Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Settlement [Closed]
Brick 
[Image: FCnAPgc.png]

You and six other Tiny Cat People, all with your own reasons, have decided to head out to found a village in Wonder. After a full day of exploration, you've collectively found three suitable locations to settle.

The first location is deep in a vibrant green forest along a small hillside spring- it's isolated, but also comfortable and abundant in resources.

The second location is on a marshy river delta, with saltgrass towering overhead in every direction. Gazing across the nearby ocean you can just barely make out islands in the distance. With a boat you can quickly travel far inland or out across the sea, but it is not immediately near any resources, and there is a very real risk of flooding.

The third location is alongside a lake surrounded by a vast plain covered in flowers, broken up only by a few small clusters of trees. This is a remarkably beautiful place to call home, but something about it puts a sinking feeling in your chest.

You have all gathered in a small clearing to discuss which of these locations to settle, what to build, with what materials, and most importantly what to name the new village. Most of you don't know each others' names yet, so you feel a need to introduce yourselves before the meeting can formally begin.

------------

[Provide an image of your TCP- adoptables and ocs are both acceptable!- along with an in-character introduction. When 7 players have introduced themselves, the game will start. Finer details of this game will reveal themselves as you play, with me acting as your DM. OOC talk is in square brackets, like here. Have fun!]
[Image: xDfPmaA.png]

"Abby." A brightly colored TCP in a long coat speaks first, stretching out and making a sickening cracking sound in the process. "Just Abby, guess you can do Abby James if you're fancy about shit. I'm here to see how things go."
[Image: gacha005B.png]
"Hey there, name's DJ, I'm here to have fun and make sure others do too," the party type says with a small bounce.
[Image: image0.png]
The light and dark blue collision type speaks up, “hello, I’m Spiltscreen! It’s nice to be with you all, I like collecting old electronics and stuff!!! Wires and stuff like that I think are really cool!! I do like the flower area a lot! If we are choosing now.”
:3
[Image: press.png]

“It’s Press! My name, I mean. Nice to meet you all.” The iced coffee type bounces on the balls of their feet excitedly. So many potential friends! “I might not really be an ideas person, but I’ll make sure everyone else’s ideas are executed quickly and skillfully!” she adds with a little salute.
"U-um, hello. I'm Stuffie," says the Childhood-type. "I-I'm not really sure what I do, but I'll do my best to help!" They tug their ear nervously.
[I'm so sorry I'm new to this site and the game, and I'm on my phone lmao]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[Image: 46L7SNf.png]                         [Image: AccxU29.png]
~Calyx

"Uh, Hello, im Gio!" The tent type rubbed his face "I hope this all goes well and we get along with eachother!" If he could smile he probably would.
[With introductions out of the way, the meeting can begin! Discuss your plans to build this village over the next week- things we need to progress being a name and which of the locations to build at, but discussing things like who will gather materials and what sorts of buildings should be constructed are a good idea as well. Any casual chat in the meeting is perfectly good too- roleplaying is the main goal here! When everyone agrees that the meeting is concluded the story will progress a week or so, at which point there will be another meeting like this one preceded with a summary of anything that happens over the course of that week; there will be exceptions to this general structure, but whether or not they go into effect depends on which actions you decide to take during a meeting.]
"No offense, but you're all a bit on the peppier side...at least more than I was expecting." Abby crosses her arms and flops onto the ground, making a rather gross noise in the process. "I got my opinion on where we should go, but I don't know if y'all would be able to hack it out there."
[OOP MISSED A SLOT ANYONE THAT WANTS TO GET IN CAN BARGE INTO THE MEETING VERY SLIGHTLY LATE]

[Image: gacha009A.png]
A small promise type came rushing in last minute, dropping some things it was carrying. "Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry I'm late!!"
 ~ Chompy -[Image: Trapling_Chompy_1.png]- some well chosen quote -[Image: Trapling_Cinnanom_2.png]- Cinnanom ~
~ I somehow started drowning in tiny cats and I don't know how it happened ~

