Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
TCP: RECOVERY SESSION
let her know that alto may be a few minutes, but that we agree about tenor and gumby!! maybe once they leave we should ask tenor if they want a cape or some clothes too?(a super cute update as always!!!!!<3)
I want to ask Moll if they've ever played TCP before. I kind of feel like this is their first time, and that in a weird way we know more about the game than they do. Do they know who else might be playing?
Oh right we have signatures
You wonder if you should ask Tenor if they would like some clothes after your guests leave. As you consider this, you notice a new sticky note manifest in the godspace!

[Image: 6otWEnA.png]

You return your attention to your call with Moll.
talking to: MOLL Wrote:
SOMBROUS: Haha, yeah they sure are! I'm uh... Not sure if Alto will be ready to hang out right away though.
SOMBROUS: Also, quick question: have you played TCP before?

MOLL: Aw that's okay! I hope she's taking care of herself. C:
MOLL: And yeah, I've played a few games! Well, maybe more than a few. Quite a few?
MOLL: I feel like I have a good handle of most of the mechanics at this point, so let me know if you have any questions! ^__^

SOMBROUS: Oh, actually, I was wondering... Do you have any idea who else might be playing?

MOLL: Oh! Well, like I said earlier I think Limestone miiiiiiiiight be playing? It said it would if it had time so I'm hopeful that they got into this session! Other than that I'm not too sure but I'm really hoping Limestone is here, I think it would appreciate having another collective around.
no longer active
Indulge in a momentary curiousity about our godspace: can we make a sandwich and then eat it?
Then turn our attention back to our tcps, see how they're getting on with the newcomers.
aw definitely let's check in on tenor again - is there anything else we need t ask moll tho? (Sandwich time..)
is there a manual? a list of rules we could check? it never hurts to be prepared! We have the list of commands but that seems more like a tutorial.
Let's check in on the tcps and see what they're up to and what they want to do while hanging out
SOMBROUS: Well, is there a manual? A list of rules or something? We have a list of commands, but that's about it.

MOLL: Oh right! You're like, really really new to this. I kind of forgot, sorry!
MOLL: So TCP is a "game" created by this guy named Wax, IDK much about him honestly, but it's meant to teach gods about responsibility and stuff.
MOLL: Each game's got at least five players and each player gets to spawn five TCPs! After that happens, it's possible for the game to be won.
MOLL: You win by being the last team standing! There's a good way of doing that where you ally everyone else playing so it's like you're all one team or the bad way where.... kitties get hurt and it sucks and is stupid! So I just don't do the bad way it's easy. C:

CREATE: Sandwich in godspace

[Image: UtFypoU.png]

That's a good sandwich! You made it exactly how you like it.

Turning your attention back to the TCPs, you see that the marimo types have made it back to home base where Alto has been waiting.

[Image: ypPjbqg.png]

Alto immediately pulls Tenor into a tight hug.

[Image: hIlnS6W.png]

After a moment she detaches herself and Tenor offers to play some music on the jukebox. Gumby settles down on the cushions, letting Alto check out its cape while the TCPs chat.

[Image: tpCUEfL.png]
no longer active
that sounds like a nice way to play, moll! we’d prefer that to fighting, do you want to ally and go from there?
Sounds nice but what's the plan if somebody does go for the bad way?
Your friendly neighborhood dumbass/Goblin
[Image: she_is_talking.gif]
SOMBROUS: That sounds like a nice way to play, but what's the plan if somebody does go for the bad way?

MOLL: Um, well that can be tricky but you just gotta be smart! And stubborn.
MOLL: It's almost always possible to disable an enemy without having to actually kill them.
MOLL: After that, it's just a matter of waiting them out. Usually violent players get bored if they can't overpower you or force you to fight back!
MOLL: Sometimes you can convince them to ally using the kitties you've captured as bargaining chips. Which... Okay, I know that sounds a bit mean but it's WAY better than everyone fighting each other until someone gets really hurt! Plus that way they get back to their teams sooner so its Mostly a win-win scenario.

SOMBROUS: That does definitely sound better than fighting at least. Do you want to ally and go from there?

MOLL: OH!!!! Yes!
MOLL: I'll send you a request to ally right away!! Yaaay friends! : D

MOLL would like to become ALLIES. Do you accept?
Y/N
no longer active
ok Y is apparently too short for the forums so here's a preamble
Y
[Image: lil_lesbian.png]
*SLAMS THE Y BUTTON*

to Moll: FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEINDSHIIIIP HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
y!!! hehe ty moll, we look forward to working with you!
[Image: iw29ZnX.png]
You and MOLL are now allies!
SOMBROUS: FRIENDSHIP HOOOOOO!!!!! We look forward to working with you!!

