human Appreciation Society school club, Gus sneaks Luz into school despite her being banned, lying to her that she had been unbanned. they are found out and sentenced to magical detention. After learning of Luz's desire to attend magic school Eda talks to the principle, her old principle, and agrees to make up for every stunt and prank she pulled during her time as a student in order to get Luz's ban lifted and her enrolled.
Episode 10: Escape of the Palisman
After missing the transport to a school sporting event, Luz steals Eda's Staff/familiar Palisman, Owlbert, to fly there. Only for Luz to crack his head in a crash due to inexperience and reckless flying. Owlbert runs away. Under the protection of an ancient demon, The only way to get Owlbert back is for Luz and friends to overcome trials proving they love him. The Bat Queen turns out to be an ancient giant's Palisman, and has sworn to protect her kind from reckless and malicious witches.
Episode 11: Sense and Insensitivity
Luz and King enter a writing competition together, but King gets frustrated with Luz's help and Luz can't put up with King's unreasonable demands and quits the team. In a bid for fame and power, King finishes up the manuscript and while looking for an editor for it, gets a publishing deal. He gets his 15 minutes of fame, while luz closes herself off from him. The reconcile after luz decides to come to a 'meet the author' event where King's publisher traps them both to make a sequel or get crushed by a slowly shrinking cage. they manage it and then burn King's contract, along with all the others from writers trapped by the evil publisher.
Episode 12: Adventures in the Elements
After learning that she won't be able to join the same class as Willow, Gus, and Amity if she doesn't know at least two spells, Luz begs Eda to help her. They travel to the snowcapped Knee of the titan corpse The Boiling Isles are made of and asks luz to commune with the Isles. unwilling to take the advice she steals a training wand and startles a monster into a ramage only to end up trapped. there she decides to follow Eda's advice, and while taking in the beauty of the world, discovers that in each and every snowflake there is a tiny glyph, which when drawn generates ice.
Episode 13: The First Day
On Luz's first day at magic school she's forced to pick only one kind of magic to study, and inevitably breaks that rule, getting sent to detention. there she meets others like her who want to study multiple magics and they show her secret passages that let them get around during detention so they can watch other classes in secret. After a the detention group thwarts a shapeshifting magic eating Basilisk attack on the school, Luz convinces the principle to let students study multiple forms of magic if they want.
Episode 14: Really Small Problems
The carnival is in town and Luz promises it'll be a 'Luz and King day' to the attention seeking young demon, only to invite Eda along as well as meet up with her friends. Wanting to spend more time with Luz, King falls for a scam from a previous villain turned carnie, to dump 'temporary disappearing potion' on Luz's friends, which in fact, turns them tiny. Luz's friends manage to tell her what happened, and in the issuing argument with king, they also get accidentally shrunk. The carnie then shows up to put them in his 'tiny circus' only for them to escape and wreck his life a second time. King and Luz make up, both admitting fault.
Episode 15: Understanding Willow
During a class which demonstrates the ability to create photographs of memories, Amity notices one of willow's and tries to burn it, ending up burning all of them instead. With Eda's help, Amity and Luz head into willow's mind to repair the damage, where Luz learn that Amity and willow used to be friends. Amity confesses that her parents pressured her to stop being friends with a 'worthless witch' like willow, with the threat of keeping her out of Hexide if she didn't. They repair the damage, and Amity and Willow start to reconnect.
Episode 16: Enchanting Grom Fright
After being chosen by lottery to be 'Grom' queen, Amity is too scared for the position so Luz takes her place. Only for her to misunderstand that 'Grom' isn't magic prom, but a party to celebrate the annual defeat of a monster named Grom by the grom king or queen. Luz sticks to her promise however, trying to learn how to use a weopon, and getting ready for the monster as it embodies someone's greatest fear. Luz walks into the arena confident, but when the monster turns into her mother, asking why Luz ran away, Luz can't take it, and runs away. Amity meets up with her on a cliff overlooking the coast and decides to take on the monster, who turns into a shadowy figure that rips up a note. Luz pick up half of the note to see it was an invitation for someone to go to Grom and figures out Amity's fear was rejection, and says she'll go to Grom with her. Together, both of them defeat Grom and Luz never figures out the letter was addressed to her.
Episode 17: Wing it Like Witches
Team Captain of the 'Grudgby' team, Boscha, Is bullying Willow because she grew a spine and is starting being well liked by the student body. In a bid to stop the bullying, and with Amity's suggestion that you can only get through to Boscha on Grudgby terms, Luz challenges her to a game to settle the score. If Luz and friends win, the bullying stops, if Boscha wins they get to use the them as target practice. Luz pushes her friends too hard training to win, and in the end they play and have enough fun with Boscha's team that they undermine her authority and the bet is rendered meaningless. Meanwhile, Eda makes a similar bet with her sister, who's come to capture her for the emperor. She ends up winning, but after her sister breaks down crying and saying she can't go back empty handed, Eda gives her her ring so Lilith can say she put up a fight.