[Image: Markus_Card_2.png][Image: Teddy_Card_2.png][Image: Ender_Card_2.png]
[Image: Tiny%20TCP.png]
"...peppy and a latecomer. Great expectations for this bunch alright."
“I can do it, I promise! I might be ‘peppy’ but that just means I have more energy to put into my work! Like I said, I’m not much for ideas but I’m down for getting done whatever needs to be done,” they pause. “So where do you think we should go, Abby? I’m sure we’re up for it, I know I am!” Press considers flexing to show off her readiness, but for some reason she has a feeling that the rather ornery zombie type would not find it reassuring in the least. Instead, they opt for a hearty thumbs up.
"H-hello..." Stuffie scuffs a foot shyly as they speak up, "I rather like the lakeside location. I'll do whatever nobody else wants to do, that's okay with me. Um, we could call it 'Haven,' maybe?"
~Calyx
"I'm with Stuffins over here, actually. That lake's the place to go." Abby looms over Press slightly. "Could get nasty. Food type like you could get waterlogged easy out there. You still got guts enough for that?"
Press shrugs, rattling the ice cubes inside of them. “I mean, I’ve already got water in me, just the, you know... frozen kind,” they say, uncertain about what point they are exactly trying to make but feeling that their prior experience with having water in them in some form must count for something. Press leans in towards Abby, hands clasped sweetly. “I’m sure I’ll be fine, but if you’re really so worried about my safety, I promise to be extra careful!” she says, half teasing and half genuine.
DJ bounces a little as they speak, "I'd prefer either option that isn't the marsh, that kind of ground is too difficult to build permanent structures on."
“I want to make the village on the field! It seems like the perfect place!” Splitscreen looks around then up “also I can build power lines and stuff”
"Yeah I agree with the lakeside area, it seems pretty good."  Gio thought for a moment "And I could carry things in my pocket if that is needed."
Stuffie seems vaguely pleased, even as they tug their ear. "O-okay, four for lakeside field, one for, um, not-the-marsh. Press? A-and you, newcomer? Wh-what's your name?"
~Calyx
“Actually I think the lake will be fun!!!” Spiltscreen smiles
“I don’t have much of a preference either way. I do agree that the marsh seems like it might be not the best for building, though.”
“actually!! Rethinking it again!! The hill side forest with the stream!!!”
The promise type gathers the notebook and pen that fell to the ground while hurrying to the meeting, brushing a bit of dirt for them before taking a metaphorical deep breath to shake of the nervousness from being late.
"My name's Sanctuary, Sanny for short. I-i personally would prefer the forest, it feels the most like home to me." They flutter with their wings a bit, causing the small lanterns on their ears to wiggle around a bit. "And a good one at that, we'd be fairly safe and we'd have a lot of resources! Something about the... flower field just doesn't feel right, I'm sorry. I don't really know what, but... yea." Sanny tries to stand there as their usually confident self, but it's still painfully obvious that they were really nervous.
 ~ Chompy -[Image: Trapling_Chompy_1.png]- some well chosen quote -[Image: Trapling_Cinnanom_2.png]- Cinnanom ~

"What could be so bad about a field of flowers?"
“I was all for the flower field at first but, it doesn’t feel right, and the forest would be a lot more stable if I were to build electrical poles and stuff” the collision type gives a thumbs up happily
"So what if we get a little bit of a weird feeling? You really want to pass up a prime location like that over a case of the heebie jeebies?"
“I want to be safe......and happy? I trust this feeling”
"I got bad news for you then- no matter where we go, there's gonna be things that make us unsafe. You think making a village is gonna be a piece of cake?"
“No I don’t but I think it will be better if we don’t have a sinking feeling in ourselves when we’re a re building it. I’m sorry that you don’t seem to mind but it makes me unhappy and uncomfortable”
"I agree with them there. I mean if we have the option to choose between actively feeling unsafe about what's going to be our new home and not having this feeling, the pick should be fairly obvious. I agree that the flower field is fairly pretty, but I assure you the forest can be just as pretty if not even more so! And while it doesn't have as big of a lake it also still got a spring, so I feel we wouldn't lose much."

