Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[FANDEV] Crossover Morbitians
okay confession: sometimes i will make morbit versions of characters i really like. i do this to my ocs. i do this to my friends' ocs. i do this to characters from media i have a special interest in. HOWEVER i have kept all of this to myself because my interests are very niche and i've never found a place to put it. however i just smartly realized i can make a place to put it

what species would your favorite characters be on Morbit? what about TCP versions of them? if they were a deity, what kind of region would they control, species would they make? if they played TCP (video game), what would their team and strategy look like??

you can use this thread for simply rambling or collaborate with other people with shared interests! i think it'll be fun.
VYN - website programmer and designer
my gallery
...anyways one of my latest Very Prominent special interests has been Corporate Clash, a sort of fanmade reboot of Toontown Online with its own lore and content. in my opinion it plays a lot better than the original TTO and they've worked hundreds of QOL fixes. for this next part i recommend having the wiki open for stuff you don't get.

the latest major update, "Hires & Heroes", does leaps and bounds for fleshing out the lore of the game in a charming way, by reworking some of its old Cog minibosses into characters with unique cutscenes, music, battle arenas, and dialogue... and introducing 16 new characters with that framework. they're very charming and unique little characters with fun personalities and cool themes.

very large image below you have been warned. this is the key art for the update's release, showing off all 16 new characters

Show ContentSpoiler:

wow that's a lot! let me list them off from rough descending order (i'm putting a star on my top 3 jsyk):

Pacesetter (Graham Payser, he/him): wine red suit, sunglasses, holding a mirror
Firestarter (Flint Bonpyre, he/they): orange-brown suit, gas mask and firefighting helmet
Major Player* (Dave BruBot, he/him): brown suit, very top right, piano teeth
Gatekeeper (Holly Grayelle, she/her): gray suit, knight helmet
Prethinker (Brian, he/him): purple suit, brain head
Bellringer (Benjamin Biggs, he/him): wine red suit, bell for a head, on the right
Treekiller (Spruce Campbell, he/him): green suit, holding an axe, stump on his head
Witch Hunter (Prester Virgil, he/him): black suit, holding a torch, old-fashioned sort of hat, left part of the "pyramid"
Plutocrat (Cosmo Kuiper, he/him): blue suit, planetoid head, big icy cigar
Rainmaker (Misty Monsoon, she/they): purple-black suit, big curly hair with lightning bolts; on the very right
Duck Shuffler*** (Buck Ruffler, he/him): green suit, slot machine eye thing and red visor
Mouthpiece (Belle Dama, she/her): blue suit, old-fashioned phone head, very bottom right
Deep Diver (Mary Anna, she/he): teal color, big diving helmet, submerged in the sidewalk
Chainsaw Consultant** (Chip Revvington, he/him): brown suit, chainsaw face, ushanka, bottom center of image
Multislacker (Cathal Ray Toby Bravecog, he/they): purple suit, television head, standing in the background holding a sandwich
Featherbedder (Tawney Esta, any pronouns): brown suit, sleepy owl fella in the very back next to multislacker

ANYWAYS im about to make TCP versions of them
my gallery
you should show off your starbound ones sometime too i say with an evil expression

i dont think i have any crossover characters outside of the old morbitmon but this does make me want to make a TCPsona thread...

also duck shuffler's design is still A+
[Image: TCP%20customs.png][Image: 2411]
I SHOULD I SHOULD I SHOULD YOUR SO RIGHT ill do that after the manager ones i think
my gallery
also before i get started, additional reading that may contextualize these characters more is the ARG profiles (that's a google doc link) which give a lot more insight into their personality and backstory. they're "technically" spoiler-free as all of this is content released before they were added to the actual game, and most of this stuff you cannot find out in game anyways. i will try to keep this as Spoiler Free as possible
my gallery
I feel like I have to include Mr. Crossover himself here.

[Image: image.png]
Eyyyyyyy, super good stuff!!
There's a 95% chance I'm thinking of either a Pun or Mega Man at any given time

[Image: 12_10_10_23_11_44_26.png]Character thread here (always a WIP)! [Image: 12_11_10_23_7_45_27.png]
some initial thoughts before i get concrete types and other stuff down:

Duck Shuffler: key characteristic is his supernatural luck; as a friend has put it, "he could win a chess game using that luck of his". also when he spins his slots the rewards can manifest in sort of magical impossible ways, like spawning currency out of thin air or temporarily turning people into ducks. i might just work with the first point though. amnother key thing is Brian Prethinker fucking up some of his robot internal system trying to perform repairs, so, maybe something

it'd make sense to me for buck to be a hybrid of some kind for a few reasons. he could play into the duck theming in addition to something that emphasizes the ability. maybe an abstract or storage (maybe even a machine???) type?

