Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OFF FORUM BLOG] MINIATURIZED WORKSHOP SIX
Show ContentContext:

MINIATURIZED WORKSHOP SIX
I post whenever I can! Focus on experimentation, discovery, and fun. Try some of my DIY projects.

Index
- Tutorials for Conversion of Complex Scale Items for TCP Use (PINNED)
- TCP DIY Basics
- TCP Gaming Guide
- Journal
- Science for the Brave
(click for more)

Journal: Odd File (Part 1)
Longtime readers might be familiar with who, but an old pal just sent me a CD with a note to 'Check this out Smile'. Given our history, I made certain to put it into a device currently incapable of any outside connections. It is best not to be too careful.

I poked around a bit. It seems to be some sort of virtual pet game? I have seen a couple of these before. but I have never been too fond of playing them. I tend to grow a bit bored of them.

I 'adopted' a couple of 'rasters'...there's a lot of fluff about what they are, but...that's part for the course for these kind of games. Considering the Nosignal...this is inspired by horror media? That's, kind of cute in a way. I suppose I respect the artistic direction there. I'm curious how they managed to get the Bigeyes to look like its often staring directly at me too...I'll have to figure out a way to better comment on this, and...provide pictures.

Comments:
Anon: Hey, I really enjoyed your crane DIY guide. Do you think you could put together some guidance for backhoe models or workshopping one! I have some fun ideas. I can, message you if you'd prefer to talk there. -A

Reply:
Author: Hello, yes. We can talk there. I actually have been working on something similar...it should be relatively simple to get that done.

Journal: Odd File (Part 2)
Alright. In the meantime, I discovered some tools while digging around on the disc. I made some cursory tests on the two rasters I have, Eternity and AEIOU...test names. Not the most creative. I do not believe this is how height was meant to be tweaked, but it has informed me some on how rendering works...

...Eternity now seems to be, emitting sounds? Garble. Into what seems to be a chat feature. Curious. AEIOU has also figured out that feature it seems, but with a couple of words like. 'Long.' and 'Huh.' Curious. Is this a horror simulation? Or, perhaps something more artistic...how was this accomplished. Fascinating. Is this, related to the tweaking or did I simply lack patience...or both.

Comments (0):

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Journal: Odd File (Part 3)
I spent a bit more time playing Friendzoo and just...watching. It's, rather simple. Actually. I just put down the materials they need and watch what they do. I've been observing how they react to some items...also. Apparently there are clothes? I've attached some images of some to this post. I don't have much to note, except that Eternity seems to be a touch quieter when they're out now, though they are not out very often. I also have been keeping an eye on something else the program seems to be doing. My computer is nearly empty, other than some rough notes on ideas I had to photograph this...but. I think I saw AEIOU using the word snapshot. That could be a coincidence, but. I think this game might be incorporating computer files...I should investigate that too.

Comments (0):

Journal: Odd File (Part 4)
...Okay, so. I toyed around with the tools more and tried editing the format of a species some. Specifically, packling. I found the concept of a shipping container version intriguing, so I toyed around with an idea for that...furthermore. Behold. This is still a work in progress, but I think it looks interesting.

I have plugged in an SD card with a lite edition of the online encyclopedia/wiki, the dictionary, and some other tools. I am curious what the game will do with this. I am going to leave it running for a while. I have already set out a large amount of food and water as well. I know not many are reading this, but if you have any thoughts on this, I would be curious to hear...

Comments:
@Sweet_Claws: You think it's a good idea to keep giving the game new tools? Keep hearing spooky things about this lol wishing you luck
Give Me Your Coins
(04-02-2024, 03:59 AM)AceOfNothing Wrote: @Sweet_Claws: You think it's a good idea to keep giving the game new tools? Keep hearing spooky things about this lol wishing you luck

Reply:
Author: It's highly unlikely someone would actually make a game with magic. I don't have a great understanding of that subject, but I imagine some developer just cared a lot about making an interesting system in their game...
(04-02-2024, 05:00 AM)Ignispark Wrote:
(04-02-2024, 03:59 AM)AceOfNothing Wrote: @Sweet_Claws: You think it's a good idea to keep giving the game new tools? Keep hearing spooky things about this lol wishing you luck

Reply:
Author: It's highly unlikely someone would actually make a game with magic. I don't have a great understanding of that subject, but I imagine some developer just cared a lot about making an interesting system in their game...

@Sweet_Claws: I mean I don't think anyone willingly made a magic game, but something is going on with Friendzoo. Some ARG shit at least, it's fun seeing people post stuff. But have you looked into what happens when you give it tools at all? I dunno, seems a little off. But keep things updated on what happens at least. I like your shipping container thing.
Give Me Your Coins
Reply:
Author: ...interesting. What do you mean by tools? Unrelated, but. I could've sworn AEIOU just repeated a word I muttered...the computer I have it running on doesn't have a textbox...probably a coincidence. I will keep an eye on this though.
@SWEET_CLAWS: The SD card with the dictionary? And the Wiki? And probably anything else on the computer, I've heard they eat files. Maybe you can teach it to tell Haiku's or something. If you're wondering if it's coincidence, start talking about something you don't have, see if it repeats words you say. Like when people test their phones for targeted ads lol
Give Me Your Coins
(04-02-2024, 05:51 AM)AceOfNothing Wrote: @SWEET_CLAWS: The SD card with the dictionary? And the Wiki? And probably anything else on the computer, I've heard they eat files. Maybe you can teach it to tell Haiku's or something. If you're wondering if it's coincidence, start talking about something you don't have, see if it repeats words you say. Like when people test their phones for targeted ads lol

Reply:
Author: A...good idea. Though, it would be rather...indicative of something else at play if it does respond...warranting further investigation. I'll get back to you on this.
[CHARMED_LIFE]:

i've heard of this game, and its purported magic qualities... do you mind if i ask some questions about it?
[Image: TCP%20customs.png][Image: 2411]
(04-07-2024, 05:46 PM)skinstealer Wrote: [CHARMED_LIFE]:

i've heard of this game, and its purported magic qualities... do you mind if i ask some questions about it?

Reply:
Author: Of course, of course!
I can talk about whatever I've seen in it so far. Still avoiding spoilers for the moment, as I think that would somewhat ruin the mystery, but, feel free to ask.

I'm still watching what its doing...does seem to be opening the articles on the sd card I've inserted, so...there's. Something going on...the, browsing pattern is curious.