Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Q+A] Mortis Ramble Thread [18+ edition]
ill do multiple even im not a coward (and there's a lot to cover)

cw for SA/CSA and horny bullshit with these, you know what to expect

WILSON

Get Out!- Big Scary
Quote:
It’s still brave to be only a little bit scared
There's no shame when you're caught in a shadowy web
But insane when it's all just in your head
Can you come back from there?

I shouldn't fall so easy
I shouldn't fall
But I do

get out! is a really really good wilson brain song, i love it for him and it really encompasses just how psychologically-focused so much of concept life is, considering dreamscapes are basically weird fucked up headspaces that are even more prone to shifting than what you'd usually expect.

Power Fantasy- HEALTH X 100 Gecs
Quote:
You were never dead to me
And bitterness is easier
You were never anything
You're alive and breathing in

You, me
Try to see
Why try so hard?
I still have dreams (I still have dreams)
With you alive and breathing in (With you alive and breathing in)
It's been so long (It's been so long)
It hurt so much, it's so hard

You were never dead to me (You were never dead to me)
You're alive and breathing in (You're alivе and breathing in)
You, me
Try to see (You, me)
Why try so hard? (Try to see)

this one is pretty blatantly a danielle/wilson song, it is also pretty loud and abrasive but i feel like that really works for them. even after wilson gets the fuck out of there (this is not a spoiler this was confirmed to be a thing in the original pilot sort of oneshot for FC), her influence still lingers in the horrible, haunting way that domestic abuse tends to.

THE RIVAL
CW: CSA/vomit if you look up the actual ending this goes to

Chu, Tayousei - ano
Quote:

I love you, I can’t sober up
Oh, I need you. I can’t let go of my love
I’m afraid I’ve gotten used to it

No problem! Try to destroy it
Hold me tight. The taste of trauma with strong opposition
Sit down and I’ll give you a big reward ♥

I feel a tingle in the back of my throat
My heart is pounding
Let your heartbeat erase my loneliness
Dictate love and romance
Monopolize me
Let’s keep kissing until we’re addicted

so this is a chainsaw man ending theme and if you know the ending itself and the context in which it's presented this is uh....Well. Well, The Rival Has Problems. Past Problems Of A CSA Nature. and is also pretty inspired by denji according to xavier, so...yeah. he's quick to fall for people even if he really shouldn't, and while he's never really gotten the opportunity to dive straight into a bad relationship as an adult, he's had problems when younger and has weird, romanticized feelings about it.

CW: eye horror in album art
Show ContentSpoiler:
Burning Sunset- Widdly 2 Diddly

there is a lot of LISA music on these five's playlists but this one really stands out for the rival, he is an ambitious guy with big goals and a "cool" attitude and this is absolutely music he would blast while driving around, if he had a license literally at all.

FREAK

CW: serious flashing, BDSM, loud

Wriggle- Clipping

i'm not quoting lyrics for this

uhhh. uhhh freak has weird relationships to sex and affection and as im pretty sure we mentioned they have some Wires Crossed. they definitely have an interest in rougher affectionate gestures and default to them, which is...not appreciated, and often misinterpreted as "oh the dream monster is attacking me". they really fucking need to learn boundaries and how to express this shit better because Frankly, The Other Parties Are Interested, freak just can't convey shit in a way that makes sense to anybody including themself.

there are also reasons for why freak's whole mental state re: this stuff is dissociated as fuck and seemingly nonsensical but i cannot get into that without spoilers and youll just have to trust us that it isn't weird bullshit in a bad way. just trust us.

Sweet Dreams- Kensuke Ushio

another chainsaw man track, this one a lot more understated and emotional. like everyone in this bunch, freak has had a really bad childhood and history with sexual trauma, and this to us captures that sort of melancholic need for comfort regarding that sort of stuff, as well as trauma in general. even with all of their issues with boundaries and expressing things in a way thats safe for people (including themself, their attempts at hugging people and such in headspace are often met with violence in turn), they genuinely really need care at this point and are stuck in a situation where no one can even recognize them as a person in the dreams themselves.

CORALINE

Posing in Bondage- Japanese Breakfast
Quote:
Closeness
Proximity
I needed
Bondage
Closeness
Proximity
I needed
Bondage

not actually about sexual bondage, the singer has said it's more about closeness in a relationship, and that is something coraline Really needs. she lacks any sort of close relationships outside of befriending redial and has awkward feelings around a lot of the other members of this group for a variety of reasons. she desperately wants to be held and cared for, but doesn't really know where she stands regarding gender and sexuality and that feels like a massive barrier towards getting to know people.

Kind Of World- Big Scary

no real lyrical quotes here, this is just what benny considers close to coraline's voice sound (in a dub, anyway. can't say what her actual voice sounds like.) and it has a sort of weird, flustered feel to it that works really well for her. also, mirrors a wilson song linked above, so that's cool.

DREAMY

Guyliner- Dorian Electra
Quote:
I'm a guy, don't be surprised
If I take my time to glamorize
No reason why that I can't try
To line my eyes, it feels so right

dreamy is a very big fan of drag and camp looks, something that wilson is very envious of and attracted to (which dreamy can and will take advantage of for gay antics). he likes changing up his looks frequently but is most inclined towards more feminine wear, and encourages wilson to try the same- but, the devil's a bit too shy for it, and struggles with the idea.

CW: Abuse

Domestic Bliss- Glass Animals

dreamy also sees how pained wilson is with his abuse shit with danielle, even in the wake of the him breaking up with her- he desperately wants him to be able to heal and move away from this shit for good, but everything lingers, and it's painful for both of them.

there you go, hope this is fun
[Image: TCP%20customs.png][Image: 2411]

[-]
Quick Reply
Smilies
Smile Wink Cool Big Grin
Tongue Rolleyes Shy Sad
At Angel Angry Blush
Confused Dodgy Exclamation Heart
Huh Idea Sleepy Undecided
[get more]

Human Verification
Please tick the checkbox that you see below. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Q+A] Mortis Ramble Thread [18+ edition] - by skinstealer - 02-11-2023, 06:44 AM