Prethinker: part of the joke is that he's not like, a super genius? almost all of his knowledge is trivia. i think as a tcp his ability wouldn't play a super huge role or do anything too major, nothing he does is particularly out of the ordinary for a cog. the best of his abilities mainly shine through by putting him in the right environment. a brain (storage) type would be fitting

Deep Diver: nautical/ocean diving theming is pretty important here. ability to dive through solid objects. a typing with a helmet that's part of the body is kind of ideal here, ability isn't too important though. might end up being creature for that reason

Rainmaker: nature type makes a lot of sense for her, the biggest thing is their ability to control and alter the weather based on their emotions. sorry hold on i fucking saw the "weather phases" header of her wiki page again and laughed really hard. she is telling the weather. i need you guys to know this is a very emotional character with a lot of drama in her cutscenes, a lot of which is tethered to her weather abilities, so this is like one of the funniest (100% intentional) tonal dissonances ive ever seen

[Image: Weather_phases_banner.png]

Gatekeeper: i mean it's like right there. knight type. maybe hybrid with armor type because she is VERY durable

Witch Hunter: visually he doesn't have as much of a super distinctive theme like the others do, so it makes more sense here to lean on a typing that would emphasize the ability. in particular what comes to mind is his many fire-themed attacks and his ability to sway crowds into doing things he wants; other cogs at the company are very intimidated by him and don't like him much at all, but still feel compelled to listen. a creature type might be suiting to make this trait a sort of omnipresent part of his character

Bellringer: his bell has very strong healing abilities that have been a huge pain  in my ass!!!!! definitely gotta work with that somehow. a bell type is the pretty obvious answer, but maybe it'd also be interesting for the bell to be an augmented part of him? possibly a food type for the healing? another thing though is that his healing abilities are strongest when exclusively directed at himself, which sort of contradicts with food - but that aspect of him is not important enough to discount food type

Multislacker: similar to prethinker, his abilities aren't extraordinary, so again his ability isn't of too much importance here. so we can lean more on types that visually represent the Vibe he gives off. maybe machine or abstract for that reason

Mouthpiece: important themes are being old-fashioned, her interest in baking, and Ohmy god I could make her a vintage type

Major Player: he has to be like. at least a little fucked up. i want him to have an ability anomaly where like. he just passively compels people to sing, dance, or behave in according to the "tempo" and "rhythm" he sets for a situation, something that is kind of terrifying to undergo because he is always singing and dancing. in a way his mere presence exerts power. i want him to be something mechanical/inorganic, a machine or form maybe even a storage type. i want to shy from weapon type, can't explain why

Firestarter: he starts fires. nature.

Plutocrat: one of the few manage whose battle i havent done that i don't want spoilers for. return later.

Treekiller: ditto plutocrat, but a weapon type would be VERY fitting for him. his weapon type experience would be a fascinating counterpart to chip's.

Chainsaw Consultant: it is VERY hard not to talk about CC's "thing" without going into massive spoiler territory. a weapon type would be especially fitting, but i'm also very tempted to make him a non-weapon typing that had a chainsaw surgically installed in his face for symbolic reasons. might also be a hybrid, for spoiler reasons. i should give him a body type actually because a) body is extremely unrepresented here and b) he is terrifyingly huge

Featherbedder: i think they should have an ability to make people sleepy. owl type/theming is vital though

Pacesetter: VERY fast, his ability alters the speed of time itself which is nuts. or at least the way people around him perceive time; the world is faster, but everyone is still "in sync"; they just have less time to react to things. a typing that does this for him would be metal as fuck.
my gallery
and the post im gonna update with my finalized ideas:

Duck Shuffler:

Prethinker:

Deep Diver:

Rainmaker:

Gatekeeper:

Witch Hunter:

Bellringer:

Multislacker:

Mouthpiece:
Show ContentSpoiler:

Major Player:

Firestarter:

Plutocrat:

Treekiller:

Chainsaw Consultant:

Featherbedder:

Pacesetter:

my gallery
oh my god belle is fucking adorable, i love her

...all of this forum shit makes me want to draw peoples' characters watch the fuck out
[Image: TCP%20customs.png][Image: 2411]

[-]
Quick Reply
Smilies
Smile Wink Cool Big Grin
Tongue Rolleyes Shy Sad
At Angel Angry Blush
Confused Dodgy Exclamation Heart
Huh Idea Sleepy Undecided
[get more]

Human Verification
Please tick the checkbox that you see below. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.