Episode 18: Agony of a Witch
Lilith is under pressure to capture her sister for her many crimes and of not being part of a coven, only to try again with a whole squad of witches and fail again. Meanwhile, Eda is dealing with her curse growing worse, and her Elixirs becoming less effective. With an upcoming class fieldtrip to the Emperor's Castle, Luz hatches a plan to steal a relic said to be able to cure anything. Only to get captured by Lilith and used to bait her sister into a confrontation at the gates of the castle, away from her protections at The Owl House. Durring the fight Lilith accidentally reveals she was the one who cursed Eda before managing to catch her when her magic runs out and the curse takes her over fully, leaving Luz free.
Episode 19: Young Blood, Old Souls
Luz and King, hearing the news that Eda will be turned to stone for her crimes set out to save her by doing crimes to get sent to the same prison Eda is being petrified at. Blasting their way through the guards, Luz and King make it to Eda's cell only to be unable to break her chains. In a desperate bid to see Luz safe, Eda activates and hands over the portal key to Luz, urging her to go home. Eda is lifted up on a platform in her cell to the petrifaction platform just in time to miss Lilith entering the cell.
Outraged, Luz attacks Lilith, briefly having their fight spill through the portal door, where Luz learns her Glyphs don't work in the Human Realm. Lilith manages to talk Luz down, saying she wants to help Eda escape.
Just as Luz is about to take an elevator up to the petrifaction platform, Belos catches her and bargains the portal door for Eda's life, which Luz reluctantly accepts. as the elevator ascends out of the room however, Fire glyphs Luz planted on the door go off, destroying it.
After managing to Free Eda, still in her cursed form, Eda, Lilith, King, and Luz fly back to the owl house. Lilith, determing no amount of Eda's medical elixir can turn her back now, incants an old spell she used to use with Eda as kids. by sharing the burden of the curse between both of them, Eda was able to return to her normal form, although unable to do magic, with Lilith following the same fate. Luz promises to teach them both how to cast with Glyph magic.
Finally, it is shown that Belos has begun repairing the portal door, and mentions the coming of something called 'The Day of Unity'
Season 2
Episode 1: Separate Tides
Without Either her powers or acess to the human realm to get trash to sell to suckers, Eda has been forced to take up bounty hunting to the lights on along with King and Luz. Feeling guilting abut both of those things, and ignoring the advice of Eda to start with small jobs, Luz takes on a bounty for the sea monster 'Selkidomus'. Eda catches up to her to tell her that the bounty is for a peaceful creature being hunted by the Emperor's coven. Only for a mysterious armored figure, The Golden Guard, to appear with King in a cage and orders to make sure Luz kills the creature. Luz and Eda manage to trick The Golden Guard and the Selkidomus rewards them with 'selkigris' which is worth a fortune. Meanwhile, Lilith tries making herself feel useful by brewing a spying potion, only for Hooty to get in her way and eventually the two become friends and finish the potion.
Episode 2: Escaping Expulsion
Luz gives a short lesson about glyphs to Eda and Lilith before leaving for leaving for school. Lilith manages to do a lot with glyphs, while Eda's reckless experimentation creates a faulty glyph that goes haywire and requires her to ask her sister for help. Meanwhile, Amity's parents, noticing how her friends are impacting her studies, Get Luz, Willow, and Gus expelled. Luz makes a deal with Amity's mother to get them back in school, Which ends up being a battle to the death with Blight Industries newest automated soldier. Amity, Gus, and Willow sneak in and Amity makes another deal for her mother to spare Luz, or she'll rip the robot to shreds in front of their investors. Almost immediately going back on her end of the deal once the fight is over, Amity's dad reminds her that A Blight always keeps their word.
Episode 3: Echoes of the Past
After King gets in an argument insisting he's the King of Demons to the history nerd Lilith, King declares they're going to his 'castle', the place where Eda first found him. They enter an uncharted island, with a tower older than anything on record. after a close call with one of it's autominous guards, Eada opens up about how she first met and raised King.
Eight years ago Eda found the island seeking shelter from the rain, where she found King. They were attacked by the guard and left. At first Eda thought King was just an animal with a habit of stacking things into little 'armies', making him look like a King in Eda's eyes. By the time he started to talk, and Eda explained what a king was, she decided to just play along with the idea behind King's namesake. King tried to deny it, but Eda takes out the broken-off part of King's horn that he lost in the escape and memories come rushing back to King about hatching alone in the tower and falling to the ground floor. Saddened by his identity all being a lie king sulks on the beach until he gets a pep talk from luz, from where he goes back and investigates more, learning the guards listen to his commands and that whatever he is, the tower was built from him.
Episode 4: Keeping up A-fear-ances
Eda's mom drops by, who has been falling for new-age medicine scams ever since healers couldn't do anything to cure Eda's curse. Luz however, Belives that this new 'cure' might work, so goes on an adventure with Eda's mom to 'prove themselves' which turns out to be a bunch of hokey to get Eda's mom to pay up. Luz comes to realize this, but when she confronts Eda's mom about it she refuses to listen. this all comes to a head when both Eda and her Sister end up transforming into beasts from the curse and were unable to get elixir due to their mom's meddling. Their mom heads to the scammer's hideout for more help, only to catch him red handed. Their mom appologizes to both of them, which calms them down long enough to get elixirs in them and reverse the changes.
