Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Masa con Papas: Proxy's Memory

A Moment of Quiet
[Reading 4.5]

Perspective: CHARON JUDGMENT

CW: None

[Image: demGKGY.png]

Mercury: Before we continue, think we gotta address something?

Charon: Oh?

Mercury: Something I noticed during our little spar. You’ve been able to cast and summon all those blades without directly summoning your proxy?

Charon: Mm…

Mercury: It’s pretty impressive… casting quietly on reaction and that consistently takes a lot of work. Proud of you there.

Charon: I try to put in the work where I can… hasn’t been the easiest but…

Mercury: I mean that’s good, means you’ve grown up a ton. That said wel.. I can tell you haven’t kept up with all your studies.

Charon: What do you mean?

Mercury: You’ll see in a sec. Summon it.

Charon: Now?

Mercury: Now.

On whim, a towering floral entity manages to manifest itself out of seemingly nothing. Despite it’s faceless nature, you can feel it’s gaze on the two of you.

Mercury reaches out toward it.

Mercury: That your proxy?

Charon: Mmhmm.

Mercury: Mind if I look closer?

Charon: Go ahead.

She pulls it’s head a little closer and examines it very carefully for a good while.

Charon: Is there something wrong?

Mercury: On the outside? Not at all. It’s growing strong and healthy. A tad softer but in a way that’s probably good for both of you.

Charon: That’s a relief-

Mercury: Keyword is both of you.

Charon: What do you mean?

Mercury: I mean it’s disconnected from you… it’s not entirely you right now.. It’s not exactly its own person either. You aren’t still under contract, are you?

Charon: Absolutely not, terminated it years ago.

Mercury: That’s odd…

Charon: What are you looking for?

She ignored him and grabbed its hand.

Charon: Well? What’s wrong?

Mercury: You’re bottling. I can’t detect a thing looking at you but your proxy is the manifestation of everything that makes you up. Poor thing can protect you from any attacker but it sure can’t lie.

You grow silent.

Mercury: You can’t use your proxy to the fullest anymore because you got all sorts of feelings you refuse to address. You’re desynced.

Charon: Mm..

Mercury: You may be harder and stronger on the outside but you’re really hurting yourself where it matters.

Charon: I’m sorry…

Mercury:  Don’t apologize to me, this is your problem.

She let go of the Proxy and gave it a pat on the back.

Mercury: That said, you made a point of getting involved in everyone’s problems including mine so I don’t mind returning the favor there. Talk to me.

Charon: I’d rather not dump like this-

Mercury: I don’t want to hear that. People bottle up all the time and say shit like that as an excuse to keep doing it.

Charon: It really is a lot.

Mercury: Then we’ll do this little at a time.. If you’re willing. I can’t exactly force you to suddenly open up to someone you haven’t seen in a decade like that but… you know.

Charon: …

Mercury: Promise you though that you’ll be safe talking. May not be practicing officially yet but I gotta make sure you feel comfortable if you do.

Charon: You… have a license?

Mercury: Had to do something over the last few years right? Decided to go back to school, maybe take some classes that’d help me figure myself out… and then I guess I just figured I wanted to help people. Go figure.

Charon: I never imagined you as a shrink but… it’s a welcome surprise.

Mercury: I may be a slug but I found something new in life pretty quick.

Charon: Certainly shows your salt in life.

Mercury: Really have the backbone to make a gag like that?

Charon: Can’t be helped.

Mercury: You smiled so I can forgive you this one time. So-

Charon: So you’re willing to help me out? I don’t want to impose.

Mercury: I mean the way I see it, it helps you and it helps me. If we’re doing this job I want you to be able to use your proxy to the fullest.

You look over to your ghostly friend.

Mercury:  We can schedule something while we still have time, maybe overcome a few pits and figure it all out?

Charon: Mm… I’ve never really had a psych before so it’s something I’d like…

Mercury: I mean I know you personally outside of a professional context, so I can’t exactly BE your doctor but I can still hear you out and help you brainstorm it.

Charon: You can tell me if it’s ever too much.

Mercury: I don’t think it will be. Might get hard at times and I may ask for a break here and there but… as long as you’re willing, I won’t abandon you.

Charon: Mm…

Mercury: Got a few things to get done right now so I can’t do something proper just yet but if you wanna talk after the meeting? I’m down.

Charon: Absolutely.

Mercury: With that said, you’re surrounded by friends right now, a few of which we gotta catch you up with.

Charon: Geezer too.

Mercury: Yeaaaah, he was supposed to be here today. We should catch him up too, can’t imagine what he’s like these days.

Charon: You might be shocked honestly.

Mercury: Really now?

Charon: Pretty confident in it, hoping he makes it back soon so you can see for yourself.

Mercury: Any sort of hints? Is he tall? Grew a mustache? Bet he went full cowboy…

Charon: Soon.

Mercury: You can’t leave me hanging on that.

Charon: You got one of those right.

Mercury: Knew it. He’s going to walk in and give the whole crew a big howdy.

Charon: I hope not…

[-]
Quick Reply
Smilies
Smile Wink Cool Big Grin
Tongue Rolleyes Shy Sad
At Angel Angry Blush
Confused Dodgy Exclamation Heart
Huh Idea Sleepy Undecided
[get more]

Human Verification
Please tick the checkbox that you see below. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Immortal Husk - by ThreadLurkingComorant - 10-31-2021, 03:49 PM
RE: The Immortal Husk - by ThreadLurkingComorant - 11-04-2021, 10:01 PM
RE: CORAZONES - Masa Con Papas (Formerly the Immortal Husk) - by ThreadLurkingComorant - 12-15-2021, 04:45 AM