Homebrew Deviants Forums
TINY CAT PEOPLE: THE MAZE TRIALS - Printable Version

+- Homebrew Deviants Forums (https://homebrewdeviants.com/forum)
+-- Forum: [CREATIVE WORKS] (https://homebrewdeviants.com/forum/Forum-CREATIVE-WORKS)
+--- Forum: [OFFICIAL PROJECTS] (https://homebrewdeviants.com/forum/Forum-OFFICIAL-PROJECTS)
+--- Thread: TINY CAT PEOPLE: THE MAZE TRIALS (/Thread-TINY-CAT-PEOPLE-THE-MAZE-TRIALS)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: TINY CAT PEOPLE: THE MAZE TRIALS - Guest - 10-01-2021

I think a long rest would do us good. Let's just grab Sky and crawl under the covers for a while, we can figure out what to do with the laptop and questions when we wake up.

RE: TINY CAT PEOPLE: THE MAZE TRIALS - Pichi2214 - 10-01-2021

I would grab Sky and rest in the bed for a while. After that I'm seconding Lilium, use the internet for helpful knowledge.
also maybe play some games or just squish the keyboard a bit for stimming

RE: TINY CAT PEOPLE: THE MAZE TRIALS - skinstealer - 10-05-2021

[Image: 36-1.png]

You stumble towards bed, hauling yourself up and patting around for Sky. Once you find your plush, you hug it close to your chest...even with all of the new stressors around Monty and Max, it still brings you a lot of comfort. You’re not sure what to do about that whole situation, but for now, you need to rest and let yourself regenerate. 

You slowly let the world tune out around you, falling asleep for the first time. 

[Image: 36-2.png]

It is dreamless.

[Image: 36-3.png]

When you wake up again, your head has healed- how long were you out? Your health is also back at its maximum of PERFECT, and you feel fine. Sky is still held tightly in your arms, and you give it an extra squeeze for good measure. 

[Image: 36-4.png]

Once you acclimate to being awake again, you decide to drag your laptop over to your blanket nest, propping up Sky in your lap so that it can see the screen. You read about something called “searching” in your web browser application, and it’s about time that you started looking for answers. It’d be free, unlike asking the overseers, right?

[Image: 36-5.png]

>how to protect people

Oh god, so many results, most about news and illnesses, whatever those are...it’s kind of overwhelming.

>how to get stronger

A lot of stuff about “exercise” and...you don’t know what half of this stuff means. 

>how to get strong fast and free

You are absolutely bombarded with links for “muscle supplement free trial order now”.

You somehow doubt this will help you.

>how to protect yourself if you're small and weak

This gives you way less results, the third one jumping out to you-

“INSTANT PROXY
The surefire way to enhance your life, use magic, and protect what’s important to you!”

No idea what magic is, but it’s worth a look- better than getting overwhelmed by millions of search results.

[Image: 36-6.png]

“Invest now in supernatural self-defense with our brand new Instant Proxy™ kit!

The Instant Proxy™ comes with all the essentials to developing an impressive proxy like clockwork!

Avoid all the prep-work and hassle that comes with the process! Setup can be done in minutes and you'll see results by the end of the hour! No more mixing devilish spices or fishing around a lake of shady eldritch entities! 

The Instant Proxy kit comes with:

(2) Canned Potatoes, just add a bit of yourself!

(1) Self-Tuning Angel Radio! No dealing with finding a signal!

(1) A Blank Deck to help you generate form! 

(1) Scrap Amp! Power up fast!

(1) Radiation orb, allowing you to use the kit even in the middle of nowhere!

(1) Instruction Booklet in Common, “Spanish”, and Esperanto!  (Instructions for how to dismiss a proxy sold separately. Warning! Results may vary!)

Ordering the deluxe edition will also include

(1) Deluxe Scrap Amp for even more power!

(1) Proxy Monitor! Normally quite rare, this tool for tracking and maintaining proxy growth is now at your hands!

(1) Little Buddy! Experts hate him!

Begin your adventure today whether it be to find more success at your job, maintain a loving relationship, fight the dark arts, or just impress your friends! Order now!“

There’s a button on the bottom that seems out of place for some reason…

”Orderable for Trials Reward”

Huh...whoever’s making these webpages knows about the trials, you guess?

...that, or the overseers put this there.

You have a sneaking suspicion it’s the second one. Still...whatever this is, even if it goes over your head, the idea of maintaining loving relationships, fighting whatever the dark arts are, and impressing friends...neat!

[Image: 36-7.png]

>what skills are useful in resisting manipulation

You don’t get as many results for this one, but the second one seems promising. It’s some kind of “psychology” site.

“...being taken advantage of is a common thing in our society, but it is is possible to avoid with skill development. Knowing what the steps that common manipulators use is the key to avoiding being manipulated yourself.

Step 1) Manipulators will look for ways to make you feel insecure about your life, and make you feel like you are missing something, or target areas that you have worries and doubts about. 