While saying her goodbyes, Eda's mom tells Luz she's not the first human to cross over and that a rare substance, Titan's Blood, has historically caused their worlds to cross over. And the rumor that a human who once lives on the isles left something at the library.
Episode 5: Through the Looking Glass Ruins
Gus tries to impress some students from another school by joining them on the hunt for a place of power called The Looking Glass Ruins, that contains sacred gemstones of power called Galderstones. When he learns that the place is an illusionist graveyard he tries to stop the students from taking the stones, only for them to be interrupted by the guardian of the graveyard, that turns out to be an illusion. the illusionist teaches Gus how illusions can be powerful in a fight, and they stop the theft of the Galderstones.
Meanwhile, Luz and Amity go to the restricted section of the library to track down the journal of the only other human known to have lived on the boiling isles. They manage to find it, but the pages were eaten by mouse, causing Luz to yell at it, alerting Amity's boss, who fires her and kicks them out. Luz managed to get her job back at great personal cost, and Amity shows her the mouse that ate the book is a magical animal called an 'echo mouse' that can replay words it's eaten like a projector.
Episode 6: Hunting Palismen
Due to the overharvesting of Palistrom trees, which are used to make the living wooden familiars/staves witches use, the students of Hexide Are adopting theirs from the care of The Bat Queen, who fosters all lost Palisman. Luz didn't end up getting paired with a Palisman, so she was the only one there when their enclosure is stolen by the golden guard, and she tags along. Their airship is destroyed over the town of Latissa. Finding the guard without his mask and just another Teen, Luz teams up with him to stop another one of Belos' cronies, Kikimora, from trying to steal the stolen Palisman to present to the emperor herself. In the end Luz saves the Palismen. Then a red cardinal Palisman takes a shining to the golden guard, Hunter, and replaces the staff of artificial magic that let him cast any magic at all. Later, at the owl house, A filthy Eda and king present a piece of Palistrom wood for her that they stole from the Bonesburrow Gardening club so Luz can carve her own Palisman.
Episode 7: Eda's Requiem
King and Luz Race for a chance to get an interview broadcast across the boiling isle where King can try to contact his dad, making eda feel like she isn't wanted as a parental figure to king. Eda then meets an old friend working as a rebel and the new head of the Bard Coven, Raine Whispers. After sucessfully joining the group and leading them to sucess, Eda and Raine are lured into a trap by heads of the beast keeping and abonination coven: Darius and Eberworlf. Raine reveals that Emperor Belos needs all of the head witches for some kind of horrible spell on the Day of Unity. By playing a Bard Duet with Eda's magic corrupting curse, they begin to win, but the corruption spreads to them too. Eda says they should continue to play if it'll stop Belos, when a picture of her, Luz, and King falls out of her hair(she keeps things in there) and Raine realizes that Eda has people that need her and cuts off the music, allowing Raine to get captured, while Eda escapes in time to see King and Luz tie for fifth place. She takes out her Penstagram to stream King's message, which a mysterious figure that looks a bit like King watches it.
Episode 8: Knock, Knock, Knockin' on Hooty's Door
Hooty tries to help the residents of the owl house regardless of their wishes. He starts with king and his desire to know what kind of demon he is. after a bunch of invasive tests nothing gets revealed, and King is super mad and makes a magic sonic scream, but Hooty doesn't notice, and thinking he failed, throws a tantrum and runs away.
Second, Hooty tries to help Eda get some sleep when she's been plauged with nightmares. He servers her cookies laced with 'Sleeping Nettles', which after taking a bite he informs Eda of, only for her to exlaim that they also heighten dreams. hooty repeats himself, and then falls over, a hollow tube. Realizing she's already dreaming, Eda takes it as a chance to Face the dream form of her curse, The Owl Beast. Only she discoveres that it's not her tormenter, but a scared animal that's been lashed to her as unwillingly as she has been lashed to it. after making up she wakes up transformed into something akin to a harpy, and Hooty thinks he's messed up again and tantrums the fuck out of there.
Lastly, Hooty tries to help Luz with her love life, kidnapping Amity and forcing the two of the on a tunnel of love ride he constructed in the basement. Luz, embarassed, uses glyphs to break down any romantic imagery until she destroyes the whole ride. She then has a heart to heart with Amity and manages to ask her out.
Missing that conversation, Hooty thinking he failed again, begins to have a total mental breakdown, which starts destroying The Owl House. Working together, Eda, Luz, and King convince Hooty that he did help to calm him down, only to make him promise to never help again. he also accidentally eats a letter the mysterious stranger from the end of the last episode gives him to give to king, and assumes it was junk mail before forgetting about it.