MOLL: Yaaaaaaay, me too! Should we-
MOLL: Oh, hang on.
The TCP limit is now 9.
no longer active
SPAWN: VESSEL TYPE
Vic/Puck - Morbit Discord and Forum Mod - TCPdex Team Member -  Wiki Contributor
Ageless Fae Lord - They/He/It
[Image: 3873]
[Image: candle_mini_pixel_by_gasara-d5p3lty.gif] [Story Hoard] [Image: candle_mini_pixel_by_gasara-d5p3lty.gif] [Random Hoard] [Image: candle_mini_pixel_by_gasara-d5p3lty.gif] 
Edit: Actually, we should probably wait on spawning a new cat. We have two already, after all.
don't spawn anything, if there's 5 players and the limit is only 9 we would steal a tcp from someone else
we already have two cats
 ~ Chompy -[Image: Trapling_Chompy_1.png]- some well chosen quote -[Image: Trapling_Cinnanom_2.png]- Cinnanom ~
~ I somehow started drowning in tiny cats and I don't know how it happened ~

[Image: Markus_Card_2.png][Image: Teddy_Card_2.png][Image: Ender_Card_2.png]
[Image: Tiny%20TCP.png]
ditto on the no spawning
MOLL: Whew, okay! Got my cat, how about you?

SOMBROUS: I didn't spawn anything.

MOLL: What? Why not?

SOMBROUS: I already have two TCPS so I thought it would be better to wait. If there's five of us playing and the limit is 9, I would end up stealing a slot from someone else. I wouldn't want that.

MOLL: ...

[Image: lnxBOhO.png]

MOLL: You're just full of surprises, aren't you, Nightgown?
MOLL: I love it! That's super sweet of you, Sombrous.
MOLL: Normally I'd be just a teeeeensy bit worried about you letting other players potentially get the advantage with numbers when you're trying to go pacifist, but since we're a team that's not really an issue!
MOLL: Plus any good will you might earn with the other players... Even though you were being kind, I'd say it checks out strategically too.

SOMBROUS: Oh! Glad to hear it.

MOLL: This does mean I'm gonna be busy for a few minutes while I get my new TCP settled though. I really shouldn't keep her waiting too long. :/
MOLL: You can check in with the TCPs or try striking up a conversation with the other players? I think everyone should be in the game by now.
MOLL: Anyway, I'll talk to you in a bit. Seeya!

Moll hangs up to help get her new TCP oriented, leaving you alone to choose your next course of action.
no longer active
Is there a phone book or something to call the other players? I dunno, check in the tcps, then talk to a rando and hope for the best.
Let's take a quick look at the TCPs first and see how they're doing. If they seem content, we'll start looking for other players to call.

By the way, Moll, what type did you spawn just now?
Artificial lifeform/mechanical construct on a mission to obtain every armor type TCP and also maybe make cool stuff along the way

If you call me a bionicle you are correct

[ARCADE SESSION] [CAVE-IN] [THE ARMOR GUILD] [GENERAL CHARACTER HOARD] [INTRO THREAD] [TCPDEX CHARACTERS]
[ADOPTS]

[Image: WOxKePR.png] [Image: DGVV5eJ.png]
We should make something that our tcps can use together. Alto like the scooter didn't she? How would feel about a small scooter park, with lots of ramps and curves? (Do we have room for that im not sure)
If she's up for it, make it, as well as another two scooters and helmets.
^ask moll about her new tcp when she calls back, and see if we can contact anyone else
Am I the only one who feels the something slightly off about Moll?
(05-23-2020, 08:13 PM)Dzib 9001 Wrote: Am I the only one who feels the something slightly off about Moll?

maybe they're a criminal
You wanted to ask Moll what type of TCP she spawned, but since she's already hung up, you decide to ask her later. Immediately, another sticky note appears to reflect that thought. Nice.

[Image: 2gLWykm.png]

Next on your list is to check in with the TCPs. The three cats are still happily chatting with each other; you're pretty sure they'll be content to hang out for as long as they're allowed.

