Homebrew Deviants Forums
[GROUP IM: FRIENDZOO BETA TESTING] - Printable Version

+- Homebrew Deviants Forums (https://homebrewdeviants.com/forum)
+-- Forum: [CHATTER] (https://homebrewdeviants.com/forum/Forum-CHATTER)
+--- Forum: [FORUM GAMES] (https://homebrewdeviants.com/forum/Forum-FORUM-GAMES)
+---- Forum: [ROLEPLAYING] (https://homebrewdeviants.com/forum/Forum-ROLEPLAYING)
+----- Forum: [FELID_FACTOR] (https://homebrewdeviants.com/forum/Forum-FELID-FACTOR)
+------ Forum: [SIDE_ROLEPLAYS] (https://homebrewdeviants.com/forum/Forum-SIDE-ROLEPLAYS)
+------- Forum: [MESSIROOM] (https://homebrewdeviants.com/forum/Forum-MESSIROOM)
+------- Thread: [GROUP IM: FRIENDZOO BETA TESTING] (/Thread-GROUP-IM-FRIENDZOO-BETA-TESTING)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

[GROUP IM: FRIENDZOO BETA TESTING] - skinstealer - 09-27-2022

These messages are private between you and [3D] and [PASSWORD_JOURNAL] and [CRITTER_CATCHER].
MessiRoom Staff will NEVER ask for your login details or personal information!

[DIGITAL_HORROR]: okay, got this set up.
[DIGITAL_HORROR]: i'll invite people as they come in...
[DIGITAL_HORROR]: i hope we get a good sampling of people!
[CRITTER_CATCHER]: not too many, i hope. i don't know how i'd do with a spotlight

RE: [GROUP IM: FRIENDZOO BETA TESTING] - skinstealer - 09-27-2022

[DIGITAL_HORROR]: ok, got a bite
[DIGITAL_HORROR]: gonna invite them
[DIGITAL_HORROR] invited [GLITCHY]
[PASSWORD_JOURNAL]: hiii :)

RE: [GROUP IM: FRIENDZOO BETA TESTING] - Pichi2214 - 09-27-2022

[GLITCHY]: oh gosh, hi!!
[GLITCHY]: i admittedly have no idea what's going on, but I Am Here

[DIGITAL_HORROR]: hi!! sorry to just drop you in like this, let me just
[DIGITAL_HORROR]: i'm gonna send you the game- it's only got a handful of toys so far and only one environment, so don't get too excited about that
[DIGITAL_HORROR]: i've got some more assets in progress from another TCP, but we're waiting on that before adding some new stuff...
[DIGITAL_HORROR]: i'm also only sending over one species file per person to start so that we don't get too overzealous on adopting new friends yet...
[DIGITAL_HORROR]: so, pick from here which one you want to play with first!

[GLITCHY]: Ooooh my gosh..... all of these are lovely
I Gotta go with the Slumberwool though, considering my name and all

[GLITCHY]: Oh also don't worry about just dropping me in!! i might be a little overwhelmed, but its fine! ill figure it out

[DIGITAL_HORROR]: sending over, then!

[GLITCHY]: okay so.
i uh. i was Going to only adopt one, but i took both of these out of the adoption place and they immediately seemed to be friendly with each other so.... two tiny sheep
[Image: petz145.png]

[GLITCHY]: i got them situated with pillows and a food bowl, and turned on the fireplace for coziness :>
[Image: petz147.png]

[DIGITAL_HORROR] invited [CRUCIAL_ESCAPE]
[DIGITAL_HORROR]: looking good, glitchy!
[DIGITAL_HORROR]: and welcome to crucial, you can scroll up and see the intro spiel

[GLITCHY]: behold.... friends (literally)
[Image: petz151.png]

[GLITCHY]: oh!! hi crucial, welcome to here

[GLITCHY]: also i realized i haven't told yall the names of these two yet
this one who went off to chill on top of the chair is Bear... the other one is called Sleepy
[Image: unknown.png]

[DIGITAL_HORROR]: they're so cute!
[CRITTER_CATCHER]: it /is/ kind of nice seeing models i made in action...
[DIGITAL_HORROR]: have you tried talking to them yet? try teaching them a few words!

