Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Masa con Papas: Proxy's Memory
The Path of Most Suffering
[Fourteenth Reading]
CW: Mentions of fear, death, verbal abuse.
Perspective: Charon Judgment

[Image: JESUS_CNADLES.png]

You finally wake up.

You no longer feel Styx’s presence. Wherever he is right now, he’s cut off communication with you.

You look around in your candle lit room.

You see a gift left for you, a note attached.

“The boss left you something, a gesture from someone close to you.

Wash up, put this on, meet me outside

-Esperanto.”

You unwrap the present. A fresh change of clothes with a coat.

You recognize the material as being laced with fiend silk, famous for its ability to protect the wearer from a variety of supernatural ailments and attacks.

You need to confront Esperanto about last night.

With Styx’s warnings of an intruder, you have to wonder what exactly they’re looking for.

You follow the instructions without a moment of hesitation. You could be playing into something dangerous, but you’re surrounded by allies.

Still, you wonder why someone outside of all this has been brought in. Rosario isn’t part of the original group either but… her vibe feels like a natural fit at least.

Esperanto is odd, distant, a little menacing to be frank. Someone hired by this mysterious person who’s gathered everyone.

Whoever this is seems to be aware of who you all are. They didn’t invite you with Geezer, so it’s very likely they had no idea where you even were. Maybe they got lucky and nailed two birds with one stone.

It’s a bit odd though, this had to be someone with knowledge of the angel pocket in detail. Maybe they’re Hickory? One of the few folks from back then who seemingly isn’t here. Fenton made it more than clear they’re fine.

What if they’re in a dangerous situation? What if they’re collecting info for this heist and can’t compromise their location?

You’re a little worried now admittedly.

The fiend silk? Erica? Arabis? This doesn’t make sense…

The stitching is certainly the latter’s work, he must be in contact in some way but…

Erica is way too hands on to not be here herself if given the offer.

Did they know you’d be here all along? How’d they get this over so quickly? A few folks in your group are capable of warping from the Judgment House to Plaza quickly enough.

Opera? No, she doesn’t seem to know who’s in charge and isn’t the type to keep this sort of thing hidden.

Fenton? Maybe but… you haven’t really spoken to him either.

Nobody in your family has the capacity to do that themselves…

You get the outfit on, it’s a comfortable fit. It wouldn’t be too hard to have someone figure out your measurements if they’re in contact with folks who were able to track you and Geezer down.

Doesn’t matter, you’ll find out soon enough.

As you make your way toward the nearest exit and spot them outside as promised…

[Image: Those_who_further.png]

Face to face...

Charon: We need to talk.

Esperanto: We do.

Charon: What do you want with me? Can’t imagine this is standard protocol. The flashback, the dreams, whatever you’ve done to my proxy…

Esperanto. I thoroughly background check those involved in this, but since you’ve appeared without any info given I have to be extra cautious and well…

Esperanto: Certainly are someone of interest. You’ve been through quite a bit from a young age.

Esperanto: More than most could even imagine in their life.

Esperanto: Gives me more reason to make sure you’re suited for the job.

Charon: I’d like to think given I’m just as personally motivated to follow through with it as the others, I have more right than you.

Esperanto: Maybe. You’re certainly a promising one for being so early and yet..

Esperanto: The choices you made have me concerned. You’ve made deals and contracts that make me doubt your decision making down the line.

Esperanto: A knight is risking a lot with each client, and I don’t know if you’re suited to this occupation frankly.

Charon: I’ve done my work, I deserve to find that out myself.

Esperanto: We’ll see. I’m watching you closely over the next couple of weeks, don’t disappoint.

Charon: Who are you to make the call anyway? How’d you get a hold of something like this?

Esperanto: A secret for now, all you need to know is that I’m fulfilling a favor long owed. It really doesn’t come down to me though, honest. I just report what I see and well… if what you display doesn’t wow? I will strongly suggest against your involvement.

Esperanto: Though with that little devil in your head I can’t help but already wonder..

Charon: If you need to observe anything, do it the normal way.

Esperanto: Can’t really trust you with that, you’re far from honest.

Esperanto: Lying to yourself even, that poor proxy’s been feigning courage even harder than you.

Esperanto: The form it takes now is the truth. Timid, insecure, not long for this world…

Charon: Back off.

Esperanto: If you want to prove me wrong, show some teeth. Not that it matters, I know everything you’re scared of. All it takes is one good look into your soul.

[Image: Misery.png]

Esperanto manages to grab you faster than you can react, a deathly vision mirrored in your eyes. It pierces your mind and body like wet paper to a scorching knife. No matter how hard you try, you can't break through the illusion at hand... It takes everything within you to not scream...

Esperanto: I can see every fear, every intrusive thought, and every crack in your foundation…. You’re an anomaly really. One eye sees the world and the other sees the truth, and anytime you look in the mirror you can’t deny what you see.

Esperanto: Thankfully we have plenty of time to fix that…

Esperanto tightens their grip on you.

Esperanto: When we’re done, you’ll cast away only ignorance and that vile squatter’s magic. You won’t need to hide behind that little shade anymore. When I’ve purged you of all that dead weight, you’ll know who you really are.

Charon: Leave them out of it.

Esperanto: Of all people to defend… you’ll be the death of you and everyone you love…

Esperanto releases you. The visions clear up, you feel reality start to ground you again.

Esperanto: That’s enough from now, really managed to keep a poker face through all that..

Charon: Didn’t have to go that far….

Esperanto: I think I did, it’s only going to be harder from here. I’m not apologizing for what I said, not until you prove me wrong.

Esperanto: Spar with me.

[-]
Quick Reply
Smilies
Smile Wink Cool Big Grin
Tongue Rolleyes Shy Sad
At Angel Angry Blush
Confused Dodgy Exclamation Heart
Huh Idea Sleepy Undecided
[get more]

Human Verification
Please tick the checkbox that you see below. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Immortal Husk - by ThreadLurkingComorant - 10-31-2021, 03:49 PM
RE: The Immortal Husk - by ThreadLurkingComorant - 11-04-2021, 10:01 PM
RE: Masa con Papas: Proxy's Memory - by ThreadLurkingComorant - 09-04-2022, 07:09 PM