Step 2) Manipulators will use these insecurities to provoke an emotional reaction of some kind- the stronger, the better. This reaction may override your common sense, and make you more susceptible to their manipulation. 

Step 3) Manipulators use your emotional state to suggest that doing what they would like you to do would be beneficial to not only you, but potentially a larger group- it could be your school, your workplace, your friends and/or family...or even a group they themself belong to.

Step 4) Manipulators will try to erase your fear and doubt about an action with reassurance, and potentially make things more appealing through rewards either through themself or your own actions.

These are not the only ways that manipulators operate, and knowing them does not make you completely immune to manipulation- but knowledge is power, and knowing at least common techniques behind manipulators’ actions will help you to avoid trouble.” 

...these don’t make you feel very good about your recent talk with Max.

[Image: 36-8.png]

>what skills are good at understanding people

You get another numbered list for this one. 

“Good communication skills are vital for understanding others- here’s some handy tips for getting to know people!

Share interests
Sharing your interests with others and having them share theirs in turn is a great way to break the ice in conversations, with anything in common being a stepping stone towards a great relationship. Even if there doesn’t seem to be anything shared between you and another person at first, stay open to new possibilities- you never know what new experiences could end up being your favorites!

Listen often
When you talk to someone, listen to what they’re saying and think about their perspective. Being perceptive to their thoughts and needs will be a boon in almost any conversation- but beware of people who won’t do the same for you! 

Offer a shoulder in times of need
When someone you know is going through a hard time, offering some reassurance or just a listening ear is a good way to help them feel appreciated and cared for. Make sure not to overextend past what you can do, and take care of yourself too- a good friend will offer the same comfort to you when they’re able!

Keep an eye out for social cues
While it can be difficult for some to pick up on things such as body language and tone, learning to identify these these will help you stay on top of social interactions! When in doubt, however- just ask how someone is doing! 

Stay sincere
Be honest and true to your feelings, and try not to let sarcasm or irony get you down. Being sincere with someone will allow you to strengthen your relationship as you get to know each other- and if they aren’t sincere in return, stay away!”

Well, it looks like you’re already doing a lot of these. That’s good news!

>what skills are good at helping people

Most of the search results are talking about “improvement for your career”, which is a little frustrating. It doesn’t really sound relevant to you!

[Image: 36-9.png]

>what is destiny

“Destiny: the hidden power believed to control what will happen in the future; fate.”

Huh. That weirds you out a bit, frankly. Was some kind of future event with Monty your destiny? And what about Max’s future? It makes your head hurt to think about too hard, but looking down at Sky reassures you a bit- better to have a vision of time with someone who was kind to you, versus someone who creeped you out.

At least, you hoped so.

[Image: 36-10.png]

You decide to wind down from all this new information by trying out pinball...the instructions are a little hard to grasp at first, but actually getting into the game, you pick it up quick.

Oh god, it’s so fun.

This may end up being a problem.

RE: TINY CAT PEOPLE: THE MAZE TRIALS - King-Clod - 10-05-2021

I'd like to request learning a skill in psychology, I suspect that would help us both with identifying different forms of manipulation Max might try, and for reading people's body language going forward. The proxy kit is definitely a good idea to keep in mind for the future though.
I'd like to also use a question (or two, depending) on how long Max and Suzanne have been here, respectively.

RE: TINY CAT PEOPLE: THE MAZE TRIALS - victorianflorist - 10-05-2021

I think investing in a proxy could be a really good idea. We could potentially use Sky for it

RE: TINY CAT PEOPLE: THE MAZE TRIALS - AceOfNothing - 10-05-2021

I want to again bring up looking at bags in or catalogs. That way its safer to take our notebook and sky around.
But I also like the idea of investing in a proxy, that could be really helpful

RE: TINY CAT PEOPLE: THE MAZE TRIALS - sarcovyn - 10-05-2021

update journal with new names and pronouns while you're here. maybe also look into putting it on that text program on your computer in case you lose your journal somehow

RE: TINY CAT PEOPLE: THE MAZE TRIALS - smorzando - 10-05-2021

It might be a good idea to look for an article on what a proxy is (from a source that isn't trying to actively sell it to you) before going through with purchasing one.

RE: TINY CAT PEOPLE: THE MAZE TRIALS - skinstealer - 10-06-2021

[Image: 37-1.png]

You shuffle around your laptop to get your journal and pen, quickly scribbling down the updated names and pronouns of all the TCPs you’ve met so far...or at the very least, heard of. For posterity’s sake, you also start including typings.

SUZANNE- SHE/HER, CHIMERA FISH TYPE
MAX- HE/HIM, BEHEMOTH TYPE
MONROE/MONTY- THEY/THEM, ATYCHIPHOBIA TYPE
RUDY- HE/HIM, PLASTIC TYPE
TEEVEE- ANY?, DESTINY TYPE

You remember the text editor program on your computer, too- you quickly check the manual to figure out how to use it, and enter the same information in a new file. Looking good.

