Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TCP Adoptive families discusion
[Jocelyn]: Recently, I have been thinking of the man who adopted me out of The Wonder TCP Research Facility. I do not think of him much in the way of a father figure, but when he mentioned an uncle in the small town of Tremble I wondered what that uncle would be to me.

So I present the question: what are your relationships with your adoptive families if you have any, and how do you feel about the concept of adoptive families for TCPs in general?
[_chill_]: oh, mine was an interesting one
[_chill_]: originally spawned in the rafters of this old place, a record shop
[_chill_]: didn't have a clue what was going on, and was scared out of my mind lol
[_chill_]: the guy who owned the shop didn't find out about me for a while. i made myself scarce
[_chill_]: scared the bejeebers outta him when he did find me though
[_chill_]: he's chill. said he'd let me stay if I stayed out of his way and didn't scare off any customers.
[_chill_]: we have different arrangements now, I sorta pay rent and I made myself a little platform in the rafters
[_chill_]: i don't really see him as family though, just kinda my roommate i guess. we play games sometimes but that's about it. he has his own house to get home to
[_chill_]: i think adoptive families are alright, whatever works for folks. if it gets you a place to stay it gets you a place to stay
[Image: lil_lesbian.png]
[ROGUE_WOODSMAN]: they can be very hit or miss from what I've heard. plenty of my friends have had issues with adoptive families, be them assigned from a facility or just found from the street.
I haven't had one personally, as I didn't spawn in the typical way, but they can be good for some. Though I feel they can often lean a little towards...uneven power dynamics between complexes and TCPs, myself.

[ROGUE_WOODSMAN]: I think it would be wiser to send facility TCPs towards TCP families, or colonies, rather than making them live in houses and families much larger than them. it's much easier to find people on our own level in that way, pun not intended. it lets us have our own culture. but hey, complexes always think they know what's best for us. and when they run the facilities, who are we to say otherwise?
[TASTY_TREAT]:

i was """adopted""" by a housing complex looking to give fresh TCPs a chance at independence, in collaboration with the TCPdex Research Facility- but i still consider the researchers there to be more of family than anyone else, as weird as that probably is to some...
[Image: TCP%20customs.png][Image: 2411]
(03-25-2022, 04:48 AM)[ROGUE_WOODSMAN] Wrote: I think it would be wiser to send facility TCPs towards TCP families, or colonies, rather than making them live in houses and families much larger than them. it's much easier to find people on our own level in that way, pun not intended. it lets us have our own culture. but hey, complexes always think they know what's best for us. and when they run the facilities, who are we to say otherwise?[/color][/font]

[Jocelyn]: while I admit the option would be nice if we have the chance to choose we should get to use that chance. I am a facility TCP and it took quite some time to find someone I would be happy living with. I do not think I would be happier among TCPs, and I believe that sentiment is something that is different for everyone.
(03-25-2022, 04:53 AM)[TASTY_TREAT] Wrote: i was """adopted""" by a housing complex looking to give fresh TCPs a chance at independence, in collaboration with the TCPdex Research Facility- but i still consider the researchers there to be more of family than anyone else, as weird as that probably is to some...

I understand, I have a few friends at the facility myself. However the researchers, no matter how nice, just never made me feel like I was at home. I'm glad you had a different experience.
[3D]:
No idea if I have a place in this thread because everyone is. Talking about complex families. But there is one person I'd consider family - my Partner-In-Crime Comrade-In-Arms Bestest Friend To Hell And Back who is a TCP I've known since they were two TCPs. We're definitely partners but I have no idea what kind lol. We're moving in together soon actually.
VYN - website programmer and designer
my gallery
[_chill_]: alright scratch that adoptive families don't mean shit apparently
[_chill_]: what the fuck
[_chill_]: actually gonna make my own post on this don't wanna derail
[_chill_]: sorry
[GENTLE_STAR]: hi i hope its okay to post, seems like this thread was inactive for a bit?

anyway uh. i used to have a pretty big adoptive family. idk if we ever actually used the word to describe ourselves but i think a lot of us were close. kind of weird circumstances though, we were all on one of those weird tcp death game shows together. it was super extensive, it had its own dedicated facility and everything. dorms, cafeteria, courtyard, you name it. me and most of the other contestants bonded pretty quick. then i guess the show ran out of funding or something because they kicked us out before the game was over.

i tried to keep in contact with some of the other tcps but we drifted apart pretty quickly since i didnt really have a phone or anything like that. i thought about asking someone if i could stay with them but i got too nervous and no one offered. i think i wouldve said no even if anyone did ask lol

anyway that was a long time ago. i think a few years or so? i only got this computer recently so its hard to keep track of time.

i miss em tbh
Artificial lifeform/mechanical construct on a mission to obtain every armor type TCP and also maybe make cool stuff along the way

If you call me a bionicle you are correct

[ARCADE SESSION] [CAVE-IN] [THE ARMOR GUILD] [GENERAL CHARACTER HOARD] [INTRO THREAD] [TCPDEX CHARACTERS]
[ADOPTS]

[Image: WOxKePR.png] [Image: DGVV5eJ.png]
[Jocelyn]: it was inactive I believe because no one, including myself, had anything left to say. I do not know what a 'death game' is, but I believe given context clues it is a very bad thing.

I am sorry you drifted away from those you cared about. It's never easy leaving those connections behind. I was spawned in a research facility, and put up for adoption once testing had concluded. My typing made me fairly undesirable, so I spent a lot of time with researchers and other TCPs. I am not sure if I would have called them family, there was a certain distance... Researchers wished to remain professional for the most part, and other facility TCPs would be transient, gaining homes before myself.

In the end I believe a family is something that you decide on. It is not just a measure of a relationship, but of how you wish to label that relationship. There is a certain pride in talking about your family, of saying you have a place to belong.

...I have had some time to think on this since I started this thread.