Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Divine TCP support group
[OUT_OF_ORBIT]:

Note: most of this has been copy and pasted from the old chatroom (I used to host this support group elsewhere but it kind of died off... I'm hoping to restart it here!)Hello! My name is Extra and I made this thread so that divine origin tcps would have a place to discuss their experiences. For those unaware, "divine tcp" is a term denoting that a tcp spawned in a session of the TCP "game". Personally I feel it sounds a little grander than the position merits but I want this to be accessible to those looking for support. Just know that while you are free to refer yourself that way, I will probably not refer to myself in this manner from here on out, just out of personal preference!

RULES:
1. Be polite and respectful to your fellow chat members.
2. This chat is intended for tcps that were spawned in a session ONLY. I am sorry if this policy feels exclusionary to anyone, but I really want to offer a place where we can talk about our experiences without fear of judgement or being pitied and I feel restricting this chat to only those who share this experience will help in doing so.
3. NO JUDGEMENT! This is not a place where we judge others actions while they were in a session. I will be very strict about this. Not everyone is lucky enough to be spawned to a kind or understanding player, and many have been in bad situations which they already regret immensely. I do NOT want anyone shaming others for what they did while they were ultimately subject to their players' whims.
4. You may share as little or as much as you want. The goal here is just to provide a supportive environment to talk about and process what we've been through.
5. Provide a warning before discussing something potentially triggering. If anyone has specific triggers, you may DM me and I will add them to the rules section here.
no longer active
[QUESTION_DIVINITY]:

This is a safe place to talk about gods' treatment of TCPs, right? Like, as long as we warn for it, we can go into some serious shit, if I'm gathering right.
[Image: TCP%20customs.png][Image: 2411]
[OUT_OF_ORBIT]:

Yes, absolutely.
no longer active
[RADCAT_420]: Is there a way to make this thread available to only session TCPs? I don't feel like talking about my experiences with an audience of lurkers.
[OUT_OF_ORBIT]:

@[RADCAT_420] I didn't see any way to do that when creating the thread, however i could try to contact an admin for help with that. Does anyone have any thoughts about that?
no longer active
[ROGUE_WOODSMAN]: Well, the thread is already more secure than the last one, seeing as only TCPs can access this forum, but you may want to try something like a Messiroom group IM. You could just use this thread for people to request entry, and give you their Username and such. Of course, then you'd have the problem of how do you make sure someone is actually a session tcp or not, but since the forum only allows TCPs in to start with, that doesn't worry me all that much.

[ROGUE_WOODSMAN]: You could also do a meetup if you prefer, but I'm not sure everyone could make it if you do. I know I probably wouldn't be able to.
[Image: lil_lesbian.png]
[OUT_OF_ORBIT]:

@[ROGUE_WOODSMAN] Irl meetups would reduce accessibility a lot so i don't want to do them. I Really like your Messiroom idea though, especially if we run it parallel to the thread. This thread could be more of a casual chatting place and the messiroom chat could be for more private stuff. I was concerned making the thread verification only would shut out some tcps who mentioned they might get benefit from seeing what is said on the thread but don't feel like they can join in themselves. I'll make the messiroom group IM later, please post if you want in!
no longer active
[ROGUE_WOODSMAN]: I'd like to join the thread when you make it, my Messiroom username is the same as on here.
[Image: lil_lesbian.png]
[QUESTION_DIVINITY]:

I'd also like an invite to the MessiRoom group chat, same handle as here.
[Image: TCP%20customs.png][Image: 2411]
[OUT_OF_ORBIT:]

@[ROGUE_WOODSMAN] @[QUESTION_DIVINITY] I made the group IM and invited you both!

To everyone else: feel free to ask to be invited at any time and I will let you in.

(OOC: group im thread link here)
no longer active