Time for questions.

SEE: Hello? Overseers?
INTERCOM: Hello, See.
SEE: How long have Max and Suzanne been here?
INTERCOM: That will count as two questions.
SEE: Fine, just tell me.
INTERCOM: Suzanne has been here one week.
INTERCOM: Max has been here one month. 
INTERCOM: You have one question remaining, and one reward.

You...really don’t like that- you’re not sure how long either of these time periods are, but they sure don’t line up. Whether you tell Suzanne or not is something you’ll have to figure out later, but...yeesh.

The idea of a proxy sounds interesting, and while you do have some worries about the whole thing...it tempts you.

SEE: Overseers?
INTERCOM: Yes, See.
SEE: I’d like to ask for...this...Instant Proxy Kit? Thing?
SEE: It says on the website that I can get it.
INTERCOM: Reward on hand. Dispensing…

[Image: 37-2.png]

A box comes tumbling down the chute, having to pry it out as best as you can with your short arms. 

Well, there it is. You open it up and start taking things out, laying all the components out in front of you. There’s an instruction manual, thank god...though it looks a little sparse.

“Instructions:

1) Find a room with a big enough clearing, lack of clear floor space may cause furniture to be knocked over.

2) Open up the canned potato by pulling off the tab. Let it warm up to room temperature and stuff it with a personal scrap or physical element of self (teeth, hair, scales, blood, etc.) The potato will change colors when a sufficient amount is placed within. 

3) Set up the “Canned Potato” on a plate or sheet of cardboard in the clearing to avoid mess. Your entity will manifest through its flesh. Do not let the canned potato completely dry out.

4) Activate “Self-Tuning Angel Radio”, give it time to warm up. Place the “Radiation Orb” somewhere nearby to help boost the signal. Do NOT break. The device will tune itself to a channel where the entity will contact you from. Wait for the hum. 

5) Place the object you wish to form a proxy around in front of you- the kit has provided a blank deck of cards to help you choose a form safely! 

6) Press the button on your Angel Radio once it's fully warmed up and humming, this will confirm that you desire contact. Your entity will arrive shortly. The entity will explain further process from there!"

Huh. An object...the way you see it, you could use the cards they gave you, whatever those do...or maybe toss Sky in there. Could be interesting, and the idea of making Sky stronger in some way sounds cool.

[Image: 37-3.png]

Your insecurity settles in a bit, though- this is all really new stuff to you. You decide to look up proxies online, just to make sure you know a bit more.

"Proxy (Occult)
From Shareware Library, the free digital library anyone can use.
Jump to Navigation
Jump to search
For other uses, see Proxy (disambigution).
    "Spirit Homunculi" redirects here. For other uses, see Proxy (disambigution)
In folklore, a Proxy is often considered a type of familiar (occult) commonly seen among practitioners of the witching subculture and dating even further back to its roots, scrapwranglers. Description of proxies seem to drastically vary in their manifestation, nature, and purpose but are commonly described as extensions of personal traits. In regions where the influence of witchcraft practitioners is a important part of the cultural identity of a region, they are often considered to be symbols of personal growth, protection, and coming to terms with one’s inner self.  

The existence and true scientific nature of Proxies is somewhat contested in many circles and a number of contradictions make them difficult to truly pin down. 

In the past decade a rapidly growing subculture commonly referred to as scrapcobblers has massively raised attention toward proxies in the culinary world through their presence on celebrity cooking shows and internet image boards..."

Okay, never mind, most of it goes over your head anyway. The whole “extension of personal traits” thing stands out, though....maybe it could help you be a better medic! May as well just...dive into it, you guess?

RE: TINY CAT PEOPLE: THE MAZE TRIALS - AceOfNothing - 10-06-2021

Maybe we should hold back for now, and find out a bit more. Get another reward and use it to get a magic or scrap skill?

RE: TINY CAT PEOPLE: THE MAZE TRIALS - victorianflorist - 10-06-2021

Go for it, with Sky as the Focal. Nothing ventured nothing gained, and it sounds like a great idea to have something or someone really on our side, without question like with Monty or Max.

RE: TINY CAT PEOPLE: THE MAZE TRIALS - King-Clod - 10-06-2021

Let's wait on it - I think I'd like to gather more information on this first.

RE: TINY CAT PEOPLE: THE MAZE TRIALS - Guest - 10-06-2021

I agree on holding off and learning more first. But definitely using Sky when we're ready, that could turn out amazing.

Use the computer to search definitions - first "week" and "month," then something like time scales. Perhaps ask the overseers how long See has been in the Trials?

-aeshihowl on phone

RE: TINY CAT PEOPLE: THE MAZE TRIALS - skinstealer - 10-06-2021

[Image: 38-1.png]

Or...maybe not yet. You definitely want to go for this, especially using Sky for it, but it might be a good idea to put in some more research first.

For now, you look up what “months” and “weeks” are, as well as measurements of time.