Episode 9: Eclipse Lake
Luz is sick with a common boiling isles disease when the echo mouse reveals the location to a lake of Titan's Blood, an important component in making a portal back to the human realm. Amity goes instead, but Hunter and Kikimora are also vying for the prize. they lose kikimora but learn the lake is dry, and hunter has a breakdown because he can't fail the emperor again, and Amity takes pity on him, only for him to notice she's wearing the key to the old door, which happens to be full of titan's blood. they do a big cool fight about it, and amity eventually drops the key, only after having clutched it tightly enough to break the vessel holding the blood, spilling some of it onto her glove. hopefully enough for Luz to use.
Episode 10: Yesterday's Lie
Luz finally manages to make a portal door, but it looks wrong, so she ties some rope around her and asks Eda and King to pull if it looks like it's closing. Then she jumps in, and appears in a dark, craggy place with black liquid that has shimmering gold light in it and cubes of the stuff floating everywhere. She quickly learns that by saying someone's name she can appear in reflections close to them, before using the power to find her mom, only to see there's a fake Luz living in her house. She manages to get someone on one time with the fake Luz but scares her into running into one of the traps that have been catching animals illegally in town recently and transforms back into her natural form. Luz appears in a mirror and they talk, Luz learning that the imposter is named Vee, a Basilisk shapeshifter that ran from the boiling isles and accidentally took up Luz's identity and went to the camp luz was supposed to go. Luz assures Vee that she doesn't want to take her back to the demon realm and helps her to find more magic because she can't fully shift back into her Luz form. Eventually they find some of Eda's old 'Hex 'em Holden' cards at The Gravesfield historical society, only for the curator, A crazy conspiracy nut, to capture Vee and plan on dissecting her. Luz returns to the reflection in her mother's phone and confesses everything that has happened to her over the summer, and gets her to agree to help Vee, though she doesn't believe until she sees for herself, and then beats up the nerdy conspiracy nut and takes Vee home. The portal starts to close and Luz is getting dragged back when her mom makes her promise that once she makes it home that she'll stay away from the Demon Realm.
Episode 11: Follies at the Coven Day Parade
At the Coven Day parade, a yearly event where all the heads of the Covens are paraded around, Luz and Eda hatch a plan to kidnap Raine and figure out what happened to them after they were caputured. Raine apears at the parade, oddly calmer than usual, where it's revealed that the head of the Plant Coven, Terra Snapdragon, had done something to them. Eda gets the chance to talk to Raine, only for them to not remember anything that happened the last time they met. They say that they can't assosiate with her now that they're a Coven Head, but eda won't hear it. It devolves into a fight before coven scouts showing up forces Eda to retreat.
Belos gives a speech all across the isles as a hologram where he finally show his scarred face from under his mask, and reveales The Day of Unity as some vauge unifying celebration taking place in a month where everyone will journey to The Head and 'inherit a utopia free of wild magic'.
Episode 12: Elsewhere and Elsewhen
UGHHHHHHH. ok. time travel episode. Lets make this quick. Luz learns about time travel tide pools, Lilith's around and can make a device to find them. they find them, and go back in time so Luz can talk to the person who made the portal door, Phillip Witterbane. They meet, and it turns out he knows glyph magic, save for the light glyph, which Luz shows him. they then go on an adventure to a chamber in The Skull via a teleportation glyph combo, Lilith and Luz are used as bait, Phillip showing his true colors of using up 'traveling companions' and writing in his journal about how great he was. He finds a mysterious Tablet with sun and moon motifs that glows and there's an ominous child laugh, Lilith punches him in the face, and they go home. At the end it's revealed to the audience that Phillip is Belos, by way of him eating Palismen souls in a cave to restore his warped flesh, which has glyphs tattooed onto it.
Episode 13: Any Sport in a Storm Hunter, trying to impress the coven head Darius, goes to hexide to find new recruits for the Emperor's coven. After reading a pamphlet about Willow's new Flyer Derby club, he joins up, but to get the club officially recognized, they have to face up against a teacher and his team in a match. they bond over it, win, and then Hunter kidnaps them. Having second thoughts due to friendship he built, he eventualy turns on Darius to let the team go, and Darius complements his guts, and tells them that they had enough recruits and he was gonna send them back to hexide anyway.
Meanwhile the author of Amity and Luz's favorite book series is having a signing, where they realize that in their respective copies, the author's portriat is either a witch or a human. thinking that she could travel between realms somehow, they track her down after the signing is cancled, only to learn the boiling isles edition is some human trash washed up that Tibbles the scam artist tried to make a quick buck off by giving the author pointy ears, but they didn't manage to sell, save for Amity's copies.
Episode 14: Reaching Out
Luz, after getting a calendar reminder from her phone, tries to busy and distract herself, only for Amity to provide the perfect distraction. In a bid to get closer to her father, she wants to win the Bonesburrow brawl, now that she's old enough to enter, and get the championship belt like her father did when he was younger. However her father told her to go to coven tryouts for the emperor's coven, which she doesn't want to join anymore. They ditch the security Abomaton attached to Amity by sending it on a complicated errand and put Amity in a costume to disguise her. As the brawl is going Luz gets more time alone with her thoughts, so she enters the tournament too, saying it'll help amity get to the championship faster. eventually she ends up running into the Abomaton again, having completed its errand, and sets the alarm off in a fit of anger, lying about it to Amity. Amity's dad shows up to take her and Luz's lie is revealed and she steals an invisibility rune to run away. Luz finds her and confesses that today is the anniversary of her father's death, and she won't be able to bring flowers to her father's grave. in response Amity draws a plant glyph but can't get it to work, where luz fixes it and gets a bouquet. Amity summons a balloon and sends the flowers off over the ocean. She then has a heart to heart with her father, where he finally listens. Amity tells him that it wasn't her dream to join the emperor's coven, but her moms. and that her father was always so distracted that he didn't even notice her changing her hair dye from the green of her mom and siblings to purple.