You feel like making something for the cats to do together might be a good idea. You remember how much Alto enjoying riding the electric scooter, so maybe a scooter park with lots of ramps and curves would be a nice addition to the Starbound Haunt! When you pitch the idea to Alto, though, she looks at you kind of strangely. She says she isn't sure her scooter would really be able to handle curved surfaces all that well; it's kind of bulky. Maybe you could make lighter weight ones instead? Thinking about it again, you can see what she means about the regular scooter being too bulky for this kind of thing. Since Alto's okayed it though, you decide to make a scooter park for the revised scooters.

CREATE: Scooter park, non-motorized scooters, helmets

Nothing shows up that you can see and for a moment you begin to worry something went wrong, but then Alto walks over the console and starts flipping through the camera views. It doesn't take long for her to pull up the scooter park on the screen.

[Image: BKvihNc.png]

You glance at your sticky notes and remember that you meant to ask Tenor if they'd like you to make some clothes. Tenor says they would definitely like clothes, so long as Alto is okay with you spawning them in right now. They trust you to pick something nice and comfortable for them!

[Image: KO5WXlc.png]

You check in with Alto (again), this time about making clothes for Tenor. You get a yes this time as well, though she requests that you make her some clothes too. Something cool looking and easy to move around in, please! You tell her you'll do your best.

You can now create outfits for Alto and Tenor. Feel free to describe them with words or use images!
no longer active
>CREATE: spiderman costume for alto
create a comfortable nightgown adorned with patchwork patterns and a sleeping cap to go along with it for tenor

for alto, you heard the girl, she wanna be cool
create a bandana with flame patterns, fingerless gloves, a cool spider themed shirt, a pair of easy to move around in pants and a pair of boots
alto needs a skateboard.
ask if she's ok with us spawning cool gear for her/teaching her cool skills.
if she says yes spawn her a skateboard and teach her skateboarding.
(I'll be linking the images since they're pretty big)

Tenor
Top: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/4...cp_top.jpg
Bottoms: A choice between black sweatpants and a black skirt, equally comfortable, depends on your preference.

Alto
Top: Seconding spiderman theme, but a bit more discreet.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/4...Jacket.png
And a striped yellow and pink tee.
Bottoms: A choice between ripped jeans, shorts, or a skirt (all with multiple legs for Alto). I know not everyone likes the texture of jeans, so feel free to pick and choose what you want to wear here.

Oh, and,

Both
Star shaped sunglasses specially designed to fit on their heads.
CREATE: Spider-man jacket, striped pink and yellow tee, flame bandanna, extra flexible ripped jeggings, boots, patchwork pompom hoodie, black skirt, star-shaped sunglasses x2

[Image: panel_72.png]

The cats try on their new clothes without hesitation. Alto gives the room a quick lap after pulling on her boots, remarking that these seem really pretty great to move around in. Good job! Tenor's movements are more subtle but you notice them running their paws appreciatively over the soft fabric of their skirt and tugging gently on the pompoms attached to the strings of their hoodie. They thank you very sincerely for the gifts.

[Image: panel58.gif]

You turn your attention back to the godspace just in time to see your middle sticky note fade away. It appears that your reminders will automatically disappear upon being rendered obsolete. How handy!

You ask Alto if she'd like some cool new gear and some cool new tricks to go with it. She seems intrigued, so you explain the concept of a skateboard to her. Fully enthused now, she gives you permission to make it but says she'd rather learn how to use it on her own. Not just to avoid being TAUGHT, but also because she thinks it might be more fun that way. She'll let you know if she changes her mind about that though.

CREATE: Skateboard

Alto immediately goes to hop on the board but Tenor stops her, firmly but not unkindly telling her she should probably wear a helmet for this too. Now properly equipped, Alto positions herself on the skateboard, testing out which configuration of legs on/off the skateboard works best.

[Image: panel_74.png]

Everything seems sorted on the TCPs' front, what will you do now?
no longer active
Let's look into calling other players like we mentioned earlier
You check your communicator to see which other players might be available to chat with.

[Image: FtGXEpA.png]
no longer active
Limestone! Moll mentioned that she thought we'd get along with them well, and that they're a collective too, maybe we could ask them questions along that front?
Limestone sounds like a good choice.
Vic/Puck - Morbit Discord and Forum Mod - TCPdex Team Member -  Wiki Contributor
[Image: candle_mini_pixel_by_gasara-d5p3lty.gif] [Story Hoard] [Image: candle_mini_pixel_by_gasara-d5p3lty.gif] [Random Hoard] [Image: candle_mini_pixel_by_gasara-d5p3lty.gif] 
who's "???"?
Let's give Limestone a call. If Moll said they're nice, they're probably nice.

