Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OOC/AU] Critter-specific Roleplay
there would definitely be critters that live outside in the wilds! it's just a lot more dangerous
[Image: TCP%20customs.png][Image: 2411]
THREE HOURS LATER WE HAVE AT LEAST ONE CRITTER FOR EVERY SYSTEM MEMBER okay now we're deliberating whether to give them edits now or save it for another time, either way we want to start filling in a hoard
updated neighborhood names + listings! (this will go in the neighborhood reference thread eventually)

CITYSCAPE
(city/suburban themed, paved roads, etc, pet-like ones go here)- Pompet, Comfypaws, Inconsolabuddy, Kibbler, Sneakz, Jailbird
SHORESIDE (beach/aquatic themed)- Swirlshell, Flapray, Noodlefish, Leviafriend, Wishtank, Tipsyturvy, Sandfort, Gottaway, Marimotee
SMALLSCALE (household good/object critter focused, small scale things made big everywhere) - Inktrail, Spinnermane, Ringdrone, Kickflipz, Packling, Bootly, Swashbuckler
WILDLANDS (animal/plant ones that arent pet-like go here, patchwork of many different biomes)- Tinystep, Rafflemane, Spikeling, Questgiver, Choppem, Sacredheart
HAUNTING GROUNDS (spooky themes, haunted woods)- Jigglie, Stubbigator, Colorpillar, Witchikins, Bigeye, Scarelouette, Gazer, Skelegeist, Sootypaws, Lostling
WINTERMINT (winter/winter holiday themes) - Snugglobe, Snowpuff,
TOYLAND- for inevitable toy themes
OUTER SPACE (space/weather/sky themed)- Slumberwool, Cosmonaut, Hazydaze
CANDYLAND (food themed)- Crinkler, Reesifur, Purrsicle, Swellophant, Softbake, Princecake , Cremegill

gonna be working today but down to discuss things in this thread in between twine chunks- i will be setting up threads as soon as this twine is handled so if you have any last minute suggestions get them in now (though dont expect me to take all of them, i have a pretty good idea in mind for what i want and while that's malleable, i have a structure planned)
having fun making little profiles...they're very barebones characters so far but we're hoping we can expand them over time
i love seeing them!! its nice looking at forum bot and noticing there's another creacher to look at and read about, even if its minimal
 ~ Chompy -[Image: Trapling_Chompy_1.png]- some well chosen quote -[Image: Trapling_Cinnanom_2.png]- Cinnanom ~
~ I somehow started drowning in tiny cats and I don't know how it happened ~

[Image: Markus_Card_2.png][Image: Teddy_Card_2.png][Image: Ender_Card_2.png]
[Image: Tiny%20TCP.png]
i'm glad it's not annoying, at least! we have a lot of these to get through but we're trying to pace ourselves with em (working on twine stuff and then doing these in between helps)
they'd never be annoying!! and i mean... the forums are for posting, it'd be a lil silly to be annoyed that posts are happening
 ~ Chompy -[Image: Trapling_Chompy_1.png]- some well chosen quote -[Image: Trapling_Cinnanom_2.png]- Cinnanom ~

okay! done with work for today, got critter -> petz conversion thread up

gonna go ahead and get back to making little profiles then
okay! i think it's time to start putting threads together, i have injured myself by accident yesterday so i am taking a break from doing heavy work and focusing on this instead! hopefully by the end of the day we will Have Stuff To Do
oh no! re injury

excited for this all being set up though

i am Considering having a very very brief + simple "trait guide" to critters for this RP- nothing as detailed as the TCPdex and a lot more fluid, something like

BIGEYE
-glows in the dark
-excellent vision
-slow moving

3 little facts that give you some idea of the species' physical/magical abilities??? everything else would be loose and these would be suggestions instead of limitations, what do people think
:O i think that'd be neat

also fun for the eventual wiki page(s)

Oooh love that

I have to catch up on things, sorry busy busy week, but I'm really hype that we are getting closer to starting
Give Me Your Coins
[Image: m8IlJsh.png]

como is helping
oh my GOSH.....
i too am healed by mud

Beautiful wonderful 10000% agree
Give Me Your Coins
on on the topic of traits: those are probably a good space to put the "can shoop into their tiny shell" thing for tipsyturvy

thresh here! we're still neck deep in development for this, but have a look at our (probably incomprehensible) notes forrrrr

our system's shop/market threads so far:
[Image: M2eDQaG.png]

and some features you'll be able to interact with at the beach thread!
[Image: TDHRx1Z.png]
OUGH I'm so excited about some of these... really curious to know what Hyde's lab will be like + also what some of the baked goods would be like! i love food designs for worldbuilds--
[Image: screecher_rainbow.png]
the lab is where you'll be able to sign up your critters for mysterious experiments...we're still figuring out the nature of them, but we're thinking it'll be an interesting way to get your critter modified/edited- with a surprise element!
oh HAL is gonna go NUTS over that i just know it

important question: how do you think piracy would function in this world. i want some little pirate critters but i wanna know what that would look like.... would they steal goods instead of trading for them? hmm
pirates are very much a thing, yes! i'm seeing a lot of boat themed shenanigans here...this could be a lot of fun for me as someone who has a little boat crew >Smile