Episode 15: Them's the Breaks, Kid
Eda tells Luz the story of how she met Raine Whispers. When she was a student at hexide, the then principle threatened to expell her unless she won in a competetion for young witches. However, Eda can't help but goof off and end up losing points. Feeling like she doesn't belong, She meets Raine Whispers, who's enamored by Eda's pranks. They show eda a bard spell they made to change the chemical composition of liquids with sound waves. They also offer to accompony Eda and show her how to get the blue ribbon needed to keep her from getting expelled. together they manage to have fun while also completing the assigments to the satisfaction of the judges. However, the fickle head of this years cermonies and head of the Plant Coven, Terra Snapdragon, sets one final challange where the students are divided into teams and only the winning team gets to keep their ribbons. Raine and Eda end up on different teams and seems like they're going to fight, only for them to team up and attack Terra. which ends up making sure neither of htem get any ribbons. however upon hearing that Eda will be expelled, Terra puts in a word with the principle. They then recieve a letter from a small Abomination detailing a spell to be cast on The Day of Unity to drain all witches of their magic.
The scene cuts back to the present. where Terra is using a magic tea to mind control Raine, only for them to discretely use their bard magic to change the makup of the tea before drinking it.
Episode 16: Hollow Mind
At the night market hunter gets a tip about rebels trying to use a ritual to invade Belos' mind. Luz chases after him and they interrupt the ritual, which forced them both into the emperor's mind. Luz and Hunter enter a gilded gallery that Luz thinks is off. Then Luz finds a crying child she thinks is Belos, while Hunter is approached by a black Belos shaped figure that kid Belos warns Luz about before it turns monstrous and Luz throws up a fire gliph, throwing them through a wall and down into a dead forest, Belos' actual mindscape, the galary being made up of Belos' lies.
from there kid Belos leads Luz and Hunter through memories avoiding monster Belos, picking up things along the way. these memories slowly reveal Belos' cruelty and lies to hunter, Then with all the things kid Belos' has taken from memories he sets off a trap for monster Belos, before reverting back to his adult form to tell them both it was a ruse and that the monster Belos is the tormented souls of the Palisman he's eaten.
He thanks hunter for his help, but Hunter confronts him about the memories he was shown and Belos realizes that Hunter is starting to turn on him, saying as much and then trying to kill him, swallowing him up with the groud. then he reveals to luz he's Phillip. Around that time Eda finishes a return potion with the help of the rest of the remaining Titan's Blood and brings both of them back before hunter can die for real and he has a mental breakdown and runs away.
Episode 17: Edge of the World
Hooty coughs up a letter to King from a guy claiming to be one of his kind and says he saw the video Eda put on penstigram. He claimes to be from a clan of people that are King's people. Luz, Hooty, and King follow a map included in the letter back to an island made from a different titan via a portal and King has a grand old time with 'his people'. It's slowly revealed throughout the episode that they aren't actually demons but witches disguised to look like titans because they're the remnants of an old order of titan hunters that worshiped a figure known as The Collector. They figure out King is a titan and not just dressed like one, Luz and King book it, destroying the portal on their way back. Meanwhile back a the owl house, Eda is convinced that Belos will send forces there for Luz because of what happened In Belos' mind, which is why she encouraged the trip and sent hooty along. Eda and Lilith make preparations and end up leaving.
Episode 18: Labyrinth Runners
the Illusion Coven Head Adrian comes to Hexide under the pretense of being a rebel. He Claims that Belos wants all the students branded as part of a coven before the Day of Unity, but he can put on 'fake' sigils. This is of course a lie and an elaborate Illusion that Gus sees through at the last moment. And in the confusion he lets out a massive blast of illusion magic that turns the whole school into a labyrinth of places from his memories. they run into Hunter has been secretly living in the school since the events of 'Empty Mind' so he's here for this. The next bit is huge game of cat and mouse with Adrian and his coven scouts trying to track down Gus and the rest of the students while everyone fights back. It ends when Adrian tries using Gus' memories to find the Galderstones but his spell backfires and causes him and a bunch of scouts to be trapped in their worst nightmare, with Gus at the center of the storm. Hunter comes the rescue, having a heart to heart and calming Gus down enough to end the spell, Hexide returns to normal, and all the coven scouts and Adrian are booted out of the school.