You...think you get the gist, now. You still don’t have too much reference as to how long an “hour” is in practice, unless you think about how the overseers told you it’d take “two hours” for your injury to heal earlier. Since you had a new one heal completely during your nap, you must have been asleep for at least that long, though something tells you it was much longer.

SEE: Overseers?
INTERCOM: Yes, See?
SEE: How long have I been here?
INTERCOM: You have been here for a total of 16 hours.
INTERCOM: We are looking forward to further time together.

The door opens up as they say it.

INTERCOM: You may now leave your room.
INTERCOM: You have no rewards or questions remaining in this cycle.

RE: TINY CAT PEOPLE: THE MAZE TRIALS - smorzando - 10-07-2021

Might as well get up and head out, see what you are offered this time.

RE: TINY CAT PEOPLE: THE MAZE TRIALS - King-Clod - 10-07-2021

Write down how long everyone has been here in your journal next to names and pronouns, and head into the maze.

RE: TINY CAT PEOPLE: THE MAZE TRIALS - skinstealer - 10-07-2021

[Image: 39-1.png]

You scribble down how long people have been in the trials for in your digital and physical notes before heading out, giving Sky a little pat on your way. 

The next trial chamber is...tiny. At the very least, the platform you’re on is- there’s some stairs going down, and there might be more to see there.

There’s already a door open, and you can’t help but peek down the hall-

[Image: 39-2.png]

You barely have time to notice the smoke billowing out of the open door before you feel something large collide with your body, knocking you backwards.

????: Shit, Todd, did you just hit someone?

[Image: 39-3.png]

You have to struggle to get back up, panic going through your whole body- to your relief, it doesn't appear to be one of those balls that Monty talked about. It's...your mind calls it a trash bag?

[Image: 39-4.png]

You see a TCP poke their head out of the doorway and look sheepishly at you.

TODD: Uh, you ok little dude?
SEE: I'm...hi?
SEE: I guess? You really startled me, though-
TODD: You're high? What a coincidence, so are we.

[Image: 39-5.png]

Three more TCPs poke their heads out.

????: Sorry about Todd, he tends to act without looking ahead too much. I'm Roxas, this is Cayden, and that's...

They trail off and just stare into space.

The last TCP finishes the introduction.

??????: I'm Samson.

RE: TINY CAT PEOPLE: THE MAZE TRIALS - victorianflorist - 10-07-2021

No, my name is See, I'm not actually hi. I was trying to say hello.

RE: TINY CAT PEOPLE: THE MAZE TRIALS - King-Clod - 10-07-2021

Ooooh boy. Oh boy. Oh boy. They don't seem mean, but you've never seen someone with a line before. Not even Monroe, now that you think about it.
Let's calm down for a second, try not to panic, then ask them what the bag is, and how long they've been here. Wait. Wait, how did they get their jumpsuits off? There's a lot to take in here.

RE: TINY CAT PEOPLE: THE MAZE TRIALS - smorzando - 10-07-2021

There are a lot of questions you are probably going to want to ask, and a lot of information that you could gain from this interaction, but it will probably be important to try and not overwhelm this group with a barrage, and instead try to keep a naturally flowing, calm, conversation.

RE: TINY CAT PEOPLE: THE MAZE TRIALS - Winds - 10-08-2021

[Image: 1280px-Winners_Dont_Use_Drugs.svg.png]

be careful

RE: TINY CAT PEOPLE: THE MAZE TRIALS - skinstealer - 10-08-2021

[Image: 40-1.png]

SEE: No, my name is See, I’m not actually…”hi”.
SEE: Was just trying to say hello.
TODD: Oh you're not actually high? My bad.
ROXAS: Would you like to be? We're always down to share our stash with a friendly face.
SEE: Uhh...

Your eyes are drawn to the lines on the other TCPs' faces. They're...unsettling, and it's with a sudden shock that your mind tells you exactly what they are-

[Image: 40-2.png]

These TCPs are marked. Before this moment, you were completely unaware of what that meant- but now, you know without a shadow of a doubt...that a marked TCP has killed someone. With this information, you know the meaning of the marks as well. Length means how intended the kill was, and how broken up the line was indicated regret...

This is...really overwhelming. You had no idea about any of this, and just seeing the marks flooded your mind with this knowledge. A deep feeling of dread settles in the longer you look at them, but you don't want to avert your eyes and make things awkward.

You don't know if you want to share anything with someone who's killed another TCP, but...you have questions, and you have to stay calm.

SEE: I dunno, with the stairs and all, we already appear pretty high up-

All four TCPs burst into laughter at that, Roxas approaching you while giggling.

ROXAS: Nah man, high like, as in weed, you know? Like... uh...

They stay awkwardly silent for several moments.

ROXAS: You must be pretty new here, can't believe I didn't realize.
SAMSON: That's because you can't even tell your head from your ass when you're blazed.
ROXAS: Ha! Yeah.
CAYDEN: We've been around for uh, like a week and a bit. If you have any questions we can probably help.