technically my crew is classifiable as pirates in the goofy cartoon sense of "theyre looking for treasure!" and less in the. actual piracy sense. i think they dress up a little though
oh! something i've been meaning to ask about... do we think the critters have any kind of domesticated pet species? a gentle cow-like beast for farming was mentioned at one point, and i'm wondering if like. the little rodent-like species that can be hunted could also be potentially domesticated+bred

mostly i'm just thinking about a critter running either a pet shop equivalent (get your own mail bat!) or having the equivalent of a lot of chickens as pets/livestock akjsndfjk
i don't see why not! i'd say a pet store would be super welcome- if we make assets for the animals sometime soon (we'd like to!), you could even sell/give away/trade recolors of them...
oh my god please i would LOVE THAT so much....... i'm sure i've rambled to you before about how we really like virtual pet type stuff + wanted to make like, a petz site that was basically a shelter/themed after a traditional pet shop (but without the ethical issues--) and this is the exact vibe we love akjsndfkjng

max's comfypaws is a hunter and trader i think and i can see her trapping little creatures to trade to miel's farmer critter who will domesticate them and then trade them to a pet store ... it's all coming together...
yeah that'd be perfect! maybe instead of "buying" the pet in a lot of cases you have to prove you're ready for them or that they'll bond to you and have it be a cute little roleplay thing of like...

"seller": [prompts the buyer with a challenge- for instance, this pet is lonely]
"buyer": [has to approach the pet in a certain way and come up with an appeal to the pet]
seller: [provides a pass/fail on whether it succeeds or not- this can also be repeated over time if you want ~character growth~ with a critter learning how to handle animals]

and if it passes, they get to take the pet home!

sorry this is a big ramble but i think i like mechanics like this...
OUGHHH yes!!!!! that's such a good idea i love it, and it also works really well with just the in-universe culture that's being established too - it fits the general critter vibes to not just like, give anyone a pet because they handed over goods or a token or whatever. you've gotta prove you're a good match!!!!
if anyone is interested in us theorycrafting suggestions on how a possible shop/market stall/etc could work, let us know! i like theorycrafting this stuff
I'm just extremely excited about fishing and also want my own mail bat lmao.
Though I think for fishing you could do very basic poles for free and then like, rent upgraded poles and/or bait?

Or maybe be able to trade in like, Beach Stuff for fishing rentals. Shells, maybe some rarer things like small treasures, or gather sea plants for crafting/cooking etc. Things the shop could use or barter as well?
sandbar says that sounds like a great idea! it'd be fun to encourage people to roleplay out their characters finding stuff around the beach and offering them up, sort of like a little prompt exercise along with just, showing what each character considers valuable
okay, got some basic info down for the bulletin board subforum...hows this looking/sounding

[Image: M2ZrzIV.png]
[Image: CNBxwjN.png]
I'd add something about updating the title of the thread to mark it as in progress or completed, but aside from that, it looks good! Can't wait to see what people do with this
Artificial lifeform/mechanical construct on a mission to obtain every armor type TCP and also maybe make cool stuff along the way

If you call me a bionicle you are correct

[ARCADE SESSION] [CAVE-IN] [THE ARMOR GUILD] [GENERAL CHARACTER HOARD] [INTRO THREAD] [TCPDEX CHARACTERS]
[ADOPTS]

[Image: WOxKePR.png] [Image: DGVV5eJ.png]
oh yeah good catch! ty
idk if id include image as a requirement, cause people wont necessarily have images of their critters (i know most of us will to recolors, but. still)

im on the fence about it myself as well, but basic recolor rolls Are available via forum cash straight out of the gate upon joining and the bases are extremely free for edits so idk

probably wouldnt hurt to do "text description at minimum, image recommended"?
id prefer that myself, its kinda.. less about the fact that they Are available easily, because even if you roll something it may not be what you want for your character
itd be nice to just have text descriptions for those who want that, in the end the only information that would have a real impact on rp is the critter species after all

yeah that works for me then! i can edit that

anybody got anything else of note? most importantly: Does This Sound Fun
[Image: 453O73l.png]

More
ooh that's neat

[Image: J3faiPR.png]
Wait so is Nexus the town name or the guild name?

nexus = town name

also in 2023 we are bringing back dramatic RP where your character gets hurt and has to recover. we are doing this (optionally)
[Image: 7KfyJEi.png]
[Image: ZzOz2yy.png]

just banging these out
[Image: I4sRFs5.png]
[Image: 6F6Bxkr.png]
[Image: b2ltvRW.png]
[Image: Hm31H0v.png]
[Image: rIHlFGP.png]

that's the last of the Absolutely Necessary stuff...technically we could set up now and be good to go, but i want to get some shops, a general guide to the RP, and a mission set up first. i'm going to leave those a surprise, though!
going start my day with working on some shops, stay tuned
Oh this all looks very cool! ' 'places you can always visit's' phrasing kinda reminds me of wanderhome

this is all very neat!
its very much inspired by wanderhome! the official communal areas are meant to be very freeform and DM-less, so i thought something like wanderhome's "hey if you dont know what to do, here's some ideas" could work out well as a loose but encouraging framework
I also just realized the 'dont go too deep' part of the ocean and now really want to have a critter explore the deep ocean sometime.