Episode 19: O Titan, Where Art Thou
King getting a vision of The Collector trapped in The In Between Realm due to a ritual performed on him by the titan trappers. When he wakes up he, Luz, and Hooty are back in Bonesburrow from that adventure. The place is plastered with wanted posters for all the owl house residents and they sneak home only to see the last of the Coven scouts taking their stuff away. The owl house is empty save for a hidden message pointing them to The Knee where Lilith and Eda are trying and failing to come up with plans to stop The Day of Unity.
Lilith gets weird and worship-ey about King being a Titan so he runs off to clear his head. He meets Steve, who quit the Emporer's coven and has a cool motercycle and goes on a tour of The Boiling Isles trying to figure our how he feels about being a titan.
Meanwhile, with no plan and The Day of Unity in two days, Eda asks Luz if there was anything she would want to do what it was, and Luz answers she wants to go on heist to get back Francois for King. They infiltrate the Bonesburrow precinct and Eda finds a captain talking to Raine via crystal ball and sneaks in to talk to them. With no plan she begs Raine to find somewhere safe to put Luz and King for the day of Unity. Luz overhears, and since Eda didn't tell her about the lack of a plan they get in a fight. Which draws the attention of the guards, and they get thrown in carriages only to wind up with the resistance, who do have a plan. Eda gets out the Palistrom wood for Luz's Palisman and teaches her how to carve it.
Episode 20: Clouds on the Horizon
Belos is being mocked by the shadow form of The Collector about how much the human realm must have changed in all these centuries and how he won't fit in when he's barely holding together his body. Meanwhile at Blight Industries Alador is voicing concerns about the Abomatrons they're sending to Belos to Odalia, where it falls on deaf ears. Amity, Edric, and Emira are sneaking around the factory, trying to shut down the production line only to be caught and grounded by Odalia.
Back at the rebel's hideout, their plan to stop The Day of Unity is revealed: Have Eda branded with a bard coven sigil and use a disguise spell to take the place of Raine. With the curse, the center point of the spell will be corrupted and boom, day saved. Luz finishes her Palisman and reveals it's an Egg. when asked why by Eda, It's because Luz got to chose who to be when she got to the boiling isles and wants the same for her Palisman.
Luz and King meet up with Willow, Gus, and Hunter to save Amity from her grounding. Which goes off without a hitch. From there they infiltrate Blight industries again. After failing to convince Odalia, Kikmora reveals that they know about the plan to sabotage the draining spell Quote: 'The Emperor has eyes everywhere and they're all pointed at the owl lady'. The group manage to beat her and Odalia and convince Alador to help stop The Day of Unity by disabling the Abamatons via remote control. But Kikimora gets away with Luz disguised as hunter, and the episode ends with her being taken to Belos."
Episode 21: King's Tide
Everyone is getting in place for The Day of Unity. All the witches in the boiling isles, and the coven heads getting into position. Including disguised Eda, exept they change the placement at the last second so she's flanked by Terra and Adrian instead of Eberwolf and Darius. Belos starts the spell as the eclipse begins before he retreats to his quarters inside the skull to meet with Luz in his Phillip Witterbane clothes as he prepares to return through the repaired portal door.
Meanwhile, the teens are on their way to rescue Luz and their airship gets shot down. Back at the platform with the coven heads, Terra and Adrian capture Eda and break the disguise illusion. A fight breaks out with Darius, Eberwolf, Lilith, Raine, and Hooty trying to fight the coven heads only to be restrained.
Back in Philip's room Luz is fighting him, to little success. He offers to let him come with him because he 'cares' about humans. Luz calls him out on his hypocrisy, and then he decides to petrify her instead. Luz makes a desperate deal, be his guide to the modern world if he'll spare her friends. Belos takes the bait and they shake on it only for Luz to reveal she's wearing a sigil branding glove and brands Belos to force the draining spell to work on him too.
The eclipse nears full coverage and the draining spell accelerates, The coven heads collapse and some of them even realize Belos had tricked them. Witches everywhere start collapsing as their sigils drain them. Philip turns monstrous and chases Luz, Abomatons stop people form fleeing the draining spell site.
The teens and King join up with Luz to fight Belos and they manage to hold their own for a while. King is taken out of the fight and meets Kikimora who explains who the collector is, 'a child from beyond the stars' and how Belos was scared of them. She takes him to the ravine where the remains of past golden gaurds rest, alongside The Collector's Tablet, which Belos had thrown away once the draining spell had begun.
King touches the tablet and summons the shadow form of the Collector, who's extremely upset at having been betrayed again. The Collector reveals that he can be released by a titan and wants to play with King. King extracts a promise to play a made up game 'the owl house' with the collector if he promises to stop the draining spell.
Raine rips off Eda's hand with the sigil so the draining spell stops affecting her, giving her a chance. Meanwhile, the teens start losing the fight. Just as Belos is about to make the finishing blow, The Collector appears from nowhere and stops the blow with a single finger, before flicking Belos back with so much force he splats on impact with the wall. King is at their side and reminds them to stop the draining spell so there's people to 'play'.
The collector frames the moon with his fingers, pinching it in perspective and moving it out of the path of the sun, ending the spell. Then he menacingly says that if they want to play owl house they need a real owl house, and begins telekinetically disassembling the skull into a massive flying palace. With The Collector free and seemingly uncaring of people, and the skull beginning to collapse, The teens use the portal to escape the devastation, taking a one way trip to the human realm.
