Homebrew Deviants Forums
mbnet.witch.tv/BLOOMINGPARASITE - Printable Version

+- Homebrew Deviants Forums (https://homebrewdeviants.com/forum)
+-- Forum: [CHATTER] (https://homebrewdeviants.com/forum/Forum-CHATTER)
+--- Forum: [FORUM GAMES] (https://homebrewdeviants.com/forum/Forum-FORUM-GAMES)
+---- Forum: [ROLEPLAYING] (https://homebrewdeviants.com/forum/Forum-ROLEPLAYING)
+----- Forum: [FELID_FACTOR] (https://homebrewdeviants.com/forum/Forum-FELID-FACTOR)
+------ Forum: [GAMING_DEN] (https://homebrewdeviants.com/forum/Forum-GAMING-DEN)
+------- Forum: [GAMING_SESSIONS] (https://homebrewdeviants.com/forum/Forum-GAMING-SESSIONS)
+------- Thread: mbnet.witch.tv/BLOOMINGPARASITE (/Thread-mbnet-witch-tv-BLOOMINGPARASITE)

mbnet.witch.tv/BLOOMINGPARASITE - victorianflorist - 08-14-2021

(You are redirected from [BLOOMING_PARASITES] Felid Factor post to her Witch.tv stream.
The title of the stream is "Evening MiPS character designer stream: Part 1 of the Every Death Challenge. Your view of the stream displays a overlay covered in paisley patterns with Rafflesia flowers incorporated into the design. In the bottom left is a v-tuber avatar, depicting a horror-like creature encrusted with Florals next to it is the words "FOLLOW GOAL: 156/200 / MiPS Custom By Chat!"
Behind this overlay is a seemingly 3d simulation game, currently Bloom is playing in the character creator, working on a Ghost Mantis Neuroth character.)

Now I love these new character customization options from [FUNK_PIRATE_JIM]. Its modeling skills are unparalleled I hear he's been working on something huge and the models we've seen so far have just been the tip of the iceberg.

The community aspect of Mini People Simulator is my favorite part of it all, anyone can start creating code and models for the game and have their content added for free and since it started getting real traction the game has really exploded with content.

(Bloom adjusts the facial features on the Neuroth, elongating the model's face.)

There's something so free about MiPS. Anyway, how's your day going chat?

RE: mbnet.witch.tv/BLOOMINGPARASITE - knux400 - 08-16-2021

[f00tsies]: hey nice to see a fellow streamer!
[f00tsies]: my days been going alright so far. some dipwad decided to stream snipe me in a ranked match so im a bit peeved about that but other than that im good
[f00tsies]: what game is this? dont think ive seen it before

RE: mbnet.witch.tv/BLOOMINGPARASITE - victorianflorist - 08-17-2021

Hiya f00tsises! Oh, that's a shame, I'm not one for competitive games myself but I hope you at least had fun!

(Bloom moves onto the body and begins adjusting the arrangement and appearance of the large insect morbitian's limbs. They pick a spikier, more aggressive look.)

I am playing Mini Person Simulator! Mippers like myself just call it MiPS. It's basically a life sim when you create and maintain a little household. It's an open-source game that supposedly started from someone in Hearth, Taverne but there are so many conflicting stories, I kinda doubt any of them are true. Some forums even tout that the game had to have been made by divine means or even came from another world. People can be so silly sometimes.

What's great about MiPS is that lots of people can make and upload their own content. This Neuroth model for the character I'm working on is from a mod by [FUNK_PIRATE_JIM], who added Neuroth and Vegricrus support to the MiPS market, hosted by yours truly. 

(Bloom's avatar smiles and sheds a few flower petals.)

The game hasn't quite taken off yet but I'm a part of a very dedicated community. 

(Bloom adjusts the color scheme of the model and moves onto the clothing, putting the Neuroth in various outfits, just cycling through the options.)

It's astounding how many types of people have already been added to the game. Most Taverne and Luxson people are supported and now you have people from Calliope. There are some people that have been added that I don't even know what they are yet! That's the fun of it. All these incredible things are created by fans just like me, and I'm so excited to share that stuff with everyone.

RE: mbnet.witch.tv/BLOOMINGPARASITE - knux400 - 08-18-2021

[f00tsies]: ohh neat!
[f00tsies]: i prefer more action-oriented stuff but this seems pretty chill, good for unwinding
[f00tsies]: all these avatar options are fanmade?

RE: mbnet.witch.tv/BLOOMINGPARASITE - victorianflorist - 08-18-2021

Yup! Everything but the base game has been added by modelers, programmers, and designers.

(Bloom finishes setting the Neuroths various outfits and moved onto the personality. Selecting "neat freak" as the first trait.)

Even the personality bubbles are fan created, with all the associated behaviours coded in. Its really cool, right?

RE: mbnet.witch.tv/BLOOMINGPARASITE - skinstealer - 08-18-2021

[DIGITAL_HORROR]: oh shit, i love this game
[DIGITAL_HORROR]: my favorite character i've made is a hybrid snuglin- have you messed with hybrid mods at all?

RE: mbnet.witch.tv/BLOOMINGPARASITE - King-Clod - 08-18-2021

[_chill_]: how many traits can you give a character in this?

