Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Chomper’s CraAaAAaaAaaaAzy Cup and Ball Game! (YEEEEEAAAAH BOOOOOIIIIII!)
Chomper’s CraAaAAaaAaaaAzy Cup and Ball Game! (FUN FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY! FUN FOR THE WHOLE YOU! YEEEEEAAAAH BOOOOOIIIIII!)

Masterpost link: https://homebrewdeviants.com/forum/thread-111.html
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rules: A ball will be put under one of three cups. The cups will be shuffled around, and after Chomper is done shuffling them, you have to guess which cup the ball is under. 
The cup shuffling will be done by way of a written description, with the cups shifting being referred to as left, right, and middle, based on their past position. (See diagram below)
[Image: diagram.png]
[Image: diagram_2.png]
[Image: diagram.png]

L stands for Left, M for Middle, and R for right. Were the circles to be shuffled again, the black circle would be referred to as the left circle.

Cups with caps mode has Chomper put caps on the cups - allowing her to do many more elaborate tricks (such as sticking an entire cup in her mouth) that make the game more fun the watch, but a bit trickier to follow.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Poker Chip Rewards:

Regular Cup Success = 1 chip

Capped Cups Success = 2 chips
(RP prompt, for those so inclined)
You see a folding table, upon which are three red cups, a golden marble, and rather large hydra type sprawled among the cups, playing on their phone. On the table. She has a mouth on each head, a completely grey color palette, and a spiffy outfit, a red suit and tie with a... Rex t-shirt underneath. She perks up at your approach, and starts frantically waving in your direction. “Hey there, stranger! Come play my game!!! It’s the best game in this festival, that’s for sure!” She hops off the table and taps at her phone a bit, and a technopunk song starts blaring at full volume. “C’mon, my table has TUNES!”
[Image: lil_lesbian.png]
Dysthanasia approaches the table with a bit of skepticism, only easing up when they notice the hydra's shirt. Good taste.
"Yeah, uh...nice tunes." They shuffle a bit, glancing over at the rules. "So I get more if I go for the capped cups, right?"
[Image: TCP%20customs.png][Image: 2411]
Chomper makes finger guns at Dysthanasia. "You KNOW it! So, wanna give it a try?" One of her other heads perks up, her left one, Cruncher. "With all due respect, I think it's be better to start at the lower difficulty, to get the hang of the game. There's no limit on plays, and you can alwa-" her right head, Solstice, interrupts. " And we have no idea how to shuffle cups decently, anyway. Especially capped ones. I know the sign says the capped cups will be more interesting to watch, but honestly that's an overstatement." Chomper (the middle head) claps her hand to together to quit their bickering, and faces Cruncher. "If the customer...is that the right word? I don't think they're paying for anything, but this is a free thing, so... whatever. If this person wants to do the capped cups first, that's exactly what we'll do! This is for them!" Cruncher starts to argue, Chomper keeps going. "And YOU-" she says, turning to Solstice, "I know you have your worries, but we got this!" Solstice waits for Chomper to elaborate, but she doesn't. Solstice rolls her eyes and looks down at the table, deciding aruging was pointless anyway - Chomper's impossible to talk to. Chomper faces Dysthanasia again, and points to the cups. "So! You want to try with the capped cups?"
"Yeah. Do the capped ones. If you don't know how to do it decently, that ups my odds, doesn't it?" They raise a brow, leaning in. "Capped cups."
"Right! Can do!" Both Cruncher and Solstice facepalm, But Chomper quickly takes control of the hands, puts the golden ball underneath the middle cup, and caps the cups.
"Ready?" Chomper asks, looking up at Dys looming over the taable.
"Well if the answer's no, toO BAD!"
With that, she starts shuffling the cups.