Season 3
Episode 1: Thanks to Them
Luz goes home with Hunter, Gus, Willow, and Amity. They all meet Camilla Noceda and Vee. we get a montage from then of time passing between then and late October: Luz and co keep trying and failing to make portals, Luz comes out to her mom as Bi, Vee makes her own human form, Hunter and Gus bond over some old sci fi books about space explorers, and they renovate the old house that the portal door opens from.
Flapjack finds a hidden message in the shack that the teens, sans luz, attempt to decode while she's at school. The map shows where some titan blood is hidden, in a small graveyard on an island in the forest. Hunter finds some Belos goop and realizes something is going on but everyone else dismiss it as nerves.
Halloween comes, and they all go to the festival in town. On the haunted hay ride it's explained how the brothers witerbane came to Gravesfield in 1613 and became witch hunters to fit in. One day, Caleb met a real witch named Evelyn, who spirited him away to another world, with Philip vanishing looking for his brother. Then the rest of the teens surprise Luz with the decoded map. Hunter winces in pain and then runs off into the woods, possessed by Belos.
hey all meet up, including Camilla and sans Vee, and fight Belos possessed Hunter. In the fight flapjack in wounded and hunter nearly dies before flapjack sacrifices himself to give his life energy and magic to Hunter. Belos left through a portal he quickly created with the titan's blood, and not knowing how much longer it's going to stay open, the others follow.
Episode 2: For the Future
In a flashback regarding what happened in the demon realm while Luz and co were stuck in the human realm King explains the rules for 'the owl house' to The Collector. He says it's a game of pretend and using the adventures He, Luz, and Eda had as material for the game.
Back with Luz and co in the present they find The Boiling Isles twisted into this horrifying half life as something astatically cute and colorful, but subtly wrong. They come across King and The Collector playing. Terra Snapdragon in an owl beast costume playing Eda, and the townsfolk all the living puppets that The Collecter turned them into, animnated to their will. Terra throws a tantrum about playing the childish games, and against King's objections The collector turns her into a puppet too. The collector says they want to play with the real Eda and King remind them that she's still cursed before they fly off to check on her.
Luz and co manage to find shelter at Hexide, where they try to rally the students to help but the situation is bad for them because a tyrant Boscha and disguised Kikimora are mismanaging their resources as tyrant rulers. There they learned that the collector sends out these creepy star shaped creatures to collect people and bring them to the crown shaped palace floating above the titan's skull.
Meanwhile King and the collector go to bed, and King tries again to reason with the collector, saying what they've been doing is dangerous and hurting people, but The Collector has no sympathy for the mortal lives they play with. After The Collector goes to sleep King heads to the cage that Eda and Lilith have been staying in, not as horribly cursed as king had implied them to be to The Collector, and trying to work on ways to beat them, without any results.
Back at Hexide Luz uses the photo classroom to extract a memory photo of the glyph combo Philip used to teleport to the titan's head when she met him when she time traveled to the past. Meanwhile Belos posessed the Raine puppet and Begins to manipulate The Collector by warning that king is working against him. He doesn't belive Belos until he overhears Eda and Lilith trying to sell King on a plan to stop The Collector, but he leaves before king says that they should talk to The Collector instead of trying to stop him with force. Belos also tells The Collector that Luz is back to stop him as well.
Back at hexide everyone gets in a huge fight about the whole Kikimora Tyrant thing and even boscha switches sides. but the fight splits up the party and Luz feels like she's just messed up again before being comforted by her mom. Realizing out loud that all she ever wanted was to be understood, Luz's Palisman hatches, into a snakelike shapeshifter, a 'snakeshifter' named Stringbean. The rest of the episode is the gang getting back together after being split and a bit of character drama.
Episode 3: Watching and Dreaming
Luz in torture nightmare where she's wearing Belos' outfit and all her friends save amity petrified and then amity acuses her of stupid stuff and then challenges her to a 'witch's battle' which snaps her out of it and she learns she can use Light Glyphs to break the spell on her and the others. Eda's nightmare is being kept at the conformitorium by her sister and loved ones for 'being too dangerous. King's is being sacrified by the Titan Trappers.
Luz wakes up, then wakes up King and Eda, who are nearby in a star themed toy filled pocket dimension. Meanwhile The Collector is upset that 'the game' he played with them didn't show them the error of their ways, as Belos had suggested and fears king will hate him more. Belos, still posing as the Raine puppet, and is confused about why King specifically was brought up, and The Collector gives Belos a little backround on his history with Titans, including that The titan's heart still holds power. Belos then suggests 'playing' with Eda, King, and Luz in person while he slinks off.
he collector shows up to them and King pleads with them to stop their games as they're dangerous and hurtful, only for The Collector to say 'toys break all the time' but he can always fix them. It's then that luz realizes that the collector might not know what death is.
meanwhile Belos is having a harder and harder time controlling Raine, until the puppet spell on them breaks. they fight a bit, before Belos posesses Raine again and hurries off to somewhere.