“Yeah! And it is isolated, but that just means that to go somewhere you have to explore more! Though if something bad happens we would be cut off...well they all have their pros and cons”
Press shifts from one foot to the other idly. “Well,” they say, interrupting the argument. “Maybe we put aside the point of ‘this flower field feels bad to some of us for some reason’ until we figure out if we actually want to go there in the first place. We should weigh the other pros and cons first, and then if they seem to be weighing in the fields favor, we can decide if it’s worth it or not,” they suggest. She glances at the faces of her companions. “For what it’s worth though, I agree with Abby. If the field’s the spot for us, I don’t think some random feeling should have to get in the way of that.”
"Thank you. I'm for the fields because it's plenty of easy ground to work on. I don't want to deal with lifting up rocks and chopping down branches all day just to get this thing off the ground."
“At least chopping down branches might provide us with lumber for construction. But yeah, I hear your point.”
[I updated Stuffie's pic now that I've drawn them properly.]

They nod, glancing up at Abby. "A-and lakes have fish, right? And herbs can be made from flowers, I think? And it's, uh, generally safer for us to have a shelter as, um, as soon as possible."
~Calyx
Sanny fell silent for a moment, they knew they were biased for the woods, but they didn't mean to upset anyone with that. "I mean... Technically it's true, but we don't necessarily need fish or herbs to build a village, since we don't actually eat. What we need the most would be wood to build homes. Only later on I suppose we'd have to think about I dunno, trading with or selling stuff to others and what we could use for that. And I agree that fish and herbs would probably be something we could use for that.." They felt a bit uncomfortable when stating that last part of their argument, they didn't really want to make an argument for the flower field.
"But I'd assume that the woods would have equal oportunities for stuff to sell."

“I mean yeah I don’t like the feeling it gives me, but if everyone is happy with it I guess we can do whatever”
"Now that I've thought it over some more, I think the flower field is the way to go. If we build in the forest then the ground's gonna be very uneven, which we'd have to deal with." They sit down, "Also, there's gonna be a lot less natural light in the forest, which is really gonna be a pain for building, especially early on."
Stuffie shifts uncomfortably, and says in a hesitant, cottony voice, just above a whisper, "S-so, the lakeside f-field is the majority, th-then?"
~Calyx
Sanny wraps their wings around their shoulders a bit. "Well... if... if the majority is for the flowers I will agree to go there, even if it makes me uncomfortable. I'll... I'll probably get used to it. We should probably make a clear count of who is for what before that though."

“I still don’t know, I guess I’ll be happy where ever.......I’m sorry” splitscreen looks down at his feet shuffling them a bit he swings his arms around his body a bit
"Flower field." She shrugs. "That's my vote."
"I'm down for whatever, so if people want to go to the flower field, let's go to the flower field! It seems like probably the best place for construction too."
"U-um. Abby, DJ, Gio, and I are leaning t-towards the, uh, lakeside f-flower field. Splitscreen, Press, and Sanny are... um... o-open-minded... D-does that sound about right..?" They seem as though they might tear their earnub clean off, considering the intensity with which they're tugging it.
~Calyx
Sanny nods a bit. "Alright... I'd say that settles it then. I would personally still prefer the forest, but since the majority is for the flowers I won't throw a tantrum. It... It will be alright in the end, I trust you all with that."

"Right on, we go for the field then." Abby lets her head loll back, looking in Sanny's direction. "You said you know something about getting wood, yeah?"
"I... well, not exactly. I just have been in forests before and now there are oftentimes lot of smaller branches on the ground we could carry here to build with them. I would also offer to do that if there are other things we also need to do! ...with the help of some others that is, those branches can be heavy."

"How bout rocks? Gonna need rocks, won't we?"
“I can get rocks and sticks!!” Splitscreen says sitting on the ground hugging his knees