Homebrew Deviants Forums
[IC] Ghost Stories - Printable Version

+- Homebrew Deviants Forums (https://homebrewdeviants.com/forum)
+-- Forum: [CHATTER] (https://homebrewdeviants.com/forum/Forum-CHATTER)
+--- Forum: [FORUM GAMES] (https://homebrewdeviants.com/forum/Forum-FORUM-GAMES)
+---- Forum: [ROLEPLAYING] (https://homebrewdeviants.com/forum/Forum-ROLEPLAYING)
+---- Thread: [IC] Ghost Stories (/Thread-IC-Ghost-Stories)

[IC] Ghost Stories - Ignispark - 10-02-2024

[STATIONARY_FRICTION] Has Started Stream "Darkest Night and Legends Investigation. Stories Welcome."

The camera is far too close to her face. She's rather awkwardly fiddling with it and her headset, before she realizes it has already started the broadcast for her. How odd.

"...Oh? Hello. I didn't think it would turn on with that...I suppose it at least has signal out here."

She backs off. It's a dark night. The sky is off. There's an oddly red sort of borealis and white stars in odd patterns. Strangely enough, tcp scale trees are in the distance, coniferous, but this is a clearing where she set up a campfire of twigs and bark, surrounded by pebbles. There's a makeshift sort of table, by a small tent a bit further. A tea set is placed on it...though the cup is empty. Aesthetic, likely. There's also a small book with a ribbon and a own nearby.

"Right. I headed here early...though it was far normal when I started my trek...to get my eyes on a subject of many interesting stories early...and well. The sights and odd...seeming shift and scale are already fascinating..."

The legend type points the camera more clearly at the sky, before turning it around to get footage of the trees beyond the clearing, and then returning it to standing, pointing towards her.

"Ironically, I've never been especially attached to legends, but...folk perspectives are an integral part of history and places...so, I figured...and was practically told, to try to round out the archives a bit..."

She grumbles...sighing heavily.

"Do you know how hard it is to get tcp size broadcast camera? While I'm glad to be able to get out and about for a bit...I had to find a specialty place to get this...luckily it wasn't too much and. Since I bought it on my own, I can at least reuse it for personal work too, but...it's honestly a bit odd. Not like the sort of stuff I'm familiar with, though it seems to work just fine and I'm sure I'll get the hang of what some of these dials and lights and meters do...the antennae are clearly quite effective..."

The camera is quite an odd one. It's a moderately sized video camera, with a couple little screens on a tab the flips out, a good few dials and meters with needles and lights and tubes and antennae sticking out of it. Bits of crystal and other bits and pieces and functional greebles are also present. It has a well loved design, that isn't quite the corporate style most would be familiar with.

"I almost think. I maybe should have omitted where I was going and what rumors I was looking to investigate and ask people about...it almost seems like...hm. Well, unless I seemed especially experienced I don't think they would have sold me that sort of equipment. It's probably just well made, stuff this size can be a bit odd sometimes, depending on how it was put together, after all. The headset compatability is quite nice too. I'll have to thank the friend of a friend who reccommended the place to me..."

She paces back and forth, before realizing she hasn't properly introduced the premise.

"...right, right. I suppose partly in honor of this place and the time of year and partly for a wonderful debut piece...I'd like to start with stories. Ghost stories, fairy tales, whatever you want to call them, feel free to discuss in the chat...or if you're a local or in the area...well. Then you can join the campfire if you find it, I suppose. I'll take a stroll around a bit later to get some other footage. Though honestly, I'm. A touch surprised I was able to get this far into the woods anyhow. Even if it were the right scale...it feels like I've gone much further than its size on the map..."