Homebrew Deviants Forums
[MAZE TRIALS] Maze Trials RP Chambers - Printable Version

+- Homebrew Deviants Forums (https://homebrewdeviants.com/forum)
+-- Forum: [CHATTER] (https://homebrewdeviants.com/forum/Forum-CHATTER)
+--- Forum: [FORUM GAMES] (https://homebrewdeviants.com/forum/Forum-FORUM-GAMES)
+---- Forum: [ROLEPLAYING] (https://homebrewdeviants.com/forum/Forum-ROLEPLAYING)
+---- Thread: [MAZE TRIALS] Maze Trials RP Chambers (/Thread-MAZE-TRIALS-Maze-Trials-RP-Chambers)

[MAZE TRIALS] Maze Trials RP Chambers - victorianflorist - 10-19-2022

Please post your Chambers and subsequent short stories here. Forms below.
Quote:
OVERSEER FORM
SUBJECT NAME: (character's name)
CHAMBER NUMBER: (I.E. Spawn, 1, 2 or 3, etc.)
CHAMBER DESCRIPTION:

Quote:
SUBJECT FORM
SUBJECT NAME:
CHAMBER NUMBER:
STORY:

RE: [MAZE TRIALS] Maze Trials RP Chambers - victorianflorist - 10-20-2022

SUBJECT NAME: Production [Named after Spawn] (Knux)

CHAMBER NUMBER: Spawn
CHAMBER DESCRIPTION: Production is spawned and provided a standard issue residence consisting of a bed, table and cushion, and shelving unit. Its subject uniform is folded on the bed. Additionally, Production is provided a small workbench in one corner of the room with a chair with empty drawers, said workbench lacks any tools, to encourage Production to use its Ability to craft armor capable of mimicking them.

Production is gifted with standardized knowledge, such as speaking and reading, as well as specialized knowledge of Engineering and Manufacturing.

RE: [MAZE TRIALS] Maze Trials RP Chambers - knux400 - 10-21-2022

The power armor type is startled as it pops into existence. Quickly glancing at its surroundings, it notices the slip of paper in front of it. Leaning down to look closer at the odd shapes all over it, the meaning behind them slowly begins to make itself clear.

When it is finished, it now knows how to SPEAK and READ, as well as specialized knowledge of ENGINEERING and MANUFACTURING. Following the instructions on the paper, it approaches its uniform, unsure of what to do. It pokes it with its foot experimentally and-

The suit leaps.

Before it can move or duck out of the way, it's engulfed. It struggles, fighting the sentient fabric around it until suddenly it's on its back on the floor, kicking at nothing. It looks down. The suit, having reshaped itself to fit the power armor type's form, has settled. The upper half of the suit has changed into a sort of tank top, the straps settling perfectly between the power armor type's head and its two shoulder plates.

It stands up. As per instructions, it starts to think of a name and pronouns.

...Its ability... it makes power armor somehow, right? So...

...Production. It likes the sound of that. As for pronouns..? It plays around with them for a few moments, speaking them out loud to itself.
"He is Production."
"She is Production."
"They are Production."
"It is Production."
"Xe is Production."

...It likes They the most, they think. They're not sure why, it just... sounds the best. They look up and speak louder, addressing... the room itself? They're not sure who they're supposed to be talking to.

"Uhh... I'm Production. They and Them."

Having done as the paper told them, Production looks around the room again. The ENGINEERING and MANUFACTURING knowledge buzz in their head, and as they look at the objects around them, they instinctively start to think of how to make more of each one. They look over the bed, the table, the cushion... all of these were probably made somewhere, they think. But one object still confuses them.

For their first question, Production asks "How did you get the note to make me know things?"

A voice responds, causing them to jump.

"There is a special procedure we use to imbue objects with various forms of knowledge. You have one question remaining in this trial cycle."
"H-how does that procedure work exactly?"
"We cannot divulge the details of our product at this time. You have expended your questions for this trial cycle."
"But you didn't even tell me anything!"

Silence.

"Voice?!"

They grunt dejectedly, the sound of two sheets of metal sliding across one another emanating from deep within them. "For my reward, I want... a list of stuff I can make. I know vaguely what power armor is, but I'd like to know exactly what I can-"

Their thoughts are interrupted by a harsh clunk from the chute near them. Inside is a binder with hastily cut out clippings of research notes and various images attached. It seems to be cataloguing various pieces of armor that have been made in the past, but a lot of key details have been scribbled out. It's just enough for Production to work with, although it very carefully avoids divulging any information regarding who exactly made these pieces and what organization is doing this research...