5. My Love Is Better- Annie
6. Obey The Groove- No More Kings
7. D.A.N.C.E.- Justice
8. Bad- Micheal Jackson
9. How to Be a Heartbreaker- MARINA
10. Unreal Square- Squarepusher
[Image: TCP%20customs.png][Image: 2411]
1. Dummy!- Toby Fox

a silly opener for a silly character, though lover has a lot more going on with them than their goofy appearance meets the eye...is their silly get-up and introduction a performance, or are they really that spontaneous and quirky? they might be someone you can trust, but they could be a fearsome enemy in disguise...mask type really suits them, i think! it's a good song for a mysterious (but very fun!) character, and makes for a nice opener to the playlist.

2. SWERLK- MNDR, Scissor Sisters
[cw: suggestive lyrics]

kind of flirty, fun dance songs are the vibe for lover, and SWERLK is a perfect example. honestly, scissor sisters in general has good lover vibes...there's something about those Energies...which is to say camp, probably. i really love songs like this and lover being a character i can channel these kind of energies into makes me really happy, and i can always count on their playlist to put me in a really good mood!

3. Bonafied Lovin- Riot in Belgium & Ooh Ee Remix- Chromeo

a lot of lover's songs are flirtatious and it's DEFINITELY meant to mirror voidsy's playlist a bit...but that's because lover's meant to mirror voidsy in some ways, but not all. obviously being a TCP, lover is ace and thus a lot of this stuff applies differently, but lover's playful, flirty side is meant to serve as a parallel to voidsy while definitely being more under control and less impulsive. lover is a pretty spontaneous person, but they know what they want and are a lot less prone to making mistakes than our audience's good ol' collective. still, nobody's perfect...

4. Ghost- Mystery Skulls
try and hear me, then i'm done
cause i might just say this once
seen this played out in my dream
it doesn't matter

lover is a pretty happy-go-lucky kind of guy on the surface, and this is an upbeat sounding song for sure- but even they've got their off days, and this is a war game. they're just as aware that this is definitely going to go to hell and that people are going to get dragged down, and that there may not be anything they can do to stop that- hell, they might be an active participant in that if things go especially badly. they want out of this game just like anybody else in it, and can't help but dream of better days in a better world...

5. My Love Is Better- Annie

lover is a cocky bastard in a lot of ways- at least outwardly. they want to show off and put on a good show for everyone, especially the enemy teams. there's a sense of rivalry in everything lover does around them, with this kind of goading to the way they talk and approach the others- primus is the only one they've really let their guard down around, and it's debatable how much they've even allowed that.

6. Obey The Groove- No More Kings

kind of a silly pick but all of lover's songs just have to have this danceable vibe...or at least most of them. i feel like they'd really like dancing, honestly, though i don't know if anyone else on wax's team would indulge them asking to dance around the fortress. it probably doesn't help much that lover can float, meaning that any kind of dancing is now at least five times more prone to knocking things off of shelves and making a real mess of things. they're a disaster gay.

7. D.A.N.C.E.- Justice

a classic tune that got me through college, i love cross as an album and this is always a good jam to return to. like a lot of other TCP playlist tracks, this is a nice little tune for lover just chilling on their own- it's a lot more energized than the other tracks i have picked out along those lines, but i feel like lover's always on the move in one way or another, always thinking of something new. i dunno, i can just picture them listening to something like this while floating around and reading a good book. 

8. Bad- Micheal Jackson
but they say the sky's the limit
and to me that's really true
but my friend you have seen nothin'
just wait 'til i get through

i mean, they are on the enemy team. this is one of my favorite songs for lover by sheer merit of it having just...EXTREMELY lover energies, with the whole smack talk vibes and everything. this is the song that they put on blast while they talk shit and float circles around you, pretending to be some kind of all powerful supervillain...before commenting on how cool your outfit is, and that they're going to steal your look.

9. How to Be a Heartbreaker- MARINA

is lover a heartbreaker? are their romantic gestures genuine? can they be trusted, or is their date gambit just that, a gambit? so much is in the air right now, and it's hard to tell whether any of it is actually love...but lover seems to be having a good time with primus, at the very least! this kind of flirty song really fits them, even if it's more playfully added on here than a real measure of their character...or is it?

10. Unreal Square- Squarepusher

surprise, a lover fight theme! sort of, anyway. bet you weren't expecting one of these on this playlist, but nope, this is a new addition to the last release of this playlist. it doesn't quite mesh with the rest of the playlist, but it's a new favorite of mine for lover and i just had to include it...it's not a very scary fight theme, more of an encounter theme really- but there is a sense of danger and surrealism to it, i think. i don't think you'd want to fight lover as a boss enemy...

feel free to leave commentary, or suggest tracks for the next volume!
[Image: TCP%20customs.png][Image: 2411]

[-]
Quick Reply
Smilies
Smile Wink Cool Big Grin
Tongue Rolleyes Shy Sad
At Angel Angry Blush
Confused Dodgy Exclamation Heart
Huh Idea Sleepy Undecided
[get more]

Human Verification
Please tick the checkbox that you see below. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.