[Image: 40-3.png]

WHY ARE YOU MURDERING PEOPLE WHY DOESNT ONE OF YOU REGRET IT AAAAAAAAAAA

SEE: Yeah! Yeah, uh, I have some questions...
SEE: What's that bag you threw out here?

OH GOD THEY KILLED PEOPLE IM GOING TO DIE HERE

SEE: And how'd you get your jumpsuits off?
SAMSON: The bag? It's just trash. Some of the stuff we get comes in packaging and stuff like that. Have to get rid of it somewhere so we just chuck them into trial rooms and let the overseers handle it.
SAMSON: As for our jumpsuits-

Roxas kneels down and puts their arm around you, the door shutting behind the TCPs as they all come out to see you.

ROXAS: See, it's like this little bud, we still have the suit shit stuck on us, but like...
ROXAS: If a type spawns in with clothes, it can't just go over them for some reason. So it like......
ROXAS: Uses its ability to change shape to turn into shit that fits?
ROXAS: This shirt around my waist? Jumpsuit. Cayden's rockin' glove? Jumpsuit. Todd's kicks? Jumpsuit. Samson's bomb ass coat? Jumpsuit.
ROXAS: I don't really get it either, to be honest.
SEE: Uh...huh.

They don't seem like murderers. But...

This is a hell of a situation.

RE: TINY CAT PEOPLE: THE MAZE TRIALS - victorianflorist - 10-08-2021

I say we try the recreational drugs, it might help us relax.

RE: TINY CAT PEOPLE: THE MAZE TRIALS - sarcovyn - 10-08-2021

if you recognized the marks instantly, chances are the guys that Personally Obtained Them know exactly what it is. thus it's a great idea to ask them about who they killed

RE: TINY CAT PEOPLE: THE MAZE TRIALS - Guest - 10-08-2021

Lets not try the drugs, we don’t know how they would affect us, and we should make sure they won’t hurt us before starting to relax.

RE: TINY CAT PEOPLE: THE MAZE TRIALS - smorzando - 10-08-2021

I would be hesitant to try substances if you don't know how they will effect you. There's a chance that tcp weed is not a one to one replica of human weed. Does manslaughter still create lines? I could see this gang accidentally causing the death of a tcp during a more extreme night of getting completely fucked up, especially given how dangerous some of these rooms can be. I could also see a tcp of a different type being effected by substances differently, possibly dying of anaphylactic shock, giving everyone a nice accidental line.

RE: TINY CAT PEOPLE: THE MAZE TRIALS - King-Clod - 10-08-2021

An accidental kill would be a shorter line, unfortunately. Whoever these cats killed, they meant to do it.
We're gonna have to ask about the marks sooner or later. I don't know if now is a good time, but it's gonna bother See until we do. So... let's explain that we've never seen a mark like that before, and while they don't have to explain what happened, ask if they'd advise us to keep our distance.
Also let's not eat or take anything from them just yet.

RE: TINY CAT PEOPLE: THE MAZE TRIALS - skinstealer - 10-08-2021

[Image: 41-1.png]

SEE: I think I’ll pass on the...weed? For now?
ROXAS: I mean, fair enough. We weren't gonna like, make you smoke it here or anythin' like that. You gotta... you gotta uh... 
SAMSON: You have to keep recreational stuff like that to your room if you wanna be safe.
SAMSON: You never know when you'll be in danger out here.
TODD: If you do decide to try some, make sure you have time to come down before you leave your room.
ROXAS: We don't have to worry too much about that though, because our powerful gamer metabolism clears it out of systems pretty quick. 
SEE: Y-yeah...makes sense...

You have no idea what a metabolism is, and your mind is too scattered on the whole MURDER THING to really figure out what the hell it means.

SEE: S-so...about, the uh...
SEE: ...lines on your faces-

The group shuffles around uncomfortably, clearly unused to answering this question. You notice that Samson in particular seems upset about something when it's brought up.

TODD: There are...
TODD: Dangerous people here.
TODD: You can usually trust most new people, but people who have been around too long...
TODD: Some of them will get impressions by any means necessary, and I'm sure you've noticed that impressions aren't always for nice things by now.
TODD: We have had to protect ourselves. You will too.

RE: TINY CAT PEOPLE: THE MAZE TRIALS - victorianflorist - 10-09-2021

We understand, See has met a couple of people we believe could be dangerous. Have you guys been here long? Have you met Max or Monroe?

RE: TINY CAT PEOPLE: THE MAZE TRIALS - King-Clod - 10-09-2021

I'm really sorry you had to go through that,that sounds awful. How long have you all been here? Do you have good conflict resolution skills you could share with us? I don't want to bog you down with explanations of what's been going on, but if you know psychology or negotiation that'd help a lot.
Beyond that, ya'll are gamers? What are those? I think we have a game on our laptop, do you guys play stuff like that? I'd love to here more about the things that interest you.