The left cup is switched with the middle cup.
The middle cup is switched with the right cup.
Cruncher shrugs, picks up the cup in front of her, and puts it in her mouth.
The two cups left on the table are switched.
Cruncher removes the cup from her mouth and puts it on the right side of the other two cups.
Chomper grabs the middle cup and the left cup and juggles them, and puts both of them to the right of the cup un-juggled.
The right and middle cups are switched.
The left and left cup are switched.
The middle and left cups are switched.
The middle and left cups are switched.

"So! Which one is it in?"
Dys watches carefully, taking a moment to nod their head before tapping the middle cup.
Chomper nods, and flips the middle cup over and uncaps it. It's empty. She does the same with the other two cups, and the golden ball is in the left cup.
"You weren't a winner this time, sorry! Would you like to try again?"
"Damn. Really thought I had it...yeah, I'll do another go."
A little green doctor type walks up to the booth, waving back at the excited hydra a bit and places its mitten on the counter of the booth once it arrives. "Hello, if it isn't too much of a bother I'd like to try your game. If... I understand correctly the capped version is harder, so... even though I'd want to try it I think I'll start with a normal game first please to get the hang of it." Wormhole wiggles with its earnubs a bit.
 ~ Chompy -[Image: Trapling_Chompy_1.png]- some well chosen quote -[Image: Trapling_Cinnanom_2.png]- Cinnanom ~
~ I somehow started drowning in tiny cats and I don't know how it happened ~

[Image: Markus_Card_2.png][Image: Teddy_Card_2.png][Image: Ender_Card_2.png]
[Image: Tiny%20TCP.png]
"Alright, another go it is!" Chomper said, rubbing her hands together excitedly. Solstice, who had been abstaining the whole cup shebang up until now, turns to Wormhole and says, "We'll get to you in just a moment. Please hang tight."

Chomper puts the golden ball underneath the left cup, and begins to shuffle.

The right cup is switched with the left cup. 
The right cup is switched with the middle cup.
Cruncher, once again, smiles and sticks the cup in front of her in her mouth.
The two cups on the table are switched.
Cruncher puts the cup in her mouth to the right of the two cups on the table.
The three cups are stacked, the right cup on the bottom, the middle cup in the middle, and the left cup on the top. 
Solstice knocks the tower over to the left, and both Chomper and Cruncher give her a look. She shrugs.
Chomper takes a moment to remember which cup the ball is in, points to each individual cup, and nods ever so slightly when touching the cup right in front of her.
The left and middle cups are switched.

"Alright... sorry about that middle part there. Which cup is the ball in?" Chomper makes sure to give Dys a big grin.
While Chomper waits for an answer, Solstice sneakily grabs another set of cups and a ball from under the table, these cups being black, and the ball red.
"I can get this done while they wait, especially since I don't really have to do tricks or anything. Sorry for the wait."
She puts the red ball underneath the right cup, and begins to shuffle.
The left cup is switched with the right cup.
The middle cup is switched with the left cup.

"Now, which cup is it in?" Solstice asks, looking up from the cups.
Wormhole watches everything closely, and after everything is down just stares at the cups for a bit longer, thinking over its decision, before looking at the right cup. "The ball landed at its starting point, I believe."
 ~ Chompy -[Image: Trapling_Chompy_1.png]- some well chosen quote -[Image: Trapling_Cinnanom_2.png]- Cinnanom ~

Solstice nods, and a smile creeps onto her face. "Precisely. Here you go!" She hands Wormhole a poker chip. "It's not much, but hey! You're the first person to get one! You're ahead of the curve, I guess."

Your chip balance is now: 1
Wormhole nods a bit as they take the chip and would be smiling if they could. "Thank you, and well... since I can play endlessy technically why not go for the more or less safe chip first. That said, I'd like another normal round and then I'll probably try the capped cups, if they're ready by then!"

"Right cup." Dys nods slowly. "Yeah, let's go right cup."
Jinx waves cheerfully, hoping her aura doesn't mess with the speaker system. "Normal game, please!"
A... mass of cubes? Onlookers do a double take at the sight. Yeah, that's a mass of cubes alright.

