Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bartholomew’s Shooting Booth (Cheating encouraged!)
Bartholomew's Shooting Booth (Cheating encouraged!)

Masterpost link: https://homebrewdeviants.com/forum/thread-111.html
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rules: This is a very simple game, all things considered. I’ll tell you what three ducks lie before you, you choose which one to aim for, and I’ll roll a d20. You’ll usually need a 20 to succeed, or a 31 if you go for the three-pointer, but you can add die to your roll by creating an advantage… or cheating. This can be anything you can think of - within reason. Don’t be afraid to use your character’s abilities, either! The more clever or useful the advantage, the higher the die added. The more “advantages” you can think to give yourself (that don’t conflict), the more die added.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Poker Chip System:

Regular Ducks = 1 chip

Orange Ducks = 3 Points
(RP, for those so inclined)
It’s shabby looking booth, with a pale teal typeless TCP with a locket around his neck inside, a crank on the side, and what appears to be a metal pole with paper ducks tied to it with string at the back of the booth, behind the rather miserable looking TCP running the booth. He introduces himself as Bartholomew, and with a quick crawl over the counter, he’s at the crank. “Just a few ground rules… I don’t give a flying frick what you do, as long as I don’t get hurt, and as long as you stay right there. You can throw the gun, break the crank, freeze time, whatever, as long as you leave me be. Got it?” He  glances at the Plush Pond, a longing look is his eyes, but quickly shakes his head, and turns to face you again. “Just tell me when to start.”
[Image: lil_lesbian.png]
((these are not actual characters i have, i just felt like making a shitpost))

Two scruffy-looking individuals- a beatfox and an OBJ- are walking past the booth. The OBJ notices the sign and speaks to his friend in a thick foreign accent.
"Ah! Is as I was saying! Come, Ivan!"
"I am not so sure, Dimitri. This is not seeming like the best of ideas."
"Nonsense! This will work." Dimitri, the OBJ, excitedly walks up to the counter with Ivan following behind, a skeptical expression on his face.

"I would like one play, please." Dimitri ignores the inevitable strange look the TCP gives him and waits for the ducks to start moving.
"Dimitri, you are going to hurt yourself. This does not work, I tell you this."
"You see, Ivan..." Dimitri ignores Ivan's protests and holds the pistol like a rifle, fingers wrapped around an invisible barrel far in front of the real one.
"If you hold pistol like me, you will never shoot the inaccurate, for fear of shooting fingers."

Ivan opens his mouth to say something, but before he can, Dimitri takes his shot, aiming for the three-pointer duck.
Artificial lifeform/mechanical construct on a mission to obtain every armor type TCP and also maybe make cool stuff along the way

If you call me a bionicle you are correct

[ARCADE SESSION] [CAVE-IN] [THE ARMOR GUILD] [GENERAL CHARACTER HOARD] [INTRO THREAD] [TCPDEX CHARACTERS]
[ADOPTS]

[Image: WOxKePR.png] [Image: DGVV5eJ.png]
You rolled an 8 on the d20, and on the extra d3, a 1.
That's a 9, unfortunately, not a 31.

Bartholomew winces a bit as he watches Dimitri miss completely, not hitting their fingers, sure, but also not hitting anything close to the ducks. "You had me worried there for a second. While the pellet wouldn't do too much damage, it'd be enough to pierce the skin and... and I'd rather not have anyone leaking fluid near my booth, thanks. Don't be stupid."
Allthrill's mechanical arms hiss with the sound of pressurized steam and clinking metal as he makes his way up to where the targets are, pinwheeling his arms as if he needed to stretch.
He starts the game up without asking about any rules whatsoever.
"IT DOESN'T COUNT AS LOSING IF I DON'T SHOOT THE GUN RIGHT?"
Allthrill grabs the gun in one hand and, with his off hand, winds up backwards and lets loose a supersonic punch, completely forgetting, or perhaps selectively neglecting to care, about the powerful noise and shockwave that would follow, blasting the targets with an absolutely excessive amount of wind pressure.
In the aftermath, Allthrill pulls up the gun, goes for broke and makes the shot for the three pointer.
First d20 was a 9, and the second was a 10,
19, but not a 31
SO
The booth falls apart completely at Allthrill's supersonic punch, burying the game, entirely. Bartholomew barely dodges the rubble, and watches as Allthrill makes a shot for the three pointer at point blank... and misses. He doesn't seem mad, though. It's odd. "Well uh, that's not a win. We'll get Ferris to fix this, he's a mechanic or something. I will have to ask that you leave for now, however. You aren't banned from the game, but..." he makes a few hand gestures. "Whatever that was that you just did will have to be. You could've hurt someone- mainly, me." He pulls out a megaphone and calls into it, "HEY FERRIS. FIX THE BOOTH."

Mod note:
~The shooting booth will be down for a half hour to be fixed, but you can talk to Ferris if you like! He's a cool dude.~
"HUH. GUESS THESE ARMS WEREN'T BUILT FOR PULLING TRIGGERS."
Allthrill shrugs and, in the same motion, tosses the gun into the air carelessly.
"YEAH WHATEVER," Allthrill says, putting up a peace sign as he turns. "PEACE OUT, BITCHES." Heavy metal music begins to play at way too high of a volume as he walks away, audible long into the distance.
UPDATE: The values or success have been adjusted, to try to balance this game a bit. The minimum roll to hit a normal duck is now 16, and the minimum roll to hit the three pointer duck is now 26! Happy hunting!
Forceps slides up to the shooting booth. "I would like to play, please."