[GLITCHY]: I didn't yet! i wanted to just watch them for a bit, and considering that i did adopt Two of them they're also not too lonely without me, which is a plus...
I will try out talking to them though!
Maybe not right now though... I'm real tired and the two seem comfy enough that I can leave them be until tomorrow

RE: [GROUP IM: FRIENDZOO BETA TESTING] - Wilds - 09-27-2022

[CRUCIAL_ESCAPE] Hi all, good to be here. The graphics look great from Glitchy's screenshot, can't wait to see 'em in action myselves
[CRUCIAL_ESCAPE] Gonna have to go with a Salmonander. Love those lil things. It's gonna be nice to have someone to talk to, haha.
[CRUCIAL_ESCAPE] By the way. Probably should've asked this earlier - if I don't open the game for a few days or longer, will anything bad happen to the lil friend? I hope I can teach mine that I'll always come back to it.

[DIGITAL_HORROR]: they might go wandering around a bit while you're away, but they generally come back if they're comfortable with you!
[DIGITAL_HORROR]: sending over!

RE: [GROUP IM: FRIENDZOO BETA TESTING] - skinstealer - 09-28-2022

[DIGITAL_HORROR] added [VOID_COWBOY]
[DIGITAL_HORROR]: okay, another tester here
[PASSWORD_JOURNAL]: hi!!! :D
[DIGITAL_HORROR]: scroll up for more info, people are just getting started here

RE: [GROUP IM: FRIENDZOO BETA TESTING] - dediles - 09-28-2022

[VOID_COWBOY]: uh yeah hi.
[VOID_COWBOY]: sorry, distracted by some minor computer problems
[VOID_COWBOY]: I think I'll try an Allsorts, they look the coolest
[VOID_COWBOY]: '[DIGITAL_HORROR]: they might go wandering around a bit while you're away, but they generally come back if they're comfortable with you!' - wait does this thing run in the backround? will it eat my ram after I close out of it?

[DIGITAL_HORROR]: okay, i'll send that over!
[DIGITAL_HORROR]: it shouldn't eat your RAM or anything...i'll be honest, i'm not entirely sure how these things work re: all that. my computer's not the best and i've never had issues with it, anyhow

RE: [GROUP IM: FRIENDZOO BETA TESTING] - dediles - 09-28-2022

[VOID_COWBOY]: ah yeah the haunting, I getchu Wink
[VOID_COWBOY]: I'll finish setting this up then go to bed

RE: [GROUP IM: FRIENDZOO BETA TESTING] - Pichi2214 - 09-28-2022

[GLITCHY]: Okay i booted the game back up, they seem to have been doing fine during the night, probably slept through it
also! i tried talking with them, uhh let me figure out how to post chat logs

Show ContentSpoiler:

i talked some more with them, Bear seems to really like saying lil, and both keep saying hi a bunch as a respone
they're really sweet though...

RE: [GROUP IM: FRIENDZOO BETA TESTING] - Wilds - 09-28-2022

[CRUCIAL_ESCAPE] Hi again. Welcome to the newcomer - excited to see the Allsorts you end up with, I thought they looked cool too.
[CRUCIAL_ESCAPE] Looks like you've had more success than me with talkin' to 'em, Glitchy - mine doesn't seem too smart. When I talked to it it took forever to say anything back. I'll post chat logs later maybe, I've got it saved.
[CRUCIAL_ESCAPE] In the meantime, look at my lil freak. Its name is Pally, first thing I thought of, 'cause it's a friend but it's also pale = pallour = Pally.

[Image: 1.png][Image: 2.png]

[CRUCIAL_ESCAPE] It's pretty clumsy. Stares at nothing a lot, especially while I was trying to talk to it. I was gonna give it just my fav colour pillow + bowl but then I wondered if maybe it has favourites too, or can develop them, so I let it pick from a whole bunch.

[Image: 3.png]

[CRUCIAL_ESCAPE] It spent a real long time just staring at this thing. I'm guessing when you adopt one, it's like a blank slate so it hasn't seen any of this shit before? There were other pillows around but it didn't really pay any attention to 'em, just knocked a white bowl outta the case.

[Image: 4.png][Image: 5.png]

[CRUCIAL_ESCAPE] Maybe it likes white or yellow then. I'll have to keep testing it, don't have time rn though. Things to do.
[CRUCIAL_ESCAPE] Idk if it'll get lonely by itself or not but I don't think I want to adopt another one yet. Not until I know what I'm doing and Pally's settled in a bit.