A mass of cubes slides up to the booth. It doesn't speak, but Chomper hears words form in her head.
"I am Forceps. I would like to play your game, please. The capped cups, if you are able."
Artificial lifeform/mechanical construct on a mission to obtain every armor type TCP and also maybe make cool stuff along the way

If you call me a bionicle you are correct

[ARCADE SESSION] [CAVE-IN] [THE ARMOR GUILD] [GENERAL CHARACTER HOARD] [INTRO THREAD] [TCPDEX CHARACTERS]
[ADOPTS]

[Image: WOxKePR.png] [Image: DGVV5eJ.png]
Dys quietly hopes that Forceps doesn't recognize them- god, that'd be a hell of a mess. Just ignore it, ignore the cubes and they will ignore you back.
(07-02-2019, 09:08 PM)skinstealer Wrote: "Right cup." Dys nods slowly. "Yeah, let's go right cup."
Chomper uncaps the right cup. It's empty. She then uncaps to the middle cup, which is empty, and the left, which has a golden ball sitting at the bottom.
"I'm sorry, it was in the left cup! You're always welcome to try again, though!"

(07-02-2019, 12:46 PM)Pichi2214 Wrote: Wormhole nods a bit as they take the chip and would be smiling if they could. "Thank you, and well... since I can play endlessy technically why not go for the more or less safe chip first. That said, I'd like another normal round and then I'll probably try the capped cups, if they're ready by then!"
Solstice shrugs. "It's not like there's a limit of how many games can be played at once, capped or otherwise."

She puts the red ball underneath the middle cup, and starts shuffling.

Solstice stops shuffling. "Which cup is it in?"

(07-02-2019, 11:07 PM)seppawku Wrote: Jinx waves cheerfully, hoping her aura doesn't mess with the speaker system. "Normal game, please!"
Chomper grins. "Normal game it is!"

Using the red cups and golden ball, but not capping it this time, she puts the ball underneath the right cup and begins to shuffle.

The left and right cups are switched.
The middle and left cups swap places.
The left cup is switched with the right cup.
The middle cup is switched with the left cup.

Chomper stops shuffling, does a little pose, and asks, "So, which cup is it in?"
"I suppose there isn't."

Wormhole falls silent as it watches, looking up at Solstice once she's done shuffling. "It's beneath the right cup this time, right?"

(07-02-2019, 11:55 PM)knux400 Wrote: A... mass of cubes? Onlookers do a double take at the sight. Yeah, that's a mass of cubes alright.

A mass of cubes slides up to the booth. It doesn't speak, but Chomper hears words form in her head.
"I am Forceps. I would like to play your game, please. The capped cups, if you are able."

Chomper rubs her hands together. "Oh, we're able."

Pulling out another set of cups, golden cups with a black ball, Chomper puts the ball in the left cup, caps the three cups, and begins to shuffle.
The left cup is switched with the right cup.
Cruncher sticks the cup in front of her in her mouth. I guess that's her gimmick?
The cups on the table are switched. Cruncher is trying to do... something? With the cup in her mouth? It doesn't look like she's succeeding
The cups on the table are switched. There's a loud crunch.
Cruncher spits the cup in her mouth into her hand, a broken, chewed up mess of plastic and saliva. She puts the cup on the right of the two cups on the table like nothing happened.
The left cup is switched with the right...cup, if it can still be called that.
"What did you do?"  Solstice whispers to Cruncher, her voice tense.
Cruncher doesn't respond. You notice one of her cheeks are bulging. 

"Which...uh, which cup do you think the ball is in?" Chomper asks, a bit unsure herself.
(07-03-2019, 01:21 PM)King-Clod Wrote:
(07-02-2019, 11:55 PM)knux400 Wrote: A... mass of cubes? Onlookers do a double take at the sight. Yeah, that's a mass of cubes alright.

Chomper rubs her hands together. "Oh, we're able."

