Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AITA for refusing to let my food type friend to heal me?
[INK_AND_PLUSH]: Think I put this in the right spot ahhh.
[INK_AND_PLUSH]: Seen this with Complexes, they normally start with naming their age and gender, but honestly I forget how old we are. Let's see…
[INK_AND_PLUSH]: I (Creature ×2, They/It/Purr) and my best friend/roommate (Creature/food, She/Her)(I will refer to her as Ko) can't seem to agree on this. It hasn't caused any… huge issues, but she's been upset with me lately and I think she's overreacting a bit.
[INK_AND_PLUSH]: Whenever I or anyone gets hurt, she's very willing to heal us. You know, food type and all, and she really hate anyone suffering.
[INK_AND_PLUSH]: I know it's "fun tcp biology" but I have a problem with it being a friend. I'd rather just… either let it heal itself or eat something I bought.
[INK_AND_PLUSH]: Realistically I know what you get in stores also comes from food types, but that small bit of separation is all I need.
[INK_AND_PLUSH]: Now, if I was doing something… reckless and was dangerously injured, I'd of course let Ko heal me and be grateful. But my problems come from her reaction when I get a small injury, like a paper cut.
[INK_AND_PLUSH]: Yes my paw hurts, no I really don't want your tail please. Yes I'd rather have the jerky pieces.
[INK_AND_PLUSH]: I don't feel like that's a big deal! She's upset because I've been helping a different friend with their show's props lately so I've had an increase in like… hot glue related incidents. But nothing serious!
[INK_AND_PLUSH]: I'm also not a huge fan of the food she is. Minor problem but I don't know. 

[INK_AND_PLUSH]: TLDR: I'd rather buy food type pieces to heal minor injuries than have my friend heal me every time I get a paper vet. Am I the asshole?
[INK_AND_PLUSH]: Appreciate any commentary! Thank you for reading. We've been friends for a long time and this won't like end it, but I want to know if I'm missing something.  

(OOC: RATING SYSTEM for people unfamiliar
YTA: You're the asshole. This implies the OP is wrong and should take a look at the situation again.
NTA: Not The Asshole. This implies the other person is the asshole (Ko in this case)
ESH: Everybody Sucks Here. Everyone is wrong very wrong.
NAH: No Assholes Here. No one is an asshole. This doesn't mean no one is wrong, but it means you're not being an asshole. It just means op might need to take a look from the other person's POV  

You are also welcome to ask for more information if something feels vague or needs clarification. Then OP may or may not respond. 

A technical response would look like: 
"NTA 

Reasoning or explanation or some other statement"
But you don't have to follow form exactly

I can make a follow-up post with a different character as kinda an example if needed)
Give Me Your Coins
[TASTY_TREAT]:

NTA, imo.
i am not a food type by any means but i work in preparing food type ingredients into meals, and there's nothing morally wrong with preferring that over stuff directly from someone you know! it's a big part of our culture, but even in the industry i know a lot of people who are more squeamish about this kind of stuff. even complexes have this issue with meat sometimes- while it's not directly analogous, some people just do not like thinking about the fact that there's an animal on the other side of the process.

maybe i'm reading this wrong, but seriously, NTA. you're fine.
[Image: TCP%20customs.png][Image: 2411]