[DIGITAL_HORROR]: they do in fact have favorite colors and flavors!!
[DIGITAL_HORROR]: from my experiences, it does take them a while to acclimate to their new environments, which is part of why i've been slow to introduce new items as well...
[DIGITAL_HORROR]: if they are alive, i don't want to send them into sensory overload or anything.
[DIGITAL_HORROR]: i'll introduce my guys soon!
[DIGITAL_HORROR]: got some errands to run but i definitely want to talk about my findings with my crew of friends

RE: [GROUP IM: FRIENDZOO BETA TESTING] - dediles - 09-29-2022

[VOID_COWBOY]: I got a bit of time, maybe an hour, I'll boot this up
[VOID_COWBOY]: I got a little... diploma? when I 'adopted' my guy.
[VOID_COWBOY]: feels weird.
[VOID_COWBOY]: ok what's on this little tray thing?
[VOID_COWBOY]: a brush for brushin
[VOID_COWBOY]: glorp, some cushions... is that it?

RE: [GROUP IM: FRIENDZOO BETA TESTING] - skinstealer - 09-29-2022

[DIGITAL_HORROR]: i'm working on more stuff, but toy making has been slow...
[DIGITAL_HORROR]: i did pick up another artist to help me with some new items- i've got some treats in progress and a few more toys
[DIGITAL_HORROR]: if these do end up being constructs, the blurb before the diploma will be replaced with some kind of disclaimer about them being living things...
[DIGITAL_HORROR]: the diploma's kind of a placeholder from when we weren't as sure about that. i honestly forgot it was there, haven't created any test friends recently

[VOID_COWBOY]: well I don't see much I can do. I think I can pet my guy and brush him and stuff.
[VOID_COWBOY]: but he mostly just
[VOID_COWBOY]: does things
[VOID_COWBOY]: not sure what I'm supposed to be doing here, besides tryin the chat feature. either I'm missing something or this is pretty bare bones.

[DIGITAL_HORROR]: you can take pictures using the spacebar, if you have a keyboard! doughboard input uses a quick tap to the bottom.
[DIGITAL_HORROR]: but...yeah, it's mainly meant to be exploratory. i'm hoping when we get treats added, you can coax your friends into doing tricks...
[DIGITAL_HORROR]: i'm also working on some clothes for dressup potential, but... development of features got kind of stalled by the whole "are they alive?" conundrum.
[DIGITAL_HORROR]: so yeah, there's not a lot of cool game features yet, but it's not really meant to be a goal or challenge based game. just...hanging out with a little friend.

[VOID_COWBOY]: I tried the chat feature, seems like pretty basic chatbot resoponses, mostly just parroting.
[VOID_COWBOY]: Great animations though.
[VOID_COWBOY]: Can't say I really get the whole 'hanging out with a little friend' appeal of this game, but I'm willing to keep going to see if my guy does anything more interesting then parroting me.
[VOID_COWBOY]: but that's all the time I have today, sorry for my weird hours, got a lot of irons on the fire.

[DIGITAL_HORROR]: that's okay!
[DIGITAL_HORROR]: any info you can give us is welcome- even if you get "chatbot"-ish responses, that still helps us learn a lot.
[DIGITAL_HORROR]: not that you have to like, show every log, but...
[DIGITAL_HORROR]: oh, right- i wanted to introduce y'all to my friends, but is there anything you'd want me to say specifically on your behalfs?
[DIGITAL_HORROR]: i figure it might be interesting for you all to see how a more...advanced? friend talks.

RE: [GROUP IM: FRIENDZOO BETA TESTING] - skinstealer - 10-01-2022

[DIGITAL_HORROR] added [GENTLE_STAR]
[DIGITAL_HORROR]: welcome!
[DIGITAL_HORROR]: feel free to scroll up for info, but also: ask any questions you want

RE: [GROUP IM: FRIENDZOO BETA TESTING] - knux400 - 10-01-2022

((The display reads "GENTLE_STAR is typing..." for about 5 minutes straight before the relatively short message comes in.))

[GENTLE_STAR]: hi! i havent actually installed the game yet, im still a bit hesitant. it looks good though

[CRITTER_CATCHER]: i get the hesitance, i'm literally on the dev team and i haven't adopted any friends aside from test ones
[CRITTER_CATCHER]: which as far as we can tell, the test ones don't have any sort of sapience because you're not teaching them anything, just checking out the models
[CRITTER_CATCHER]: but...i don't know, rags is putting a lot of failsafes in. it's the only reason i'm taking the plunge on this

((This message also takes a disproportionately long time to type. Just assume all future messiroom messages from gentlestar are incredibly slow unless i note otherwise))

[GENTLE_STAR]: yeah they told me as much. idk, i think its just nerves at this point

[DIGITAL_HORROR]: would it help to hear a conversation from one of my little guys?
[DIGITAL_HORROR]: i can ask them questions on your behalf, you'll have to take my word for it that it's a chatlog from the game but
[DIGITAL_HORROR]: same goes for the other testers here if anyone's up for that

