Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Masa con Papas: Proxy's Memory
CW: Discussion of Trauma
[Image: image.png]
Charon: I’m going to put everything on the line to-
Manzana: You little-!

Manzana: You’re really offering a contract to me? Like you’re one of those cons from another world?

Manzana: You’re fucking serious. Doing a fantastic job making me feel good about all this.

Charon: I… pardon?

The tone in her voice was distinctly Manzana now, any trace of Platino gone.

Manzana: I don’t think this is funny. I don’t know everything about what you and Platino said to each other online but I’m pretty sure he’s let you in on what kind of shit we've gone through with this.

Manzana: The calzones on you…

Charon: I didn’t think it’d strike this hard of a nerve…

Manzana: It does! I’ve spent so much time with this sort of thing and it still freaks me out.

Manzana: I… I don’t know what you even are anymore. You’re a dog, you’re a fiend, you’re a hero in another world..

Manzana: You and your friends don’t exist in reality anymore. At least Geezer I know is a real person… you…

Manzana: I don’t even know what you are.

Charon: Too many things at this point.

Charon: I’m amazed I haven’t mutated in a way that’d caused me to fall apart…

Manzana: But you still want to make a contract? You know that shit changes both you and the person who signs if you aren’t careful.

Manzana: What if your whole being collapses? Do you really want to end up like most of these drafters? Stuck as a ghost in the heads of people?

Charon: I… thought I had something going on for a moment.

Manzana: What were you even going to offer?

Charon: I was planning to give you access to my magic, I can tell you hold back.

Charon: I think.. You could be the one to stop Ali.

Manzana: Me? She’s my mom.

Manzana: I’ve got the gun but she knows I won’t pull the trigger. I hate it but…

Manzana: Had plenty of chances if I wanted out but…

Manzana: Part of me’s scared.

Manzana: And part of me, even with everything… wants her to just be okay.

Manzana: She’s a real bastard but… I want her to be fucking normal.

Manzana: I want to see her live her life normal. She’s got something wrong with her, you know?

Manzana: Coughs a lot after work, eats alone in a dark room, tosses and turns every night.

Manzana: She deserves whatever she gets coming most of the time but… I dunno.

Manzana: Caring about someone who’s hurt you… I don’t know if you’d get that. You and your little family having figured out how to be happy and all…

Charon: Wish it was that simple. Grandma Erica’s done me dirty and right now I’ve got a ghost in my head trying to make amends.

Charon: Can’t blame them entirely though and I know it’s not the same but…

Manzana: Ghost?

Charon: His name is Styx. My fault we met in the first place but…

Charon: Left me injured for life and with a limp. Geezer without his original body..

Manzana takes a good look at you.

Manzana: The prosthetics?

Charon: Originally just braces of sorts. When you’re part fiend, sometimes your body develops a bit slow in spots. Limbs weren’t functional enough yet so we used some add ons to supplement..

Charon: Styx’s contract stunted it, caused the metal to grow in a bit…

Charon: Steel nerves and wires bored into my flesh and bone. We modified it overtime but…

Charon: Sorry. Derailing.

Manzana: It’s fine, had no idea….

Manzana: Haven’t noticed a limp much but you’re a bit slow walking so..

Charon: Try to cover it with my posture. Don’t like people feeling like they have to help me out too much.

Charon: Need to use a cane at times though, especially in this windy area.

Manzana: Mm…

Manzana: I get what you mean…

Manzana: I refuse to sign a contract but…

Manzana: Platino and I want a promise.

Charon: A promise?

Manzana: Mm. Opera said you love making those and you tend to keep them.

Charon: I can do that.

Manzana: Save whatever contract you're going to make for someone you know who’ll get the job done.

Manzana: Find a way to take down Ali… if you can even deter her, I’d be willing to stick around.

Manzana… we’ve been keeping your friends waiting. Sure Geezer and Opera are done working on the bus by now.

Charon: Mm..

Manzana: If I need to back out, I will but… I’ll do as much as I can.

Manzana: Just… stay safe. I know your side of the family loves to play tough but...

Charon: Promise I will.

Manzana: Thank you... that's what I need to hear.

Manzana: Let's get going then.

[-]
Quick Reply
Smilies
Smile Wink Cool Big Grin
Tongue Rolleyes Shy Sad
At Angel Angry Blush
Confused Dodgy Exclamation Heart
Huh Idea Sleepy Undecided
[get more]

Human Verification
Please tick the checkbox that you see below. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Immortal Husk - by ThreadLurkingComorant - 10-31-2021, 03:49 PM
RE: The Immortal Husk - by ThreadLurkingComorant - 11-04-2021, 10:01 PM
RE: Masa con Papas: Proxy's Memory - by ThreadLurkingComorant - 11-28-2022, 07:03 PM