Pulling out another set of cups, golden cups with a black ball, Chomper puts the ball in the left cup, caps the three cups, and begins to shuffle.
The left cup is switched with the right cup.
Cruncher sticks the cup in front of her in her mouth. I guess that's her gimmick?
The cups on the table are switched. Cruncher is trying to do... something? With the cup in her mouth? It doesn't look like she's succeeding
The cups on the table are switched. There's a loud crunch.
Cruncher spits the cup in her mouth into her hand, a broken, chewed up mess of plastic and saliva. She puts the cup on the right of the two cups on the table like nothing happened.
The left cup is switched with the right...cup, if it can still be called that.
"What did you do?"  Solstice whispers to Cruncher, her voice tense.
Cruncher doesn't respond. You notice one of her cheeks are bulging. 

"Which...uh, which cup do you think the ball is in?" Chomper asks, a bit unsure herself.
Forceps separates itself as it watches, making just enough space for a cube to rotate in place occasionally. It seems to be concentrating? It's difficult to read the body language of a pile of cubes.

After a moment, it "speaks", the cubes coming together again.
"I can't determine the exact location of the ball, but I will choose to assume your friend has abided by the general conventions of the game and ensured the ball remained within a cup. That said, I believe it is in the left cup."
Artificial lifeform/mechanical construct on a mission to obtain every armor type TCP and also maybe make cool stuff along the way

[ARCADE SESSION] [CAVE-IN] [THE ARMOR GUILD] [GENERAL CHARACTER HOARD] [INTRO THREAD] [TCPDEX CHARACTERS]
[ADOPTS]

“Hmmm, the left cup?”
(07-03-2019, 01:21 PM)Pichi2214 Wrote: "I suppose there isn't."

Wormhole falls silent as it watches, looking up at Solstice once she's done shuffling. "It's beneath the right cup this time, right?"

She nods. "Exactly. Now, you mentioned that you'd like to try the capped round next?"

Your chip balance is now: 2
They nod happily as they take the chip, seeming less reversed by now and letting their excitement for the game show. "Yes please!!"

(07-03-2019, 08:11 PM)seppawku Wrote: “Hmmm, the left cup?”

Chomper snapped finger guns in her direction. "You got it! Would you like to go again? Maybe..." She shakes a capped cup with a ball inside, letting it rattle. "Maybe a capped round?"

Your chip balance is now: 3
"Sure thing, stranger!"
(07-03-2019, 02:20 PM)knux400 Wrote: Forceps separates itself as it watches, making just enough space for a cube to rotate in place occasionally. It seems to be concentrating? It's difficult to read the body language of a pile of cubes.

After a moment, it "speaks", the cubes coming together again.
"I can't determine the exact location of the ball, but I will choose to assume your friend has abided by the general conventions of the game and ensured the ball remained within a cup. That said, I believe it is in the left cup."

Both Chomper and Solstice look to Cruncher, who raises her arm in a sign that signifies, "Give me a moment."
She quickly grabs the left cup, and with a twirl and a horrible coughing noise, she uncaps the cup the show the ball, sitting sweetly inside.
Both Chomper and Solstice clap, more for Cruncher than for Forceps. (After the cup is set down, of course)

"Well, I guess you got it right!" Chomper says, handing it...uh, placing two chips on one of the cubes. That should do it. "Congrats!"

Your chip balance is now: 2
The chips pass through the surface of the cube, but they don't come out the other side. Presumably they're still in there, but who knows at this point.

Forceps turns to leave, and spots Dysthanasia.
"Oh! I was not expecting to see you here! Are you well?"

[ADOPTS]

Dys exhales hard, giving a little wave. "Well as I'll ever be. You know the deal." And ideally, you'll keep your mouth shut....if you had one.
(07-03-2019, 08:53 PM)Pichi2214 Wrote: They nod happily as they take the chip, seeming less reversed by now and letting their excitement for the game show. "Yes please!!"