RE: TINY CAT PEOPLE: THE MAZE TRIALS - skinstealer - 10-09-2021

[Image: 42-1.png]

You calm down slightly at Todd’s tone...you don’t want to admit that the idea of having to do this yourself has crossed your mind, but the fact that the...gamers? Seem to take this seriously shows that it wasn’t an easy decision.

SEE: Oh...I’m really sorry you had to go through that.
SEE: I think I can understand...I’ve met a couple of people so far that could be dangerous, but I’m not sure yet.
SEE: Have you guys been here long?
ROXAS: We’ve been here for uh, like a week, week and a half? Something like that I guess.
SAMSON: It’s been nine days, Roxas you can just check your phone if you don’t remember the date.
ROXAS: Oh yeah.
TODD: How long have you been here, See? 
SEE: Uh....less than a day.
SEE: 16 hours, I think the overseers said?

You see Todd, Cayden, and Roxas glance at each other before nodding quickly. All three of them loudly burst into song wishing you a... happy birthday? Before they get very far into it, Samson interrupts them.

SAMSON: Stop, stop! It’s probably not even the right day.
SEE: ...thank you????
SAMSON: We should probably all check out what the deal is with this chamber, you can multitask, right? Walk and talk?
SEE: Yeah, that's cool.

[Image: 42-2.png]

You start walking with the gamers, keeping an eye on them as you do.

SEE: So... you have phones?
SEE: I got a computer!
SEE: It's got, uh, a game on it?
SEE: Is that something that gamers like you are into?

Samson scoffs.

SAMSON: Depends on the game. We're not casual gamers here.
ROXAS: I am!
TODD: Shhh! Stop admitting weakness to people we just met!
SEE: I don't really know the difference between casual games and, uh, non-casual ones?
SEE: I just have pinball.
SEE: I don't think I'm amazing at it yet, but it's pretty good.
TODD: Not amazing at it yet huh? Let me give you a gift.

[Image: 42-3.png]

Todd puts his hand on your head, and suddenly you feel the knowledge of gaming flow into you. It's similar to the feeling you get when you read a skill paper. Suzanne did the same thing, back in the first chamber, now that you think of it.

SEE: Oh...thanks!
SEE: There is- there is a lot of stuff to this, actually. 
SAMSON: Yeah, it takes a lot of work to be real gamers like us.
ROXAS: Or you can just be chill about it like me, really.

You've gotta think about your approach here. There's so many options for gaming and being a true gamer...

SEE: I'll think on it.

Before you manage to get down all the steps (they're a bit big for you, unfortunately), you pause and make sure to ask something important.

SEE: Have any of you met TCPs named Max or Monroe? 
SAMSON: We've never met a Monroe, no. We met Max though, he's...
SAMSON: The goal of uniting everyone is good, but he's a bit full of himself I think.
TODD: We'll probably help some, but we don't like how he's made sure to make himself the leader of the group, I guess.
ROXAS: I think he's alright, personally.

RE: TINY CAT PEOPLE: THE MAZE TRIALS - MarxzVulpez - 10-09-2021

Full of himself sounds kind of right
We met him recently and it went uhhhh
kind of not great
we have some evidence that his intentions may be a bit different than he initially lets on, and we have proof of at least one case of him outright lying to seemingly be in better graces with and or control someone.
We parted on the terms of basically "we'll help you if you need it but we're not directly involved in your group"

so uhh, what kind of games do you all like?

also 9 days huh? have you noticed any patterns with like, length of time between cycles, difficulty of challenges changing, frequency of Updog occurrences etc.

RE: TINY CAT PEOPLE: THE MAZE TRIALS - dediles - 10-09-2021

Use the power of GAMING to communicate.

Max is "sus". He's lied about his "total playtime" to a "noob" to make her think they "spawned"wait that's the actual word at the same time.

Can I get your "gamertags" so we can message each other?

Every "party" needs a healer, and I think that's the "class" I'm going to "spec into". Any advice for a "noob" or "sick strats"?

RE: TINY CAT PEOPLE: THE MAZE TRIALS - Pichi2214 - 10-09-2021

oh my GOSH
YES
immediately seconding lilium's whole thing

RE: TINY CAT PEOPLE: THE MAZE TRIALS - King-Clod - 10-09-2021

So, you all kinda look the same, did you spawn together, or did you find a way to clone yourselves? Does sharing a room between the four of you ever get difficult?

RE: TINY CAT PEOPLE: THE MAZE TRIALS - skinstealer - 10-10-2021

[Image: 43-1.png]

SEE: Full of himself sounds about right…
SEE: I met him recently and it went, uh-
SEE: Kind of…

You channel your knowledge of gaming to find the right words.

SEE: Sus. 
TODD: Sus, huh? How so?

You've got this.

SEE: Well, he lied about his "total playtime" to a "noob"-
SAMSON: What? What are you even-
SAMSON: Oh god, no. I know you just learned the gaming skill, but please stop talking like that. 
SEE: Got it. Yep.
SEE: Basically, uh...he's lying to one of his friends about when he spawned, I asked the overseers.
SEE: I'm worried that he's doing it to control her or get onto her good side...