Chased through a maze while The Collector plays a bunch of dangerous games skewed in his favor They end up beating The Collector at his games which makes him more and more frustrated. Luz decides to go talk to the collector against Eda's warning and with the support of King. Luz says that The Collector can't keep up the games forever, and The Collector replies that all they wanted was a friend that wouldn't lie or betray them. But that he doesn't think its possible since it keeps happening to them.
Meanwhile Belos reaches his castle and loses control of Raine and they have a fight that Raine loses. Belos able to make contact with The Titan's heart and start possesing The Titan's body, spreading nasty green moldlike growths over the Boiling Isles.
Eda, Luz, King, and The Collector make their way to The Owl House and Luz explains her journey, using memory photos to show how she got things wrong and had to learn and struggle to find a place for herself. They then tour the boiling isles to the places in those photos with more exposition. At the grudgby field The collector learns the rules and asks some hiding students to play, only for them to scream in fear and run away, which makes the collector Sad. At The Knee, Luz explains that this is where Eda helped her form a connection with the titan, before drawing and activating an Ice glyph, showing that she learned how to use magic, leading the collector to wonder if the titan liked Luz enough to show her this. They asked if Luz forced the titan to be her friend like everyone else, before Luz explained that friendships aren't forced, people are complex but sometimes all you need are kindness and understanding.
Just then an earthquake happens and the surviving eye socket of the skull glows with a sickly green light and they deduce it's Belos. They fly there, while a draconic growth extends from where the palace used to be, with Belos spewing something about 'destroying them all' or something. While Luz, Eda, and King don't know what to do about it, The Collector thinks he does and flies up to Belos saying he understands the man and realizes he just needs kindness, hugging him.
proclaiming them friends now to Luz, The Collector doesn't notice when Belos shoots a fireball at them. Luz steps infront of it and takes the hit. The collector asks if they did the right thing, and Luz says that Belos is a more complex case, that sometimes kindness and understanding aren't enough, and that they shouldn't worry. Mold starts consuming her until she disolves into particles of light and dies.
The collector asks Eda where Luz is, not understanding, and asks her to come back. Eda and King both go into grief filled super modes, pulling on the owl beast and titan magic respectively. while they battle Belos the collector realizes this is what Luz meant about death. that she's gone gone.
In the inbetween realm the spirit of Luz meets the Spirit of the Titan, who reveals he's been watching the whole time. He says he doesn't have much time left, and gifts Luz the remainder of his magic to save the boiling isles and leaves a message for his son.
Luz then comes back in a cool titan hybrid form and with Eda and King's help, start battling Belos in earnest. The Collector can't do anything either because he was struck by one of Belos' mold blast, or because since Belos is posessing the titan his magic doesn't work on him. Eventually Luz on her own is able to pull Belos' body from the heart, stopping the titan from moving.
It starts to rain as Belos slime reconstitutes into the form of Philip, notably the one that Luz first met, and tries a desperate gambit of convincing luz that she freed him from some horrible curse. Luz just glares. The boiling rain starts hurting Belos at that point, Belos making more and more pleas, Lying about wanting forgiveness. When Luz turns her back He curses her, spouts some racist nonsense about humans being better than witches and Luz being as 'bad' as witches. He then taunts Luz by saying she doesn't have what it takes to end him, for which Eda, King, and Raine say they do, and stomp the man to death as the boiling Raine dissolves all his remaining body/goo.
Then we get a narration from Luz as a montage plays of the aftermath. The collector frees everyone and helps put things back to normal. The denizens of the boiling isles begin rebuilding, and the collector decides he needs to grow up and leaves for the stars, only after King gifts him Francois. It's bittersweet for Luz, since without the Titan alive anymore, her glyph magic no longer works.
Four years later Luz is eighteen and just graduated high school. She's packing her things for college. Her mom asks her what subject she's going to major in, with Luz saying all of them, showing an entry form to 'The Collage of Wild Magic' will all boxes checked. They head to the old house where the portal door opened up, now pristine and bought by the nocedas, with a strange star themed door that opens up to the boiling isles.
Hunter is working as a Palisman carver, and gets fetched by willow after they stop at Flapjack's grave. they then meet up with Lilith and Hooty who are working as curators in the new museum wing, and Lilith gets to show off her own cool harpy form as they fly on, They pass by a hospital where Alador and Darius along with some others work with a magic glove to remove coven sigils. They fly to the heart of titan, which a great tree has grown from, and The University of Wild Magic resides, with Gus working on the Human exchange student program and Eda with a cool hook hand as the principle.
The whole group arrives at the owl house for a surprise 'King-ceañera', A Quinceañera that was put together with misunderstood directions form Luz' mom. She didn't get to do one on her fifteenth birthday because she was helping the rebuilding efforts on her birthday for the past four years.
King shows off his first glyph, drawing it huge in the dirt for just a tiny speck of light, but showing he'll grow into his powers, and Luz has a new magic language to figure out. Then King says The Collector wanted to surprise Luz and does a flyby with a big lightshow in the sky.
|