Chomper spits in both hands, rubs them together, and gets ready to RUMBLE.
"Alright, watch carefully!"

She puts the ball into the middle cup, caps it, and starts shuffling.

Cruncher goes to put the cup closest to her in her mouth, but both Chomper and Solstice shake their heads. She puts the cup back where it was.
Cruncher turns the table around.
Chomper goes to put the cup in front of her in HER mouth, but Solstice slaps it out of her hand. It falls off the table.
The cups on the table are switched.
The cup on the ground is picked up and put to the right of the two cups on the table.
The right and left cups are switched.
The right and middle cups are switched.
The left and middle cups are switched.

"Alright, which cup is it in?" Chomper asks, grinning from ear to ear.

(07-03-2019, 09:47 PM)seppawku Wrote: "Sure thing, stranger!"

Chomper nods, and puts the ball in the left cup, and caps it.
"Get ready, get set... go!"

The left cup is is switched with the right cup.
Solstice grabs the cup in front of her and tries to balance it on her head. It hasn't fallen yet.
The cups on the table are switched. Solstice's cup hasn't fallen yet.
Solstice grabs the cup closest to her and puts it on the cup already on her head. It looks precarious.
The cup on the table is... switched? With itself?
Solstice takes the cups on her head and puts them to the right of the cup on the table, putting the cup on the top of her head-tower down first.

"Point to the cup you think the ball is in."
Less confidently, she points at the middle cup.
(07-06-2019, 03:40 AM)seppawku Wrote: Less confidently, she points at the middle cup.

Chomper uncaps the middle cap, glances down, and nods. 
"You got it!"

Your chip balance is now: 5 (wow!)
Wormhole watches the whole thing, chuckling slightly at the bunch of times the hydra seems to disagree with itself and then points at the left cup after everything is done. "It should be there I believe. Also I'd like yet another capped round please!"

Forceps returns, this time with a TCP plush atop it and a funny face painted on its central cube. "Excuse me. I would like to play once more before the festival closes. A capped game, please."

[ADOPTS]

(07-07-2019, 07:33 PM)Pichi2214 Wrote: Wormhole watches the whole thing, chuckling slightly at the bunch of times the hydra seems to disagree with itself and then points at the left cup after everything is done. "It should be there I believe. Also I'd like yet another capped round please!"

Chomper opens the left cup, and shakes her head. She then opens the right cup, which was also empty, and the middle cup. 
"I'm sorry, the ball was in the middle cup! We can get your next round started, though!"

She puts the ball in the left cup, caps it, and starts shuffling.
Chomper pauses, her hands shaking. 
Her other heads have a similar look to their faces, and you can see Solstice and Cruncher looking between each other and the Barbeque. 
With a quick nod, they return to the cups, but seem less focused on them than they were before.
Chomper picks up the middle cup and the left cup, it looks like she's about to juggle again.
Solstice leans in, and you can overhear her whispering, "Bawdry is calling us. You know she gets mad when we don't come immediately. Just end this, we gotta go."
Chomper looks to Cruncher, who reluctantly agrees.
Chomper puts the cups in her hands back where they were. 

"I'm sorry that this round has been awful short but, we've got to go...attend to an issue. Just point to which cup you think the ball is in, and we'll give you your points and go."

(07-09-2019, 09:47 PM)knux400 Wrote: Forceps returns, this time with a TCP plush atop it and a funny face painted on its central cube. "Excuse me. I would like to play once more before the festival closes. A capped game, please."

Chomper gets up from the table, her two other heads in tow, and tells Forceps, "We'll tell Ferris to come over and assist you in a moment. We're really sorry but... we're needed somewhere else."
"Very well. Please ensure your own safety, as well as that of your two friends."

[ADOPTS]

"Oh no, it's fine it's been so short! Unless I'm mistaking again this time it should be in the middle? I hope I'm correct so I can get at least one more plush..."