[GENTLE_STAR]: i wouldnt know what to ask but id love to hear a convo

RE: [GROUP IM: FRIENDZOO BETA TESTING] - sarcovyn - 10-01-2022

[D]: Oh fuck hi new people
[D]: I was digging through some chat logs actually and I found the one where my friend kinda trolled Squeaky Beta a little bit
[D]: But it did remind me
[D]: Has anyone tried to teach them actual math yet
[D]: Maybe I should post that in the behavior thread actually

[DIGITAL_HORROR]: okay!
[DIGITAL_HORROR]: i've been meaning to check in on wiggles and tell it about a tarot reading i got done for it
[DIGITAL_HORROR]: one sec
[DIGITAL_HORROR]: aw, it's happy to see me
[DIGITAL_HORROR]: [Image: Oz2sGmV.png]
[DIGITAL_HORROR]:
Show ContentSpoiler:

[DIGITAL_HORROR]: sorry that that took a bit, we get carried away sometimes...
[DIGITAL_HORROR]: but it really is a little friend to me

[GENTLE_STAR]: oh my gosh........

[DIGITAL_HORROR]: @[D] nope, no one's tried math yet

[D]: Cute...
[D]: I love that
[D]: Several months ago in devchat wiggles was still saying "fresh" a lot

[DIGITAL_HORROR]: yeah, even though i end up talking to wiggles the most, it doesn't have as advanced of a vocab as some of the others
[DIGITAL_HORROR]: even still, it feels the most responsive?
[DIGITAL_HORROR]: i think it just doesn't like using pronouns and sentence structure much
[DIGITAL_HORROR]: i may try to give it a proper lesson at some point to see if i can get it expressing more efficiently, but i'm kind of used to its simple language stuff
[DIGITAL_HORROR]: silly and mocha can talk in full sentences, if anyone's interested in seeing that
[DIGITAL_HORROR]: zesty and party don't talk as much, but they're wandering a lot and tell me about what they find sometimes
[DIGITAL_HORROR]: ...speckle still can't talk. not sure what's up with him.

[D]: Is it too late to ask you to add writing utensils i
[D]: Wait that's a fucking stupid idea
[D]: Wait, is it????
[D]: What's the difference between typing and writing to a computer program

[DIGITAL_HORROR]: i mean... i could try
[DIGITAL_HORROR]: it'd allow people to like. draw things for them
[DIGITAL_HORROR]: which i know i'd like...

RE: [GROUP IM: FRIENDZOO BETA TESTING] - dediles - 10-01-2022

[VOID_COWBOY]: @D, how the fuck did you get the letter 'D' as your username?
[VOID_COWBOY]: also fuck I'm sorry I forgot this was beta testing and I haven't really been tryin stuff out
[VOID_COWBOY]: is there like... any kind of tester duties I should do?
[VOID_COWBOY]: or like, do you want to see my chat logs?

[DIGITAL_HORROR]: chat logs are the main thing yeah!
[DIGITAL_HORROR]: poking around and seeing how these little guys grow is crucial

[D]: [@VOID_COWBOY] Select a flavor
[D]: 1. I'm a hacker
[D]: 2. I bought this username
[D]: 3. I joined MessiRoom really, really early
[D]: 4. Zero-width spaces
[D]: 5. I'm friends with the MessiRoom developers

[VOID_COWBOY]: 6: your uncle works at mintendo
[VOID_COWBOY]: alright lemme just grab the log
[VOID_COWBOY]:
Show ContentSpoiler:

[VOID_COWBOY]: SOS BLADE THREW THE FUCK UP IN A LITTLE BALL WHAT DO I DO?
[VOID_COWBOY]: DON'T KNOCK SHIT OUT OF THE TRAY YOU LITTLE BASTARD!

[DIGITAL_HORROR]: oh!
[DIGITAL_HORROR]: yeah, they do that. it's...a hairball, or something
[DIGITAL_HORROR]: don't worry, they're not sick! it just happens sometimes

[VOID_COWBOY]: right ok how do I get rid of it? I put it in the tray for now but i know it's not SAFE YOU BASTARD CHILD

[DIGITAL_HORROR]: ok so in the corner there should be a little trash can
[DIGITAL_HORROR]: just drag it in there
[PASSWORD_JOURNAL]: love letter likes playing with hers :)
[CRITTER_CATCHER]: fuck's sake

[D]: My pets don't make hairballs because they're just better. Sorry

[VOID_COWBOY]: @PASSWORD_JOURNAL and you just let her? fuck's sake dude.
[VOID_COWBOY]: @D
....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\...