Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crankshaft Memory [Crankshaft Rafflesian Rework}
Pharmacy Arc- A Rabbit Reunion.
CW: None

[Image: kz2CMh1.png]

You get to the pharmacy just fine. You greet the staff, get your meds, and treat yourself to a soda and chips that you’ll snack on as you make your way back.

It’s life in motion, even if it’s in the smallest of ways.

As you walk out, you notice someone familiar, another dopple much like yourself.

He looks back at you puzzled, the two of you taking a moment to make sure what each of you are witnessing is real.

It’s your cousin from back home,

Lex: Yo! Helado!

Helado: Ey, that really you kid? Been forever since any of us have seen you. Missed out on last holiday season and everything.

Lex: I’ve been busy..

Helado: Could’ve called! I’m not mad but you can afford to call every once in a while.

Lex: I know, sorry I’ve been bad about it…

Helado: No biggie, I understand. We just worry, you know? You update your family like once a month.

Lex: Ah.. yeah.

Helado: Call them tonight if you can, think they’d appreciate that.

Lex: Yeah.

Helado: Things haven’t been the same since you left and your grandmother passed you know? Hasn’t been all worse but.. Certainly gets a little empty.

Lex: Ah.. I…

He gives you a pat on the shoulder.

Helado: I’m not here to make you feel shame though, happy to see you’re looking good. Healthier.

Lex: Don’t feel like I am honestly, got some cavities nagging me.

Helado: You got a dentist?

Lex: Been slacking on it.. Plus my insurance is fiddly about who they can get me.

Helado: Mm. I can hook you up, I know a guy. Seems like you’ve been keeping the incisors good though at least.

Lex: Yeah, friends have been keeping on top of that.

Helado: You got a bunch around here?

Lex: Yeah! Met some through college.

Helado: Any special person in your life?

Lex: I mean… yeah. Maybe.

Helado: And you haven’t said shit about it? Damn dude, when your mom and pop find out you haven’t said anything they’re going to annihilate you. How long?

Lex: A few years…? We moved in together a few months ago…

Helado: Yoooo! You’re boned. They’re gonna show up and ask a million questions. You better tell them about that soon before someone else does.

Lex: You going to rat?

Helado: I’m no snitch! Back in the day we’d sneak our trading cards and BB guns in our school bags you know? Made us feel legit.

Lex: I remember that. Always wanted in but you never let me.

Helado: Course, we were up to some dumb shit and I couldn’t let you get hurt you know? Didn’t want you shooting an eye out… wait.

Lex: Hmm?

Helado: Lift your bangs, let me see.

Lex: Oh um…

Helado: I see something peeking out.

You show him your eyepatch.

Helado: Shit! What happened there?!

Lex: The frame got dented in a fight so I haven’t been able to get it repaired. Needs a new lens.

Helado: When did that happen?

Lex: A while ago… Like a year and a half.

Helado: Fuck dude.

Lex: I didn’t want people to worry you know? Like… I know my folks think I’m going to die so far away from home but…

Helado: You should say something honestly. Any way to fix it?

Lex: There’s stuff I can do but.. I’m kinda scared of doctors, so.

Helado: Ah, still?

Lex: Yeah…

Helado: I mean I can’t blame you after what you went through back home. Should get it fixed eventually. You’re still seeing someone about your meds at least yeah?

Lex: Mm.

Helado: Good, good. Same as usual?

Helado: Cool, you need to stay on top of those. I know you used to have a lot of hell without them.

Lex: Took awhile to find a cocktail that worked but.. I think what I got is good enough.

Helado: So tell me about this special person, who are they?

Lex: She’s a dueling official around these parts. Referee for the matches at the local stadium and handles rulings for street matches.

Helado: Dangerous work, people sometimes don’t take well to penalization.

Lex: She’s pretty big, most people wouldn’t start anything with her. She could bench press us easy.

Helado: Bigger than you?

Helado: That’s some terminator stuff. I mean we all knew you were into the tall and strong type so it’s not that surprising.

Lex: Mm.

Helado: You gotta introduce me to her, yeah?

Lex: I mean.. She’s going to get out of work in like 30 minutes. We could drop by and say hi.

Helado: Yeah! I wanna meet her in person, gotta tell her embarrassing stories.

Lex: No!

Helado: Remember the time with the gumball eye popsicle? That shit was nuts.

Lex: Oh my god!

Helado: I kid! But seriously we gotta know, I wanna know who’s been taking care of you out here.

Lex: I mean.. She wanted to meet my family eventually.

Helado: Hurry up then! If we make it there in good time I’ll treat you both. There’s a bomb dessert spot in the area.

Lex: I mean… yeah.  That sounds nice actually….

Helado: Perfect! You know the way?

Lex: Yeah, I’ll lead. Don’t fall behind, I know running’s gotta do a number on your old bones.

Helado: Damn, you talk shit now? Who taught you that?

Lex: Keep up and you’ll see for yourself.

[-]
Quick Reply
Smilies
Smile Wink Cool Big Grin
Tongue Rolleyes Shy Sad
At Angel Angry Blush
Confused Dodgy Exclamation Heart
Huh Idea Sleepy Undecided
[get more]

Human Verification
Please tick the checkbox that you see below. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Crankshaft Memory [Crankshaft Rafflesian Rework} - by ThreadLurkingComorant - 01-12-2022, 07:35 PM