Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A Day With Prophet [HIATUS]
This isn't a story. This isn't some dramatic tale that ends fighting a god, this doesn't end with anyone falling in love, this won't make you cry from it's beauty, this is just the day of a cat. 
It is also important to remember that you are not the cat. Maybe you get to influence them today, but you aren't them. They may make their own decisions.
Whether you answer or not, the world will move on.

Well, we have to begin somewhere. Introductions it is,
Your options are:

Prophet

• Full name Princeton Waxer
  • Tcp, facebank type 
  • Storage ability questionable, teleportation???, utility belt necessary
  • Best quality is his dedication to getting everything done he has to.
  • Worst qualities are his unwillingness to talk (plan ahead for any conversations, they will only be one or two updates long) and people's Faciemripaephobia
  • Prophet has a lot to do today

There is no one else.

Will you proceed?
Yes or No
Give Me Your Coins
Proceed: Yes
You betcha I will!
[Image: lil_lesbian.png]
If I select no you're either going to do it anyway or I'm going to hurt the author's feelings. So a tentative 'maybe'
If you select no Prophet personally comes to your house and eats your loose change. All without breaking eye contact.
[Image: lil_lesbian.png]
Yeseree
Oh right we have signatures
I mean, if it makes you feel better, I'd just give you the option again if No was chosen, so you're not wrong. This is A Day With Prophet after all.

Selected: Yes

You find yourself in a fairly empty apartment, the only notable items being the couch, the computer desk, and the fridge. There's a few things on the floor, crumpled papers and two separate unfinished puzzles. Prophet doesn't spend a lot of time here honestly, he hasn't even put up the TV he bought a few months ago. 

Speaking of Prophet, he's currently at the computer, talking to two of his friends. Maiden and Streamy can't really get out to meet any other cats, so they're limited to online chatrooms and such. They're both a lot more energetic than Prophet, so he feels bad they're stuck where they are.

Prophet is a facebank type TCP, meaning he has a desire for coins and stores them in his giant mouth. He has made himself useful to many people, and has a goal of getting 10 coins per day, which is not that difficult. He's feeling a bit more chatty than usual today, possibly due to our influence. You should still expect cheek slapping.

Prophet also has an uncoordinated teleportation ability. It is unclear, to him, if this is a facebank ability or his own, he has met other cats with it. It does however help him get where he needs to be without being concerned about time or where he is currently, but when he's stressed he can't control it. 

Prophet had several things he has to do today. He needs to visit Kokona, she owes him a coin. He has to go to Cake's Bakery and pick up two orders. He's got an art class later, and he needs to see the stars, but those aren't important now. There's probably other things, but he can't remember at the moment.

You have four options

1.Talk to Maiden and Streamy some more.
It may be rude to leave without saying goodbye. You can suggest things to ask them if you'd like.

2. Visit Kokona 
This probably won't be a long conversation, but Kokona may give you something else to do. Or she may not be home. You never know. You will need to teleport.

3. Go To the Bakery
Cake is friendly. Parsimonious and Drake may be there too, which means you can get at least 1 extra coin. You will walk here.

4. Other
Prophet is open to suggestions. Dont be ridiculous.

You are welcome to pick more than one, and number your choices.

0/10 coins

Which do you choose?
Give Me Your Coins
Spend some time checking the couch cushions for coins. Go to the bakery and stop to check the coin return of every vending machine on the way.
talk to streamy and maiden! do those two also know each other? is there a group chat? Should there be a group chat?
no longer active
>Turn to the dark side of etiquette and leave the chatroom without saying goodbye.
>then visit the bakery
Oh right we have signatures
Its probably more than a day trip, but I think you would love the Wye River over on the Eastern Shore. BTW, Dawn Treader is a great name too -- who gets to play Reepicheep?
[Image: gTr3xzV.png]

I put this on hiatus but honestly I'm just gonna have to close this for now. I'm upset at myself for that really.
2020 was a lot more than I expected and I don't have the mental energy to go back to this. This was supposed to be kind of a break from things, but it just got pushed to the side and picking it back up has been difficult. I've tried, and I've thought about it a lot, so for now this just... isn't happening. Maybe one day Prophet will get to do everything he needs to do.

I do plan on starting something else soon. A lot easier commitment wise and easier to pick up and put down at random.
Hopefully people understand. I am sorry. I feel silly about this.
Give Me Your Coins

[-]
Quick Reply
Smilies
Smile Wink Cool Big Grin
Tongue Rolleyes Shy Sad
At Angel Angry Blush
Confused Dodgy Exclamation Heart
Huh Idea Sleepy Undecided
[get more]

Human Verification
Please tick the checkbox that you see below. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.