[Image: 43-2.png]

Roxas fidgets with their claws and makes a sort of low droning sound before responding.

ROXAS: You don't know that he was lying, maybe he was mistaken.
ROXAS: And besides, even if he's lying, sometimes good people have to do bad things to survive here.
ROXAS: Lying isn't great, sure, but sometimes it's necessary to protect yourself or others.
SEE: It was a whole month on his part compared to two weeks on hers...
SEE: And...there were other things.
SEE: I ended up calling him out on some things during our talk, and when I looked things up later, I'm pretty sure it could be called pretty manipulative stuff.
SEE: I don't know what to think, but I don't like it.

[Image: 43-3.png]

SAMSON: You...
SAMSON: You called him out on stuff.
SAMSON: Like, to his face?
SEE: ...yeah?

A couple of the TCPs let out resigned sighs.

SAMSON: So let me get this straight:
SAMSON: You talked back to -and potentially angered- a man who
SAMSON: A) You think is an untrustworthy manipulator
SAMSON: B) Is like, 8 times your height
SAMSON: C) Is currently trying to assemble a large group of TCPs with him at the head.
SEE: W-well!
SEE: I didn't like the way he was trying to talk to people and make everything seem! 
SEE: I'm trying to be a medic in this whole...situation, and I want to help people...
SEE: And I told him that I'd help his group if necessary, but that I didn't want to be a part of it.
SEE: But there was some really skeevy stuff going on, and stuff that I just can't take lying down, I guess.

Samson gives you a look that you can only assume is her pitying you.

SAMSON: ...Kid, you're a fucking idiot.
TODD: I don't know what you were trying to accomplish with that, but like, that really only goes one of two ways.
TODD: Either he's not a bad person and you annoyed a potential ally,
TODD: Or he is a bad person and he now considers you a threat to dispose of.

RE: TINY CAT PEOPLE: THE MAZE TRIALS - King-Clod - 10-10-2021

Then I can handle it then. I stand by what I said then. He was trying to get someone else to join his group then, too. In mentioning what seems off I could show her she didn't have to go along with everything. Either way I'm certain he'd see me as a danger, I'm friends with his enemy. It is what it is.

RE: TINY CAT PEOPLE: THE MAZE TRIALS - dediles - 10-10-2021

Yeah it turned into a mess. I assumed coming in he was a good person, but I'm coming to realize not everyone is. I probably shouldn't have even told you guys in case you turn out to be bad too.

I just want to help people. People are getting hurt and... Killed because of the overseers. Why can't we all just help each other? Why do we need a group for that? Or a leader? Why can't we just help each other when we need it? Are impressions that important? Rewards are just stuff! How can that be more important that people's well being? Their lives?

RE: TINY CAT PEOPLE: THE MAZE TRIALS - sarcovyn - 10-10-2021

absorb the gamers' swear words into your lexicon

RE: TINY CAT PEOPLE: THE MAZE TRIALS - Winds - 10-10-2021

See: Have a gamer moment

RE: TINY CAT PEOPLE: THE MAZE TRIALS - victorianflorist - 10-10-2021

Don't lecture See on its choices. It's less than a day old.

See reacted naively because its naive!

RE: TINY CAT PEOPLE: THE MAZE TRIALS - skinstealer - 10-13-2021

[Image: 44-1.png]

You decide to pick up on some of these swear words. They’re good stuff- you mean shit.

SEE: Yeah, I mean- it did turn into a mess, but I’m only a day old- not even that much!
SEE: I stand by what I said, and I think I can handle it...Max was trying to get someone else to join his group, and I wanted to show her that she didn’t have to go along with everything.
SEE: He’d see me as a danger no matter what, considering I’m friends with someone he thinks is an enemy.
SEE: I just want to help people, and I don’t know why people have to get hurt and killed because of the overseers…
SEE: Why can’t we all just fucking help each other?
SAMSON: Yes, yes, good speech. I'm sure that will really help when you have to fi-
CAYDEN: Samson. Stop. It gets it. Stop yelling.

Samson huffs and walks faster, putting distance between herself and the group.

CAYDEN: I'm sorry about that. She gets really heated when it comes to matters of everyone's safety.

He sighs.

CAYDEN: Doesn't mean she's not right though.
CAYDEN: There were probably ways to accomplish what you wanted without putting yourself in danger.
CAYDEN: But sitting here talking about it isn't going to change that.
CAYDEN: What matters is what you do going forward.
CAYDEN: And for now, that means tackling this room.
SEE: Yeah...I guess. 

[Image: 44-2.png]

You keep heading down the stairs, reaching the next floor. There are buttons all over the place, and when you stop to count, you get five of them. They seem to be blocked by a variety of platforms...one that moves sideways to your right, one that moves up and down in front of you, a sequence of platforms to jump across,  one that spins and...there's one button across a large gap with no platforms, just a tiny ledge to stand on.