Any questions as to how Forceps would even operate a gun, their body being made entirely out of cubes, is quickly answered when one of the cubes floats forwards and simply passes through the gun, raising it slowly. The gun stays halfway clipped inside the cube as if it were always there.

Forceps floats the cube with the gun into the booth, past the attendant, and directly in front of one of the three-pointer ducks, so close it's almost touching. The gun fires.
Artificial lifeform/mechanical construct on a mission to obtain every armor type TCP and also maybe make cool stuff along the way

[ARCADE SESSION] [CAVE-IN] [THE ARMOR GUILD] [GENERAL CHARACTER HOARD] [INTRO THREAD] [TCPDEX CHARACTERS]
[ADOPTS]

A fungal construct arrives at the booth. They are wearing a band t-shirt with what appears to be a cartoon caricature of themself on and writing that is incomprehensible due having been scribbled out with a black marker. "Howdy there! Mind if I give this a try?" Fairbrook asks as they hoist one of the guns onto their shoulder, aim for a regular duck, and fire without waiting for a response.
A witch type adjusts her goggles with a manic grin, fiddling with a mass of wires and pointing a clawed gauntlet at the booth's purveyor with a 'wink'. She smacks the device onto the barrel of the gun, and it lets out a puff of sparks -- a small little robot clambers out of her pocket, past Bartholomew and to the metal pole, clinging and buzzing with the witch type's passive, impulse-laden aura in hopes that he'll be driven to do <i>something</i> under the hex, helpful or not. She shoots at a one-point duck!
d20 + 10... you rolled a 10
That's 20! But not 26, unfortunately.
Forceps can't seem to get all the way into the booth. It appears to be TCP sized, and the space between the front counter and ceiling isn't quite large enough for it to pass through. It shoots from a distance, though still pretty close, and the gun sticks.
Bartholomew shrugs. "Carnival guns, am I right?'

Straight d20... you rolled a 12!
Highest roll someone's gotten so far, but not enough to hit a regular duck, unfortunately!
The gun fires, and it fires straight, but it misses the duck by a hair.
Bartholomew looks at Fairbrook curiously. "You're pretty good with that thing. Want to try again?"

d20 + d6... you rolled a 19 and a 4, respectively!
That's 23, you got it!
The shot shoots the duck without the little robot's help, but in a desire to be helpful, the robot retrieves a chip from Bartholomew's bag. Bartholomew notices, but doesn't say anything, instead choosing to quietly slip a note in the robot's other hand. 
The robot hurries over to the witch-type, and drops a chip and Bartholomew's note into her palm. It looks eager for praise. (The note will be PM'ed, it's an optional minigame sort of thing)
Your chip balance is now: 2
"Unfortunate."
Forceps sets the gun back onto the table, allowing it to fall through the cube again as the cube rejoins the rest.

"I would advise making sure your equipment is functional to ensure a proper gameplay experience."

The cubes slide off towards the other games...

[ADOPTS]

“Why, thanks! Sure, I’ll give it another go.” Again, they aim and fire at a one-point duck.
The witch-type scritches her robot fondly on the head, and one of the lenses of her goggles dims in a wink at the proprietor. She shoves something in her mouth, and waves both arms cheerfully in the air. "That's a nice gun, mishter!"
Straight d20... you rolled a 16!
That hits!

Bartholomew flicks Fairbrook a chip. "Not too shabby. Not what I'm looking for, but good all the same."
He doesn't elaborate, and it doesn't seem like he wants to.

Your chip balance is now: 1

Bartholomew sees the witch's wink, and gives a simple nod in return. "Isn't it?"
Fairbrook grins widely. "Hell yeah! Gimme five!" They stoop down and hold out their hand.
Bartholomew doesn't notice the hand at first, but when he does, he high-fives the hand with a moderate amount of force. He laughs, "For a second I thought you meant five chips, but this is fine."
A corpse type shyly creeps up to the stall.
"Hi-i is this game still going? I heard that the festival would end soon..."
Bartholomew nods. "Yeah, I'm still running the booth. It'll be up for pretty much the rest of the day."
He hands the corpse type the gun.
"Feel free to do anything you like to shoot the ducks, as long as you don't hurt yourself or me in the process."
For the hell of it, pulling on a clawed mechanical gauntlet that clicks into the gun, with an ominous buzz around her and her bag rustling, Jinx takes aim and asks, "Can I try the three-pointer?"
Lira shakily holds the gun up to shoot... BLAM! BLAM! BLAM!
(roughly in the direction of a one point duck)
(07-09-2019, 09:41 PM)seppawku Wrote: For the hell of it, pulling on a clawed mechanical gauntlet that clicks into the gun, with an ominous buzz around her and her bag rustling, Jinx takes aim and asks, "Can I try the three-pointer?"

Bartholomew shrugs. "Go ahead."

(07-10-2019, 01:56 AM)Orange Juice Goose Wrote: Lira shakily holds the gun up to shoot... BLAM! BLAM! BLAM!
(roughly in the direction of a one point duck)

Straight d20... you rolled a 15.
15, unfortunately, is not a 16.

The shot hits the duck, but the duck doesn't fall. 
Bartholomew pauses.
He sneakily kicks the wall, his actions hidden behind the booth.

15 + 1 =...16!

The duck falls, and the TCP hands you a chip without a word.

Your chip balance is now: (I think)
Jinx aims for the three-pointer, mostly steady on her feet, and shoots.