After that... Veil, I guess? I'm not entirely sure whether ??? is the last person's actual name or if they're hiding their name somehow. Either way, let's maybe hold off on talking to them for now.
Artificial lifeform/mechanical construct on a mission to obtain every armor type TCP and also maybe make cool stuff along the way

[ARCADE SESSION] [CAVE-IN] [THE ARMOR GUILD] [GENERAL CHARACTER HOARD] [INTRO THREAD] [TCPDEX CHARACTERS]
[ADOPTS]

You decide to call up Limestone. Moll had mentioned that they were also a collective, so maybe they'll have some tips for you along those lines?

[Image: panel_76.gif]

It rings twice before they pick up.

[Image: panel_77.gif]
talking to: LIMESTONE Wrote:
LIMESTONE: Oh hey, who's this? No one's told me about you before, at least I don't think... No, definitely haven't seen or heard of you before. What's your deal?
no longer active
Well, we're Sombrous, is that our face you're wearing?

Check self to see if our face is still there
We're new! Like, really new. As in, this is our first game. We ran into someone called Moll and they said you were nice, so we figured we'd give you a call!

[ADOPTS]

we're in same boat as you. we're a collective. And we have no idea what we're doing. Moll figured we'd get along, so she said we should talk.
OH! are you a shapeshifter? or is it just your head? still, you'd do great at celebrity impressions. HI, hello, We're - *Audible sound of papers rustling* Sombrous. How's it hanging?
talking to: LIMESTONE Wrote:SOMBROUS: Hi, hello, we're Sombrous and we're a collective like you! I'm also new, like really new. This is my first game.
SOMBROUS: Also, is that my face you're wearing? Did you take it from me?

[Image: REF06Y8.png]

You pat your face to make sure it's still there and are relieved to find it is. Limestone snorts incredulously. They regain their composure quickly, though they still look like they're trying their best not to laugh.

talking to: LIMESTONE Wrote:LIMESTONE: Ha, yeah I've got a mirror motif... Plus illusion as a domain? Does some pretty cool shit, I basically mimic whoever I'm talking to automatically.
LIMESTONE: Gets some good reactions... Like that one.

SOMBROUS: You could do great celebrity impressions with that!

LIMESTONE: Um, yeah. Okay, sure. Guess so.
LIMESTONE: ...
LIMESTONE: Soooooo what are you calling for? Having trouble already and need something from me?

They say this with a bit of a smirk.

talking to: LIMESTONE Wrote:SOMBROUS: Oh no, nothing like that! I don't think so anyway?
SOMBROUS: We aren't really sure what we're doing yet but someone named Moll said you were nice and that we'd get along so I thought we'd give you a call.

[Image: QBjySaF.png]

Limestone seems genuinely caught off guard for moment.

talking to: LIMESTONE Wrote:LIMESTONE: ...Huh. Well... That's cool. Good to know, I guess. Thank you.
LIMESTONE: Anyway, sure you can hang out. You seem fun enough. What are you thinking of your very first game of TCP so far?
no longer active
it’s a lot of fun! we didn’t really know what to do at first, but we’re learning, and our cats got to play with one of moll’s!
join me limestone and i will make your FACE the greatest in Koridai

Pretty well so far! We've got a good setup going, two nice kitties, and we got to meet one of Moll's cats!

[ADOPTS]

this game is cute as hell!
[Image: panel_80.gif]

talking to: LIMESTONE Wrote:
SOMBROUS: It's a lot of fun! Super cute game, we didn't know what we were doing at first but we're learning and I think we've got a pretty good setup going. Two nice kitties, and they got to play with one of Moll's cats!

LIMESTONE: Oh sweet glad you're having fun. What types did you spawn? We feel like you can learn a lot about someone from what types they pick - especially in their first game when they don't know all too much about strategy yet.
no longer active
You first, we've told you its our first game, if you want more info from us you'll have to be a smidge more forthcoming.
Oh! We share a type with Moll, actually. Hopefully that means we're good at strategy?

[-]
Quick Reply
Smilies
Smile Wink Cool Big Grin
Tongue Rolleyes Shy Sad
At Angel Angry Blush
Confused Dodgy Exclamation Heart
Huh Idea Sleepy Undecided
[get more]

Human Verification
Please tick the checkbox that you see below. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.