RE: mbnet.witch.tv/BLOOMINGPARASITE - entipikal - 08-18-2021

[DUSTED_TRAVELLER]: Gosh, this game looks fascinating. I'm not very experienced with video games but a part of me wants to try this, the variety is very enticing. I think I'll watch for a little while.

RE: mbnet.witch.tv/BLOOMINGPARASITE - victorianflorist - 08-19-2021

(Bloom happy stims a bit, flopping her avatars arms about.)

DH! Of course I've messed around with hybrids! I put together the Ruffneck hybridize plugin! I'm currently working on more hybrid options for it. Since people have added some Calliope peoples, and my friend Sanjay told me that its working on a Dopple mod, whatever those are.

Now onto traits.

(Bloom brings up a more in depth view of the traits screen. The menu is simplified with icons representing different traits, such as "lazy" (someone laying on a couch), bottomless eater (an empty stomach growling), and so on. The menu is web shaped with 6 nodes around a center icon of the MiPS face.)

I'm glad you asked! Now this is the greater traits screen. What's special about how MiPS handles behaviour is that all the MiPS behaviour is tied directly to their traits. I can select up to 6 traits in total from the collection of traits I installed. All credit for most of my collection goes to my friend Jluiceblox, you can find their stuff on the MiPS marketplace.

Basically, any time you fill one of these nodes with a trait, it connects to the traits to its immediate left and right. So if I drop "Great Listener" and "Advice Giver" it also unlocks behaviours that allow the MiPS to offer more thoughtful advice that will have greater impact on the other MiPS.

Those combinations are nearly limitless, so long as you or someone else works to create those extra behaviours.

Its an awesome way to create a unique character with unique behaviours and I've had so much fun with it.

(Bloom finishes populating the traits screen, filling the Neuroths 6 trait nodes and exiting back to the rest of the character creator.)

Thank you for tuning in DT!

So, parasites, what are we naming our Neuroth friend today?

RE: mbnet.witch.tv/BLOOMINGPARASITE - skinstealer - 09-08-2021

[DIGITAL_HORROR]: hmmmm
[DIGITAL_HORROR]: why not lacey?
[DIGITAL_HORROR]: seems to fit

RE: mbnet.witch.tv/BLOOMINGPARASITE - victorianflorist - 12-15-2021

(Bloom smiles.) 

Lacey is perfect! I love it! We'll call her Lacey Bridges. 

(Bloom fills out the Neuroths name and some other preliminary information)

So does anyone want to drop some inspiration for this girlie's house in chat?

RE: mbnet.witch.tv/BLOOMINGPARASITE - skinstealer - 12-15-2021

[DIGITAL_HORROR]: what about a hearth house- not an apartment, one of those weird...dome houses.
[DIGITAL_HORROR]: do you have the farming expansion, actually? it could be cool to work that into a biodome setup!

RE: mbnet.witch.tv/BLOOMINGPARASITE - victorianflorist - 12-18-2021

Oh, that sounds like a really fun challenge! I've currently got the beta build of the farming and plant lovers expansion, the dev is only releasing the full build to their subscribers on Wimble so far. The domes are also going to be a challenge, MiPS isn't really built for circles, yet. The geometry is a bit off when you do try at a circle, but hexagons work just fine! But let's get to work!

(Bloom purchases an empty lot and then begins a furious building spree, having chat offer the occasional bit of feedback, although a "No backseat decorating!" message continually pops up in chat to remind everyone about unwelcome advice.

I think I'm happy with this! I definitely want to make space for a florist's bench but other than that I'm pretty happy! Let's take some screenshots! 

[Image: 1.jpg]

(Bloom sets up the shot and then takes a screenshot of the greater house, this continues for nearly every part of the house, and she explains her choices.) 

So Hearth has a lot of modern influences and I tried to let that shine through in the interior, but also with lots of greenery and natural textures contrasting with those modern styles. Bright pops of color from flowers and plants contrast starkly against black and white walls, communicating Hearths return to rural influences and the incorporation of natural materials. This contrast is fascinating both architecturally as well as socially! 

(A big pair of glasses appear on Bloom's Horror Vtuber Avatar and the words "Nerd out!" appear under her, it appears that a viewer has paid for this accessory to appear.) 

The return of the natural environment into the urban world of Hearth is something to be watched very carefully, in the coming years, Hearth could further define how urban spaces can incorporate natural plants and materials without being at odds with them. Not to say that Hearth has never incorporated naturalistic shapes into its architecture, merely that Hearth normally uses unnatural materials, i.e. concrete, steel, etc. to form organic shapes and forms. 

(Bloom starts as she notices the glasses on her avatar, and her avatar appears to blush profusely.)

Anyway.. 

[Image: 2.jpg] 
I like my kitchens small, seeing as they can eat up a lot of space in a home, especially if you try and entertain many guests in MiPS. It's better to have a small kitchen and entertain guests at venues you can add to your village.

[Image: 3.jpg]

Due to the addition of the farming and gardening area, I had to fit a lot of things into the small space of the upper part of the interior, so Lacey's bedroom, living room, and kitchen are cramped together, but she won't mind much!

And you can see Lacey there! Doesn't she look adorable?

[Image: 4.jpg][Image: 6.jpg]

And now the garden! Isn't this back gardening dome adorable! I added tons of plants and garden beds, and I can't wait to see what Lacey decides to plant. I even added these new vertical planters, they're absolutely charming!

So should we get this girl a job?