TODD: Looks like we have buttons to press in this chamber.
TODD: Which one do you wanna go for?

RE: TINY CAT PEOPLE: THE MAZE TRIALS - dediles - 10-13-2021

do we have to do this? every chamber so far has let me out once I got an impression. also f*ck puzzle platformers, amiright, fellow gamers?

RE: TINY CAT PEOPLE: THE MAZE TRIALS - smorzando - 10-13-2021

The one that moves up and down sounds like it might be the easiest for you to safely get on, or at least not fall off of. I probably wouldn't go for the spinning one, sequence of platforms, or the large gap.

RE: TINY CAT PEOPLE: THE MAZE TRIALS - knux400 - 10-13-2021

Either the up and down or the side to side ones seem like our best bet. Stubby limbs do not make for good platforming.

RE: TINY CAT PEOPLE: THE MAZE TRIALS - Winds - 10-13-2021

maybe if you push all five buttons at once you'll unlock an easter egg.

RE: TINY CAT PEOPLE: THE MAZE TRIALS - skinstealer - 10-18-2021

[Image: 45-1.png]

SEE: Do we have to do this?
SEE: Like...every other room I've been in has let me out once I do an impression.
TODD: Do we have to? Probably not, no. But as a gamer...
TODD: I know a puzzle when I see one.
ROXAS: Yeah, the overseers are usually very particular about how they like, put the rooms together.
ROXAS: I can't see the buttons existing for no reason or anything like that.
SEE: So...we have to hit these buttons or something to get out?
SEE: ...Maybe if we hit them all at the same time?
CAYDEN: There's one button for each of us, so I suppose hitting them all at once makes the most sense to try first, yeah.
SEE: I guess I'll take the one that goes up and down, then...
SEE: Platforming like this isn't great with my stubby limbs.
ROXAS: You got this!
ROXAS: Try not to fall though, I don't know if you'd like, shatter or whatever, but like...
ROXAS: Be careful.

You walk over slowly to the raising and falling platform, your nerves setting in as you get close. It's not that far of a gap between you and the platform, but it doesn't rest at the bottom for long before going right back up.

SEE: Uh...hm.

[Image: 45-2.png]

Samson glances over at you while jumping between platforms.

SAMSON: Todd, help it with that.
TODD: Sure thing.

You feel yourself getting hoisted off the ground by Todd.

SEE: W-whoa! Hey!

OH GOD THEY COULD DROP YOU AND ITS ONE OF THE MURDER ONES-

Todd gently places you on the platform, the force of it rising mildly jostling you.

SEE: Thanks! Th-thanks!
SEE: I got this now!

You reach the button in no time, and hitting it gets you a beep...but nothing happens, and the platform lowers shortly after.

You look over to check on the gamers.

[Image: 45-3.png]

You see that all the gamers but Todd have made it to their buttons, with Roxas having somehow disabled the spinning platform and the others simply sitting and waiting at their buttons. You resist the urge to call out to Todd, not wanting to distract them....besides, they probably got delayed as a result of helping you.

You wait patiently, the platform lowering and raising in a steady rhythm...faster than you want it to be, but it's fine. It's Fine.

Todd hops onto the platform that moves back and forth, calling out to the room.

TODD: Okay, ready!
SEE: Ready!

Once the platform reaches the top, you press and hold the button as long as possible.

Thankfully, with everyone at their places, a chime echoes through the room.

INTERCOM: All participants have made impressions.
INTERCOM: Predetermined rewards dispensing in rooms.
SAMSON: Predetermined? The hell is that supposed to mean? We don’t get to choose our rewards this time?
SEE: I guess not...that's weird.

[Image: 45-4.png]

You gather your courage and hop off of the platform as soon as it gets closer- but still high up enough to give you some room for error on the jump. 

Thankfully, you land just fine, only flopping on your face a little bit. You're getting used to that.

The gamers reassemble around you and help you get to your feet.

SEE: Thanks...

[Image: 45-5.png]

ROXAS: Hey,
ROXAS: Now that the trial room is done...
ROXAS: Wanna come hang out?

UHHH YOU ARE NOT SURE ABOUT THIS

RE: TINY CAT PEOPLE: THE MAZE TRIALS - AceOfNothing - 10-18-2021

Let's give them a chance! Plus maybe if you peek at their room you can see what they got. Maybe it will help you learn your predetermined award

RE: TINY CAT PEOPLE: THE MAZE TRIALS - Winds - 10-18-2021

Well, you probably wouldn't be able to win a fight against them, even if it weren't for the fact that gamers can't die. But if they wanted to hurt you they probably would have done it by now. Plus.... they've got games probably? maybe you could challenge them to racing monkey ball or something.

RE: TINY CAT PEOPLE: THE MAZE TRIALS - victorianflorist - 10-18-2021

I think if they wanted to hurt us they would have gone for it by now, this gaggle o' gamers already knows we're inexperienced and we've given them no reason to be aggressive to us. Let's hangout with them!